Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
picture freeze after fade transition
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have got the problem that the scene after the "fade" transition a split second freezes.
I am using m2ts files to make my movie, and I am using the "Cross"behavior for the transitions.
It is very disturbing that the movie is not running on in the way I like it after the transition.
Has anyone a solution for this problem.

I am using win7 64 on a Intel i72600 with 8 GB memory.

Thanks for the help PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Panasonic SD900 video camera
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
Hi:

Have you installed the latest update, 1703 (http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html)?

It solved a similar problem to me...
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bolda,

Thanks for the reply,

but I am using PD with the 1703 update, so that cannot solve my problem.

PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
bolda
Member Location: Liberec, Czech Republic Joined: Feb 02, 2011 15:10 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]
One other thing that occurs to me is to make sure you try to have the output rendered using only the CPU as opposed to SVRT or GPU rendition.

If the source files are 50 or 60 progressive frames per second, you could also try to convert them to an interlaced format outside PowerDirector...
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

I am using PD rendering only using the cpu, and without all the other hardware decoding.
I have noticed that if I use the hardware acceleration the picture is not as clear as it shoot be.
And I can convert all the file to an interlaced format, but then I don't have the sharp picture, and that is why I bought my Panasonic sd 900 videocamera.
Anyway, I have tried it, and it did not solve the problem of the freeze after the transition.

(Sorry for my poor english, but Dutch is my native language, but I hope you understand what I am writing) PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
bolda
[Post New]
No language barrier! By the way, I'm Czech and I have the same kind of camera as you, with built-in memory though: TM900.

My impression is that PowerDirector still has problems producing from high definition 50/60 progressive fps to (virtually) the same format, maybe only from certain cameras. The last patch really improved this feature a lot as I got a lot of frozen clips in the output before the 1703 update. It's probably not perfect yet.

In other words, I'm afraid it's very likely that you'll have to wait for another update or new version and just find a compromise workaround until then. However, I am not any authority to have the final word. Perhaps someone will have a real solution...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 04. 2012 06:07

Theshadowsback [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 10:36 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Klavertje

I had this problem too.

This thread may help. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/23153.page

Good luck

Robert

PS I wish I spoke Dutch as well as you speak English
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
First off all, thanks for all the help.

Bolda,

I just think that you are right, and we have to wait for an update or a newer version of PD.
The Panasonic camera's output is a problem for PD, but not only for PD, I have tried Magix video deluxe 18 and that is absolute horror to work with.

Fine Camera by the way, an absolute high end camera with very sharp en good picture for the demanding amateur.

I remove the fade transitions, and because I have finally finished my project of a movie about Jordanë with a duration of 90 minutes, I leave it that way (With music, text and so on) - It was a lot of work and I don't have the time to do it all over.

Theshadowsback,

I make from my project a BluRay with H264 1920x1080 50i.
I have tried in the past other settings, but that give me no satisfying result when I view the movie on my plasma screen.
If I turn SVRT on the picture is not as sharp as the original, a little blurry, so I have that always turned off.
I takes more time, but that's no problem because I let Pd do the rendering when I am sleeping.

I have read your thread, but I did not find a solution for your and my problem, or I missed something.
How are you're setting now, and how is the result with the freeze after an transition?
Please let me know, and thanks for the compliment for my poor english.

PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi again, Klavertje

The thing that helped most, but I am not claiming a total cure to my problem yet, was: In [b]preferences > editing. I set transition behaviour to "cross" This action seemed to help.

Robert
[Post New]
Quote:
If I turn SVRT on the picture is not as sharp as the original, a little blurry, so I have that always turned off.

Strange ... and unexpected

In theory the best quality we'll achieve if we avoid rendering at all. ( I am not going to mention here a name of the applications).

SVRT (as I understand) render only part of material, BUT more adds (music, commentary, transitions etc.) make harder to keep rendering process as short as possible.
Without SVRT you render ALL material, so quality of your production may be only WORSE than original movie.

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Bankroot.

Maybe strange but true.
If I set Hardware acceleration ON....bad quality picture, a little blurry.
If Hardware acceleration is OFF the picture is very good.
And hardware video encoding also OFF.
I have tested all the different settings, and Hardware acceleration and encoding OFF gives the best result
I am using 1900 x 1080 50p m2ts files from the Panasonic SD900

Theshadowsback

My transition setting is "Cross".
You are right, if I use the other setting it is worse.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Your freeze may be from a setting in Preferences.

See the attachment.

[Thumb - Preferences_Editing_note.png]
 Filename
Preferences_Editing_note.png
[Disk]
 Description
Turn off automatic freezing.
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
338 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Carl 312,

Thanks for thinking with and for me, to solve my problem (and a problem for others),
but it didn't do the trick. The "split second" freeze after the fade transition still remains.

[Post New]
As for transition problem:

let try keyframe option for neighbour clips (change an opacity on the borders - to 20% for cross fade simulation)

As for quality:

let try to render about 1 minut "clear clips" without any transitions, music, commentary an something like this.
Look if you'll have the same result (worse quality with SVRT)
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi bankroot

I have tried also the keyframe option in my project for longer fade in/fade out, and that works perfect.
I don't replace the fade transition into the keyframe option in my present project, because that will be a lot of work, my 90 minutes movie is finished with music and so on, so that is for the next projects the solution for nice and smootly fade in/out.
(Or PD11 will give me the solution)

When I started with PD I had have made a short clip without music. text etc.
And I have tested all the outputs and settings.
And the conclusion was, and is, that when I am using the Panasonic sd900 1900x1080 50p files, the best way to burn them on an BluRay (or AVCHD or DVD) is without any Hardware decoding .
I have a perfect quality picture when I played the movie on my 60 inch plasma TV

I run Pd on a PC with Win7 64, Intel i7 2600, 8 gb memory and a Nvidia GTX560 PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
I notice you render using 50i

I make from my project a BluRay with H264 1920x1080 50i

But shoot 50p

I am using 1900 x 1080 50p m2ts files from the Panasonic SD900

What happens if you render using a 50p setting?
Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Theshadowsback,

I've checked again and again, and in PD 10 build 1703 I have three options:

1920x1080 50i, 1920x1080 50I/24 Mbps and 1920x1080 24p

No 50p option.

If I make a movie with 24p the picture is not smootly and it "jitters"
Also 50i/24 Mbps is no option

Or am I overlooking something?
[Post New]
Quote:
No 50p option.

I have never heard about 50p (like 60p). Are they exist at all ?
Maybe you thought about 25p ?

By the way, your CPU can use Quich Sync technology. It gives the best quality in comparison to CPU/GPU rendering.
Did you try use it (I do not know if your motherboard is compatibile with this feature).
As for PD11: do not count on it: I had the same problem (fade transition) in PD9, in PD8 everything was OK
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
I not sure what will happen if you try AVC 1920x1080 50p (28mbps). Worth a try? It's the last one on the profile list and you need to scroll down

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 04. 2012 12:26

Klavertje [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi bankroot,

60 p is used in the USA for example, 50 p in Europe.
50p will be the european standard for many TV-stations (Pal)
and in the USA they use NTSC = 60p
SO Pal = 50p, NTSC = 60p (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame_rate)

In PD9 there was an option for 50p (and 50I), but Cyberlink has that changed in PD10 (No option more for 50p)
In PD9 there was in quality no difference between 50p or 50i...I have tested that.

I go looking for the Quich Sync technology (Quick). Thanks for the tip. PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives