Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not TS compatible
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Onya rollem -

Sometimes, the codecs for PC media players are internal... i.e. accessed only by that software. WMP & VLC both install internal codecs. So - the video might play in WMP, but still not play in PD.

If it's a codec issue, the best thing to do is install the appropriate codecs... in this case, Haali Media Splitter &/or DVBPortal HDTV Pump Filter.

To me, that's a better option than conversion especially if those TS files are going to be used in PD regularly.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 10:36 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Now I have seen that the device used is for viewing HD TV, I am convinced that if Booth is UK based, the problem concerns HD recordings. In the case of the BBC they encrypt the HD version of their broadcast. This allows the program to be recorded on the viewing box only once, and it cannot be copied to any other device - However with SD it is possible.

Forgive me if I am on the wrong wavelength

Robert
rollem [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Land Down Under Joined: May 31, 2012 09:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Onya rollem -

Sometimes, the codecs for PC media players are internal... i.e. accessed only by that software. WMP & VLC both install internal codecs. So - the video might play in WMP, but still not play in PD.
Cheers - Tony

agree,mate ... i was mainly working on the " kiss " process, and thought that by running the ts file in WMP that would help to be sure that the ts file itself hasn't lost it's integrity, also would be good to know that the codecs for WMP are ok ...

as u mentioned ,the vlc wud also be a gud test of the basic codecs ...

if these basics are ok ,then roll up the sleeves for more digging for a solution
Booth753 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2012 13:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The TS files (Transport stream) : windows madiaplayer can play the ts files. Even from an encrypted bouquet meaning that the ts files are not anymore encrypted.
this means that the x-trend saves the ts without encrytion, not sure how the et-9000 solves that. All the ts files are from a encrypted provider and after transfering the ts to my computer, then mediaplayer can plat those.

Converting the ts to mpeg and cyberlink powerdirector could use it but as with any conversion, converting digital formats is not always a goodd idea although, there are many container formats.

Powerdirector10 still seems to have problems with HD 1080i and sure 1080p. SD is fine.