Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Alabama Joined: Dec 31, 2007 11:49 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have made 100's of movies using Cyberlink Power Director 6.0, but currently I have run into a problem. I had someone give me a movie that they already created using Windows Movie Maker. They wanted me to add music to it and a menu. So I imported the movie and the music did what I always do and then I created disc. For whatever reason, when I play the disc in my DVD player, there is no menu and no music. Like I said I am not a beginner so this is pretty strange. Does anyone have any suggestions? When I place the finished DVD in my player it automatically starts playing the movie........NO menu and no music. However, if I click the chapter back on my remote twice the music will begin. I need help! Thanks in advance. Through Christ,
Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Is that weird or what!?

Now have you created a DVD from your own media - nothing from your friend and did that "do the job"?

I'm wondering why and what about the media files - there has got to be something unusual with the media you've brought in .... perhaps... It's all guesswork at the moment.

Indulge me - what are the file formats you've used? What are the resolution and sizes of the video? what quality is the music file?

As you're experienced in disc writing I would expect you to ignore all the data your friend has given you and go and test make another DVD. I would also like you to carry out a test on the the "friends" project and write it to a folder on your hard drive. After that I'd like you to use the data (in the folder) to make a DVD.

Can you play with these few things... please? Come back with an update asap.

Dafydd
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,
Thank you very very very much for responding!!!!! Let me explain the troubleshooting I have already gone through.

1. Inserted movie from windows movie maker. Then I produced it as a MPEG2 file. Then I inserted the MPEG2 file in Cyberlink. Added the music and the menu and created disc. Same result as the first. No, menu and mo music.
2.Inserted movie from windows movie maker. Then I produced it as a MPEG1 file. Then I inserted the MPEG1 file in Cyberlink. Added the music and the menu and created disc. Same result as the first. No, menu and mo music.
3.Inserted movie from windows movie maker. Then I produced it as an AVI file. Then I inserted the AVI file in Cyberlink. Added the music and the menu and created disc. Same result as the first. No, menu and mo music.

Resolution size - I am using the standard full screen in Cyberlink.

I have tried to create another DVD with menu. Everything works fine.

What else can I tell you for information that would help you help me??

Again, Thank you for responding! Through Christ,
Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris,

Let's get back to basics. Are you running PD6 v2319?

Can you do something to the audio files.... I'm wondering what your selections are for the menu as well.

Chris, you've joined SeeMyWorldOnVideo.com haven't you already. Go get the audio editor and re-render the audio file to an mp3.

After all the above, I'm going to need you to write every blasted selection, click and whistle and provide the files. I think that's the last and final option. I'll ask CyberLink for an upload location tomorrow if we need to go that far.

Dafydd

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/2405.page
PART A
PowerDirector Version build

PART D
Training to explain a problem in PD
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I will go through the process and write down exactly what I am doing in order to provide the best information. I will post it this evening. Thanks for your help.

By the way, I use Sonar 7 Producer to change formats of audio. I usually produce the audio as a .wav file simply for that fact of a little better quality. However, I have no objections to changing it to mp3.

Oh yeah........I am just using a template for the menu. It is the "memories" menu.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 03. 2008 15:54

Through Christ,
Chris
Chris [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK......Somewhat of a breakthrough!!!

I just created a new disc. I allowed it to play all the way through in my DVD player. This time at the end of the video it went to the menu.....And everything was fine after that. I have tried multiple DVD players just to rule that out. So, now I am thinking there is a setting that got changed and I am hoping it is a click of a button. So, I am assuming that I have a setting somewhere on there that automatically plays movie when inserted. Does anyone know of this?? Through Christ,
Chris
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Chris, I think you've already rummaged through PD6 to try and locate the cause - the only Auto run option is:
Create Disc
CD Preferences
Menu tab
Auto menu Time-out - tick box.

Dafydd