Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I run two versions of PD on the same computer?
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Carl!

As it happens, I found the DVD SP setting by chance. I have to say, clips rendered from Hi-Def content like AVCHD or MP4, actually scrub up quite well when rendered to DVD SP. Using DVD SP I'm able to squeeze two hours onto a standard 4.7 Gb DVD(single layer). I don't use dual-layer discs for anything other than file storage as the last time I tried to burn a dual-layer DVD, only the computer would play it(yes, it had been "finalised"), domestic DVD players will quite readily accept and play commercially-made dual-layer discs)My Harry Potter movie collection proves that), but they "spit the dummy" on home-burn dual-layer discs. So, for that reason, I keep it simple... DVD SP, burn to single-layer and fit 2 hours + onto one disc.

Cheers!

Neil.
Piet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2016 17:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
can I reinstall powerdirector 11 ultra, my PC had to be extensively repaired and reloded after virus attacks.

kind regards
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: can I reinstall powerdirector 11 ultra, my PC had to be extensively repaired and reloded after virus attacks.

kind regards

Hi, Piet!

This thread is already a year old but as your question is sort-of related, I'm happy to answer it. Yes, you can reinstall PD11 if you're running PD14 currently, the two versions will happily sit beside each other on one computer, in fact, any version of PD from Version 9 onward can run on the same computer with an earlier or later version, however this is not so with Power Director versions 8 or earlier(a word of caution), i.e., PD8 will want you to uninstall PD7 or earlier, but PD9 or later versions will install alongside PD8 OR PD7 OR any ONE earlier version. So, if you have your installation disc for PD11 at hand, yes, go ahead and reinstall.

Cheers!

Neil.