Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I import music?
Graham J [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2011 12:01 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone tell me how to find the included music in PD v11 please? I need some non-copyright music to add to a track and was hoping to try the included music first. In which folder is the music found please?

Thanks for your input
Graham
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Graham,

See the attached screen shot to locate the SmartSound (Magic Music) module.

Hal
[Thumb - music.PNG]
 Filename
music.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Magic Music module
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
402 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks very much, appreciated
Graham
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, I have the selected Magic Music track I want to use but, I cannot add it to my timeline? If I right click on the audio, add to music track is greyed out?

I want to merge it with a small spoken intro I have, what am I doing wrong please?

Many thanks
Graham
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Graham: Only some of the SmartSound tracks that you see in PD11 are free - normally those at the top of the list and bolded. The rest you must purchase. Individual tracks are pricey, but you do get a lifetime royalty-free right to use the track and you it can be set to any duration you desire, plus if you get Sonicfire Pro, you can do some really neat stuff. I like to wait for the sales, when the price comes way down.

You could also, if you have some non-copyright music, just save the track as a .wav or .mp3 file and import it directly into the media library and from there, drag it to your timeline.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Not all (actually not many ) of the SS samples in the library are available without further purchase. Those that are not blue (on my system) require purchase and cannot be added to the timeline.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys. I actually purchased a track but, the track I want to use is a free (blue) one but it will not go down onto the track via mouse. If I right-click the option to add to the timeline is greyed out?

Thanks again for your help
Graham
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Graham -

Once you've selected your (blue) track, & the scrubber is placed where you want to insert the music, you can:
(a) right click & select "Add to Music Track"
or
(b) drag it to a music or voice track.

SS music cannot be inserted in the other audio tracks - only music or voice.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2013 13:34

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.

As a complete newbie to PD11, can I ask what the 'scrubber' is?

Thanks again
Graham
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Scrubber = "cursor" = blue line marker in timeline showing where you are.
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony,

If I can explain, I am visually impaired (registered blind) and I sometimes find difficulty, i.e. finding the cursor. I cannot find the 'blue' cursor, just the timeline marker which is not blue.

Thanks for your help
Graham
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Graham -

My sincere apologies - the scrubber is RED (it was blue in previous versions).

You found the marker, even though I gave you incorrect advice.

With that RED marker where you want, you can select a SmartSound track (blue) > right click & insert.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Scrubber_Insert.png]
 Filename
Scrubber_Insert.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
183 time(s)

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
As I was fiddling about in relation to another post,

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/27120.page#148112

I thought I may as well do a larger red scrubber marker (could be any colour) if that is helpful. There appears to be a limit as to the vertical and horizontal size that can be achieved (without encroaching on the yellow selector markers space).

Let me know and I can send you the details.

Cheers
Adrian
[Thumb - red scrubber.PNG]
 Filename
red scrubber.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2186 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2013 05:22

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Adrian,

Ah, I could vsee that on my copy of PD Ok but thanks for the screenshop, much appreciated.

For some reason though, I still cannot add the soundtrack to the timeline? I have a small spoken intro and I wish to add the music after that but the Magic Music sample will not drag onto the timeline and if I right-click on it the add to timeline option is greyed out?

Thank you again
Graham
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
What is the name of the song and what is the name of the variation? How many variations are there for that song? Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Xerox,

The name of the song is "A sure thing" and it only has one variation.

Thanks for your input
Graham
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Xerox,

The song is "A sure thing".

Thanks very much
Graham
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It's possible that if you bought a track that is not useable, you must "rebuild the database".
That function is found in the magic Music module.
This Toot is a few versions behnd, but essentially it's all the same.
http://youtu.be/lER_mFkm6TA HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Graham J [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ah, Barry, Two strange things:

I noticed that other music allows me to take it to the timeline OK

I rebuilt the database BUT, the purchased download still will not allow me to place it on the timeline?

Thank again for your help.
Graham
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
..."other music"?
If you mean normal everyday music we hear on the radio, Zeppelin, Stones, J Geils? Those are just audio files and pretty much work all the time.
Smartsound Magic Music is actually a "mini-program" of sorts, it's not really a true sound file.
Can you browse to to your hidden SS folder via the SS module, and see if you can find your purchased file in the SOUND FILES music folder? Maybe it's not there. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT