Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Slideshow Camera View
[Post New]
I used the background(spiral) template to make a video and while it worked very well for me, the spiral template opens with the text upside down in the background. Is there any way to change that as video gives the appearance of something being wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSPgUrERtc
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi gskywalkers,
Thank you for sharing your slideshow. Substitution or altering the image(S) you've set up as the background starter image. Look up; C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\Slideshow\CameraView\background

Substitute/realign in an image editor the 0bk11 and bk11.jpg and that should rectify your problem.

Comment on the video Titles: The Perspective Scroll appears to be off centre, favouring the left side of the screen. You may have word spacing that are causing the issue.

I liked the slideshow, thank you.

Dafydd

[Post New]
Quote: Hi gskywalkers,
Thank you for sharing your slideshow. Substitution or altering the image(S) you've set up as the background starter image. Look up; C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\Slideshow\CameraView\background

Substitute/realign in an image editor the 0bk11 and bk11.jpg and that should rectify your problem.

Comment on the video Titles: The Perspective Scroll appears to be off centre, favouring the left side of the screen. You may have word spacing that are causing the issue.

I liked the slideshow, thank you.

Dafydd

Thanks Dafydd, I will give that a try and see what happens. Also will spend some time with your tutorials.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Gordon -

The Camera View slideshow template will ALWAYS begin with the first background image in the folder, which is 0bk11. After that, the rotation through the background is completely random.

In that spiral background, 0bk11 is the image with the rotated blue text. Unavoidable.

One thing you can do (if it bothers you) is to build the slideshow, then click "Advanced Editing". Back in the timeline, scroll to the first fade transition (white screen), make a split & remove the opening section.

You'll find the slideshow will look better if you work in a 16:9 project & produce to a 16:9 profile - that way you won't get the black bars on YouTube.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - CVSS_Edit.png]
 Filename
CVSS_Edit.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
46 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
417 time(s)
[Thumb - CVSS_Sequence.png]
 Filename
CVSS_Sequence.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
420 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 13:40

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Gordon -

The Camera View slideshow template will ALWAYS begin with the first background image in the folder, which is 0bk11. After that, the rotation through the background is completely random.

In that spiral background, 0bk11 is the image with the rotated blue text. Unavoidable.

One thing you can do (if it bothers you) is to build the slideshow, then click "Advanced Editing". Back in the timeline, scroll to the first fade transition (white screen), make a split & remove the opening section.

You'll find the slideshow will look better if you work in a 16:9 project & produce to a 16:9 profile - that way you won't get the black bars on YouTube.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony.........several things here. What if I made that 0bk11 image all black, would that work? Second thing is that I have been consistently selecting 16.9 project but do not see what I have to do select 16.9 profile
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Good thinking Gordon!

The all black 0 bk11 works fine (just tested)

The video you posted the link for is 4:3, even if you were working in a 16:9 project. That's why there are black bars.

What is the exact format & profile you used to produce?

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Quote: Good thinking Gordon!

The all black 0 bk11 works fine (just tested)

The video you posted the link for is 4:3, even if you were working in a 16:9 project. That's why there are black bars.

What is the exact format & profile you used to produce?

Cheers - Tony

I open Power Director 10, select the 16.9 option at the to of the screen, then select the slideshow creator. Import the photos, click next and add the music file and select "Camera". Then I click next and click on "customize". I change it from 4 images per slide to 2 images per slide, click on "remix" and it makes the change from 4 to 2, then I preview the slideshow. My next step is to click on next which takes me to the production options. There I select "advanced editing" and it opens the slideshow in the full size editor. There I add the Title and the ending. Then I select MPG-4 and then Start and it produces the movie
ynotfish
[Post New]
Well Gordon -

That's strange, because the default MPEG-4 profile is 1920x1080, which is 16:9.

Yet - according to YouTube - Crazy Women's Tatoos at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSPgUrERtc was uploaded in 480p. MediaInfo here says it's 720x480 (which is DVD standard).

That's a bit confusing to me, but it's definitely not 16:9... see attached screenshot & MediaInfo report

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Crazy on YT.png]
 Filename
Crazy on YT.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
291 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
116 time(s)
 Filename
Crazy Women MediaInfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
251 time(s)

[Post New]
[quote=ynotfish]Well Gordon -

That's strange, because the default MPEG-4 profile is 1920x1080, which is 16:9.

Yet - according to YouTube - Crazy Women's Tatoos at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSPgUrERtc was uploaded in 480p. MediaInfo here says it's 720x480 (which is DVD standard).

That's a bit confusing to me, but it's definitely not 16:9... see attached screenshot & MediaInfo report

Cheers - Tony[/quote]

You are correct Tony, that video was uploaded before I made the change from .WMV to MPEG-4. I will make another video and upload it to youtube using the format I laid out above. Sorry for the confusion.

(edit)Here is a video done as outlined above using MPEG-4. This does not have the black showing on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKT9wexI8YE

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2013 19:55