Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Prometheus 3D wont play
Marcx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 14:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I just came home with the US version and am getting a message that this title requires an update....
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I'm so irritated I'm having the same issue!!!

Well I hope you are working on a patch release for today cyberlink?!!
comicfan123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 13, 2011 12:50 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I posted this in the U.K. thread but I'm in the U.S. with the U.S. version.

I picked up Prometheus this morning and had no problems playing it in my Power DVD 12 on my BD drive.Both the 2D Blu Ray and bonus disk played fine.I don't have a 3D setup for my computer or a 3D T.V. yet so i can't check the 3D copy.

The 2D disk and bonus disk also played fine on my Sony 3D blu ray player for my t.v.

So is this a problem then only with the 3D disks?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2012 15:36

Marcx [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, my 2D disc will not play either
Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
3d and 2d give me the red screen saying i need an update.
Benjamin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 17:52 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I also cannot play the movie.....
DeKorsey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2006 20:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
2D won't play here either.
comicfan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm,that's strange.I was expecting/dreading a problem with mine based off the comments in the UK thread and was happly surprised when my disks played in my BD drive and T.V. blu ray player both.I was really expecting it not to work on my computer since that's with the BD Power DVD 12.I even checked it on my Sony 3D Blu Ray player first on the T.V. before I tried it on my computer because I was expecting the Red Screen saying I needed a update.But it loaded fine,The FOX intro and FBI Piracy warning and the menu came up and I used the scene select to jump to the end credits of the film just to make sure the movie itself played and it did.The bonus disk loaded fine too.

I thought maybe it could be a region problem or just the 3D disk but you guys are having the same issues on all the disks in the set in the U.S.

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth but I wonder why it works for me when others are having problems.

I just check the 2D copy and bonus disk again on my BD drive and it still works.Loaded up fine and gave the option to continue where I left off or start the disk over.I started both over and no problems.Played the beginning of the film and on the bonus disk loaded up a and watched the teaser trailer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2012 20:13

Lord Rahl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 20:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Im in the US and my 2D version does not play ether. I get "your bluray player requires and update to play this disc". I have the latest version 12.0.1905c.56
Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
Still not working
Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hmm,that's strange.I was expecting/dreading a problem with mine based off the comments in the UK thread and was happly surprised when my disks played in my BD drive and T.V. blu ray player both.I was really expecting it not to work on my computer since that's with the BD Power DVD 12.I even checked it on my Sony 3D Blu Ray player first on the T.V. before I tried it on my computer because I was expecting the Red Screen saying I needed a update.But it loaded fine,The FOX intro and FBI Piracy warning and the menu came up and I used the scene select to jump to the end credits of the film just to make sure the movie itself played and it did.The bonus disk loaded fine too.

I thought maybe it could be a region problem or just the 3D disk but you guys are having the same issues on all the disks in the set in the U.S.

I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth but I wonder why it works for me when others are having problems.

I just check the 2D copy and bonus disk again on my BD drive and it still works.Loaded up fine and gave the option to continue where I left off or start the disk over.I started both over and no problems.Played the beginning of the film and on the bonus disk loaded up a and watched the teaser trailer.

What company blu-ray player are you using Sir?
Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
So how long is projecting to be fixed?
TuskinPhoenix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 05, 2012 22:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I too have installed the latest update from Cyberlink and the latest Firmware for my lite-on ihbs212 2. I can play other BluRays, but when Prometheus loads up I get a message that I need to update my software.
comicfan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hmm,that's strange.I was expecting/dreading a problem with mine based off the comments in the UK thread and was happly surprised when my disks played in my BD drive and T.V. blu ray player both.I was really expecting it not to work on my computer since that's with the BD Power DVD 12.I even checked it on my Sony 3D Blu Ray player first on the T.V. before I tried it on my computer because I was expecting the Red Screen saying I needed a update.But it loaded fine,The FOX intro and FBI Piracy warning and the menu came up and I used the scene select to jump to the end credits of the film just to make sure the movie itself played and it did.The bonus disk loaded fine too.

It's a LG BH10 BD drive.I updated from Power DVD 8 which came with it to Power DVD 12 at the beginning of the year.I did the update a few days after Power DVD 12 came out.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 00:15

Manoroid [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

It's a LG BH10 BD drive.I updated from Power DVD 8 which came with it to Power DVD 12 at the beginning of the year.I did the update a few days after Power DVD 12 came out.

Like I said I tried my Prometheus 2D disk and bonus features disk twice in the BD drive and it worked just fine both times.And it worked on my Sony 3D Blu Ray player fro my T.V.

Hmm. I have an lg bh12ls38 and no luck for me today
comicfan123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The full model of mine is LG BH10LS30.I think mine is older than yours too.I mean I don't know if that matters since mine is updated to Power DVD 12.

Like I said I tried my Prometheus 2D disk and bonus features disk twice in the BD drive and it worked just fine both times.And it worked on my Sony 3D Blu Ray player for my T.V.

I feel bad that so many are having trouble while mine is working for some reason.I remember how fustrating it was last year when I was having the same thing happen with X-Men First Class and than all new FOX Blu Rays and eventually it expanded to other new studios films.And Cyberlink decided to stop providing patches for Power DVD's below Power DVD 10.Basically forcing people to pay for a newer Power DVD.So with Power DVD 8,I was out of luck unless I bought the update to Power DVD 11 at the time.Eventually it reach the point where I couldn't even go back and play my old blu rays in the BD drive.When I got Paranormal Activity 3 and that said I needed to update my software and than I tried to go back and play films that did work and now wouldn't(my computer guy speculated that when I put Paranormal 3 in my drive,it read I was using the older Power DVD 8 software and it sort of put a lockdown on my drive to prevent me from playing any Blu Ray's and force me to update)I finally grudgenly updated to Power DVD 12(and bought a new monitor because I didn't have HD one and Power DVD 11-12 requires it) and haven't had any problems since.

Ironically the very day I decided to give in and update to Power DVD 11,Power DVD 12 came out.So I went with Power DVD 12 since I figured as the newest release,Cyberlink would support it longer.I wouldn't have to worry about them deciding to stop providing patches if needed on the newest product.I was scared if I went with Power DVD 10 or 11,I would run into the same sitiuation where they would stop supplying patches for the older products in order to force you to buy their newest.So I figured I would just go with the newest right off the bat and hope there wouldn't be a Power DVD 13 or 14 right away.

So I know how annoying this is.And while I don't want to jinks myself, I am really curious why Promethus is working on my drive.

I noticed this always starts with FOX Blu Rays.This year it's Prometheus.Last year it was the Star Wars set and X-Men First Class.And I know people had the same problem with Avatar when that first came out.

So while Promethus is working for me,it does make me nervous in two weeks when I buy Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Hunter which is another FOX title.Will it say I need to update even if Prometheus didn't?

I swear this is the one thing I HATE about Blu Ray.Thess firmware/patch requirements.I never had these issues ever come up with DVD.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2012 00:29

rda10002002 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2011 00:31 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have the 2d copy here and i am getting the same message about updating my player. I was looking forward to watching this now as i have the time to. Has anyone heard of when they will put out an update? Or any work arounds?
Marcx [Avatar]
[Post New]
And the lame response I received from cyberlink customer support:

Dear Marc,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with CyberLink PowerDVD 12 Ultra upgrade and you are unable to play Blu-ray with it.

In regards to your issue, please provide me the following information:

1. Please check the SR Number of PowerDVD software and then send it to me in order to assist you better. You can refer to the URL provided below to get the SR number of your software.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=2615

2. I would suggest you to please make sure that you have the updated drivers for your Display card and Sound card. You may contact your Display card and Sound card manufacturer or the computer manufacturer to get the latest drivers.

If issue persists or you have the updated drivers, I request you to send me the system log file (DxDiag.txt log file) for further analysis.

DxDiag.txt: You can use the steps that follow to create this file:

Start --> Search --> Run --> dxdiag --> Save All Informations --> a DxDiag.txt file created.

3. Also, please send me the snapshot of the error screen with full desktop. We will look at the screen capture, analyze and send you a solution or provide more information.

To take screenshot, please follow the steps given below :

a. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard when the error appears on your screen.
b. Click on Start -> Programs-> Accessories-> Paint.
c. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V
d. Save the file with the extension name .jpg and then send to CyberLink Support for analysis.

4. Please send me the BD Advisor by visiting the link provided below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/bd-support/diagnosis.do

5. Which are the Blu-Ray titles (with region code) that you are trying to play?

Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:

>>https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.

Thank You and Best Regards

Bedi
CyberLink Technical Support
Joshua [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2012 13:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This is defiantly an issue on Cyberlink's end. I am experiencing the same issue, but due to frustration tried other alternatives and ended up getting the free trial of Corel's WinDVD Pro 11 and it is playing back the Blu-Ray 3D/2D fine.

Hope cyberlink gets this fixed or I will have to go with a competitor.
Lord Rahl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2012 20:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: And the lame response I received from cyberlink customer support:

3. Also, please send me the snapshot of the error screen with full desktop. We will look at the screen capture, analyze and send you a solution or provide more information.

To take screenshot, please follow the steps given below :

a. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard when the error appears on your screen.
b. Click on Start -> Programs-> Accessories-> Paint.
c. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V
d. Save the file with the extension name .jpg and then send to CyberLink Support for analysis.

CyberLink Technical Support

I am having the same issue as everyone else.

AS for screen capture I tried this myself. Not sure if there is something in the way the bluray is displaying the warning image on the screen for me but screen capture wont work.