Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I import music?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
..."other music"?
If you mean normal everyday music we hear on the radio, Zeppelin, Stones, J Geils? Those are just audio files and pretty much work all the time.
Smartsound Magic Music is actually a "mini-program" of sorts, it's not really a true sound file.
Can you browse to to your hidden SS folder via the SS module, and see if you can find your purchased file in the SOUND FILES music folder? Maybe it's not there. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Graham J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2011 12:01 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
When I mentioned 'other music' I meant other SS music

Well, it says 'online purchases' = yes in the SS module but, when I check in the album section nothing shows up? Maybe my purchase did not go through?

Graham
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Did you buy an album, or single?
Did you go through the download process, or somehow miss that?
Is the purchase you made, now BLUE BOLD in your selection area?
Is the download on your credit card, did you get an email verification?
Something is amiss if you cannot find your purchase.
NOTE: You probably know this by now, but only the BLUE BOLD titles can be placed in the timeline. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just checked my card account and it seems for some reason it didn't go through! Not too worry anyway as I've used a different MM tune

I actually just uploaded a video to Youtube but the video takes a minute or so before it gets to the beginning? Should I just move the video and audio along the timeline toward the beginning to sort this out?

Thanks Barry
Graham
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Yes Sir, the files should be placed to the left, the timeline runs from left to right.
A blank space at the beginning of your timeline will result in a black (empty) video, but the END of the movie is determined by the last bit of the last file in any of your timelines.
NOTE: Sometimes people forget they have edited out some video/audio near the end and leave a teeny portion off-screen way to the right where they forget about it, then produce a movie which doesn't stop when they think it should! It goes on till the last forgotten fragment is played. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Barry, you have been most helpful.

Still cannot work out why the music, "a sure thing" will not go onto the timeline as its coloured (UK spelling) blue so should work?

Ah well...
Graham
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Graham -

Could you please see whether the attached screen capture matches what you're doing?

* ONLY blue track (owned) will work
* ONLY insert in Music or Voice tracks

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
SS_Insert.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
584 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I thought we determined the download had not taken place properly. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry BTC - should have checked back before I posted. Must have missed that while I was doing the screen capture.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry BTC - should have checked back before I posted. Must have missed that while I was doing the screen capture.
Cheers - Tony

No problem, I'm sure it's an isolated incident... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you again guys for all your invaluable help.

Graham
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just finished my first (re-done) video in PD. Would anyone be prepared to check over the file to correct any problems if I email the file over?

I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Graham