Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
URGENT. Poor Quality After PD.
shezza1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2012 15:43 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all, I have just downloaded some clips from my new Panasonic HDC-SD900EB-K and when I view them in Media Viewer they are pin sharp BUT as soon as they have been into PD10 they are rubbish. Where there were straight lines they have broken up,when burnt to a disc it skips along! any ideas? Please don't suggest another PD upgrade I am sick of chasing Cyberlink for quality that never seems to work!
I would add that when I had a standard def camera I accepted the fair quality from PD 7(I think it was?)
But things should have moved on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 18. 2012 07:53

babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Shezza1
It would help if you provide a sample clip for the members to reproduce,analyze the problem you are facing.

Have you updated quick time to the latest version PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply, how do I update quick time to PD also how would I get a clip to you?
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Quicktime link
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

I have attached the screen shot
[Thumb - screenshot.png]
 Filename
screenshot.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
224 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
194 time(s)
PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi I have downloaded quick time with no improvement
Could you please give me an idiots guide to sending you a before and after clip
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: when I view them in Media Viewer they are pin sharp BUT as soon as they have been into PD10 they are rubbish.

What exactly do you mean when you say "they have been in PD10"? Do you mean that they degrade when you place them on the timeline?

If you mean 'When you place them on the timeline', you may have to set your preview resolution to a higher setting. See attached screen shot to find where to change the setting.

One thing to keep in mind. Power Director does not make any changes to the original video files unless you produce them to the same location and name. When you import the files to PD10 you actually only give PD10 a pointer to where the files are located.

To test the actual output quality, produce the files to a profile as close to the original as you can. Then view the produced file in a good media viewer.

Hal
[Thumb - preview.png]
 Filename
preview.png
[Disk]
 Description
Where to change preview resolution
 Filesize
289 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
199 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
JoeVideo
Newbie Location: Los Angeles, California, USA Joined: Nov 27, 2011 16:08 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Sezza1
I believe HalCon is right on..with the issue of viewing the video clip while it is in the time line...If your video clip is in your PD10 library..click on it directly and play it...should play like the original..

My preview of the video clips in the time line are not a good resolution..but, in the library, when I click on them and open them up, they are crisp..as the original

regards
Joe O JoeVideo
H Envy 17.3" Notebook Touchsmart M7-J020dx
4th generation Intel (R) i7 4700MQ @2.4GHz
1TBl HD Toshiba MQ1ABD100
DVD optical Drive, RAM 8
gb
Display Adapter Intel (R) HD graphics 4600
64bit operation system, Windows 8.1
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi all, thanks for your replies, I shall endevour to explain a little better.
When I download the clips to my computer and view them on media player they are pin sharp.
When I open them into PD before and after they are in the time line the clips are very poor. I know about the time line thing.Sometime I also get a green screen.
When I produce the final film the result is poor and also when burnt to dvd its poor.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Shezza1,
A high-definition video will not burn in high-def to a DVD, so do NOT expect it to look as good as the original. A DVD is a standard definition media tool. The exception is burning a special format on the DVD to play in a Blueray player, but I do not think that is what you are doing.
"When I open them into PD before and after they are in the time line the clips are very poor."
This is confusing/unclear. When in the library of PD, do they play sharp? When placed in the timeline do they play sharp? You say you know you can adjust the quality of the timeline preview, so I'll not explain, other than the timeline preview is a resource pig and the clearer you choose to adjust the preview, the more your computer will struggle. The quality of the preview level has NO effect on the final outcome of the video.
Now then, you've edited a video, maybe added a title, a little music, the file format you choose to create from your project is very important, some are hi-def, others very small, some are interlaced, some not. If you don't create/produce a file, and just burn from the project timeline directly to a DVD, you have quality levels in the DVD, too! You can place 60 minutes of top-quality STANDARD DEFINITION (720x480) on a 4.7GB single-layer DVD. If you have more than 60 minutes, you can adjust the quality of the DVD-burn to fit the video, but quality ls lessened.
Please follow this link and provide us with Part A and Part B.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Please make Part B an attachment or the post will be 6 miles long!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 19. 2012 06:56

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Double-post, not sure how THAT happened!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 19. 2012 06:57

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Shezza -

Really - the best thing to do is what Bab suggested earlier... upload a sample clip straight from your camera.

Turn it on - point it at something - press record - 5-10 seconds later press stop - transfer to your PC - add as an attachment. The members can test it!

Also - how about screenshots of how it looks in (a) media player & (b) PD preview screen.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks will sort out the attachments when I get home from work.
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right here we go I have just spent five hours trying to get a decent video but all all I get is very poor results.
Just to clarify when I put a clip into the library and view in windows media the clips are perfect.
When I put the clips into the timeline and view in media viewer the screen goes green unless I drop the quality then I get the picture playing but as I said in poor quality. Surely if Cyberlink were to stop their pop up advertising there may not be so much problems.Anyway that's another matter
The clips from my camera are avchd but when I use the avchd to render it goes as far as 99% and then stays there and I have to power down the computer. These things happen on both my laptop and desk top computer both brand new. I have attached the files.
 Filename
DxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
452 time(s)
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have just burnt a clip to my disc drive and the clip is perfect, so the problem is when its put into PD
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Peter -

Still no sample clip attached.

Your Samsung laptop (with its onboard graphics - 64MB dedicated memory) might not be doing you any favours with your editing. That's probably why you're getting green screen in preview.

So - what you're saying is that the display in preview when the clip is in the timeline is poor. Is that right?

Cheers - Tony
babindia
[Post New]
I concur with ynotfish. I would have [i][b]atlleast[b][i] 512 MB of dedicated graphics memory and 4 GB of RAM to address this issue.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 20. 2012 02:18

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti

shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thats right but its also poor when its produced and burnt and then played on a dvd player to TV screen
These problems also happen on my desc top pc I will send attachments from that as well.
I would also like to send a before clip and after clip but I have I been given a link how to do that?
As you can probably tell I am not that up on Pc's but I do know poor resolution when I see it
shezza1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Right I may be making progress. When I produce the clips in SVRT3 and then play this on Windows Media Player it is perfect BUT if I want to burn to disc from PD or straight from pc the quality is really poor.
So.. Where do I go from here to get better disc quality?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Shezza,
we are still waiting for a clip.
And...What format did you produce to, and what size/quality?
Remember, HD video from your camera is down-sized when burnt to a DVD, using the normal DVD process.
To finish...no clip yet!!! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Shezza -

From some of your posts, it seems like you're mixing up the language a bit. Sometimes it's hard to understand exactly what you're describing. Members will be able to assist better if you can show the problem clearly.

You said: I would also like to send a before clip and after clip but I have I been given a link how to do that?
Do you mean you're not sure how to post a video clip?

► Record a short clip ► transfer it to your PC ► add it as an attachment

You said: When I produce the clips in SVRT3 and then play this on Windows Media Player it is perfect
As Barry suggested, please post the exact format & resolution you chose. e.g. H.264 AVC 1920x1080/24p

Cheers - Tony