Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
URGENT. Poor Quality After PD.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Shezza -

From some of your posts, it seems like you're mixing up the language a bit. Sometimes it's hard to understand exactly what you're describing. Members will be able to assist better if you can show the problem clearly.

You said: I would also like to send a before clip and after clip but I have I been given a link how to do that?
Do you mean you're not sure how to post a video clip?

► Record a short clip ► transfer it to your PC ► add it as an attachment

You said: When I produce the clips in SVRT3 and then play this on Windows Media Player it is perfect
As Barry suggested, please post the exact format & resolution you chose. e.g. H.264 AVC 1920x1080/24p

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
shezza1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2012 15:43 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I sent some clips but the post or clips don't seem to have appeared.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I think, at this point, I'm gonna give up. That being said, sometimes, sometimes, posts seem to go missing, then re-appear, but I am getting a little worn out trying to figure out what you are doing wrong (or what PD is doing wrong).
I'm gettin' crabby, so I'm scurrying off. Good luck, I'll watch your progress, or lack thereof, from afar. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry I do understand your frustration but think how frustrated I am. I have done evrything that I have been asked to do. But please as you scurry off try to remember that NOT ALL people are as PC litterate as you probably are, and at the end of the day all I want after paying hard earned cash is, to end up with a decent quality film.
We all have to start somewhere I dont think anyone got to grips wlth PD overnight. Or perhaps you know different?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Shezza -

Bazza is expressing his frustration because you haven't been able to upload a sample clip yet. THAT is the real piece of information members need to be able to help resolve the issue.

You said you'd attempted that before but it went AWOL. Did you follow the steps posted above?

Seriously, a sample clip tested by other members would help narrow the cause of the problem - and lead to a solution!

Cheers - Tony
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Please follow the instructions you've been given and allow sufficient upload time for large files before:
1. Closing the upload page
2. Closing down your PC.
Forum Moderator
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Will try again when I get home from work...Thanks
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Lets try again....#1 clip is Original #2 clip is Produced How do I upload the Burnt to DVD clip to show the poor quality.
 Filename
#1.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
Original clip
 Filesize
87131 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
197 time(s)
 Filename
#2.m2ts
[Disk]
 Description
Produced Clip
 Filesize
87131 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I came in a little late and I am now downloading the clip. I have a 12mb/sec download speed and it is taking more than 15-20 minutes to download the files. If you just really don't care if you get an answer or not, then what you are doing is fine but will drive a lot of people away Who will tell you to contact Support.

Please explain you comment on burnt to DVD.

How much video in time are you trying to get on a DVD.
Are you working in standard definition or high definition? Your camcorder is high definition (1080?) but if you are burning to a standard DVD, the video is converted to standard (720 by 480 or PAL equivalent)
If high definition, do you have a blu-ray burner and player?
Remember that your computer monitor is high definition so it will look much better than anything burned to a standard definition disc

Are you taking that into account?

If you produced a video in Power Director and if you select to bun to a disc are you selecting to burn at the same quality or changing the burn options?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 22. 2012 16:41

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
After considerable time, I was able to download those 2 files. I used three different programs to try to identify differences in the codec, frame rate, etc.

They are identical

If they look different to you, it is because you are looking at a preview.

Now, answer the questions (above) about burning to a disc. Blu-ray or AVCHD for high definition and a standard DVD for standard definition. Do you have a blu-ray player that will play AVCHD discs? You can try that since you can make a AVCHD disc using a standard burner and a standard disc; it must be played on a blu-ray player.

BTW, you video device is crap. Update the drivers for it from Intel. Go there and it will detect and suggest new drivers. If you intend to do any high definition work and if you have a desk top, but a decent card. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
A 5 to 10 second clip specifically was asked for, to keep file sizes down, you uploaded two 28 second clips at 85mb each!
Well, at least we have them, I'll check in later when I have more time, but right now they both look the same to me, just the rolling-shutter issue from the camera-pan. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
[Post New]
Shezza -

I only downloaded the original clip from your camera - #1.mts

That particular clip suffers from the moiré effect that occurs when the are lots of close lines & repeated patterns in what you're filming... in your case, the bricks & tiles. It's an effect that (visually) generates its own motion.

When you pan across scenes like that, the effect is magnified!

Your clip (#1.mts) displayed that effect in Splash Pro & PD's media library & timeline (with preview set to Full HD). I produced a video using the almost identical format & profile. Comparison MediaInfo reports are attached. The produced clip showed the same issue, as you'd expect. Playing side by side, it's hard to tell them apart.

As Barry the Crab said, burning to DVD will result in a loss of quality for a start. When you have a video clip that already has issues (moiré), burning to DVD with its much lower resolution & bitrate will magnify the problem significantly.

Based on that, I can't see that PD is doing anything wrong with your original clip. It's just working with what it has.

Cheers - Tony

[Thumb - MediaInfo #1 & Produced.png]
 Filename
MediaInfo #1 & Produced.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
167 time(s)

shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony, I am pleased with the produced clip, so I suppose the next question is, given the details I have supplied about my pc what upgrade would you suggest so that I can view the timeline in HD without it skipping or going into green screen? And finally what equipment would I need to be able to burn the finished film to HD dvd.
I have noticed that when I burn to AVCHD burning only ever gets to 99% and never displays burning complete,and I have to close down the pc to stop the program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 23. 2012 07:24

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi shezza -

For comparison's sake, I produced your clip to MPEG-2 DVD HQ (720x576 @ 8MBps) and, using masking, made a video to show the differences... an illustration of what Barry talked about here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23679.page#127960

It's unlisted & here http://youtu.be/moFK5iZD6BU

Hardware: when I put your original #1.mts in the timeline, it stuttered on playback with preview screen set to Full HD & HD. My hardware is CPU - i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 8GB RAM, GPU - Nvidia GTX 260, 1GB.

My PC isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but (by comparison) yours would be less able in editing HD video. CPU - i7 2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 8GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics, 64MB. It's the graphics card that makes the real difference. Your CPU would have better performance than mine http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-2670QM+%40+2.20GHz

I'm no expert on hardware upgrades & will leave such advice to the more technically astute members of the forum.

Cheers - Tony