Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not TS compatible
Booth753 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 31, 2012 13:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Opening TS files grabs the audio track, not the video.

The ts file can be played but oh no, not powerdirector 10.
Powerdirector 9 could play the ts files , both audio as video.

I wonder, does cyberlink know what they are doing or not?
I only work with TS so this app is useless.

Windows7 64 bit up to date
6GB ram
Intel I950 processor 4x3Ghz
Asus Xonar Essence STX audio

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Booth -

Are you using a trial version or the full box & dice? The trial version has some (silly) restriction: "H.264 encode only on Windows 7 OS or specifc hardware"

PD10 is fine with MTS & MT2S files (AVCHD) - I use them every day.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2012 10:36 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
Tony is absolutely right. I used the trial version and it wouldn't handle TS files. Then when you purchase the full version you have to download the necessary.

Rest assured Cyberlink knows exactly what it is doing

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2012 07:47

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Rest assured Cyberlink know exactly what they are doing

Uh.................... that's a bold statement. Not entirely accurate, but bold nonetheless .... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Bubba
"CL knows what they are doing.. PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Since we're being pedantic, let's ALL learn to do it correctly... & I realise this is nothing to do with the topic of the thread.

Despite the fact that the word "CyberLink" is used in these forum pages repeatedly followed by a verb in the plural form - the word is singular.

The word "CyberLink" (referring to a company, CyberLink Corp) is singular & should always (not sometimes - always) be used with a verb in singular form.

Incorrect: CyberLink are looking into the problem.
Correct: CyberLink is looking into the problem.

Similarly, CyberLink Tech Support is a single entity & should, therefore, be accompanied by the singular form of the verb.

Incorrect: CyberLink Tech Support have looked into the problem.
Correct: CyberLink Tech Support has looked into the problem.

I've seen countless people reprimanded in these forums for misusing the language. Having verbs NOT agreeing with the subject is misuse of the language.

It's no skin off my nose if people continue to be wrong... so long as they don't chastise others.

Go on - give me a one-star. You know you want to.

Cheers - Tony
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Pffft - (tea sprayed over my computer screen) - great post Tony and oh so grammatically correct Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, Bab for your support.

And Tony, I think you had better go and lay down

Robert
Booth753 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use the registered version.

And funny, power director 9 could play the TS video.
But when I selected trimming, the trom pop-up was not able to show the TS video.

Powerdirector 10 could not play the TS video, just the TS audio.
Trim function shows also the audio track since no video is loaded.

The TS file is not HD, so just the old SD format.
The TS contains the video and all audio tracks.
Eh the ts file? no, powerdirector 10 has problems with all my ts files.

Btw, why keep on bashing Cyberlink instead of staying On-Topic with some good tips.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 01. 2012 06:51

Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote!!!! Btw, why keep on bashing Cyberlink instead of staying On-Topic with some good tips

So sorry Booth. I thought you started this: Quote: I wonder, does cyberlink know what they are doing or not?
ynotfish
[Post New]
My apologies Robert. I helped take it off course too.

Booth -

Obviously, yours isn't an issue with trial version limitations.

Is it possible to upload a short unedited sample clip for members to test? What is the source of the video clip?

Cheers - Tony

rollem [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Land Down Under Joined: May 31, 2012 09:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
@Booth ....
well i just imported a TS FOLDER and PD10 ( full Ultra version ) handled it ok ...

also checked a dloaded movie .avi ... ok no probs ...

have u tried other video formats ,such as avi , mpg ?
Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Booth, are you using the "Ultra" or "deluxe" version.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/compare_en_GB.html.

There are some differences that may be causing your problem
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Tony....

I stand CORRECTED.... Actually every time I do stand, I stand corrected.... I have orthopedics.......... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Booth753 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The TS files are from an Xtrend ET-9000

Rollem : ok, I will try to convert the ts to another format

Short piece of the TS?
How, if powerdirector can not show the video
ynotfish
[Post New]
Can we please clarify what we're talking about with TS files?

[Are we talking about Transport Stream files, like .mts & .m2ts or video files from a VIDEO_TS folder (DVD)?] Delete this question!

Ah - XTrend - Satellite receiver... this http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/how_to_play_ts_files.cfm would indicate the need for particular filters/codecs to enable video editing software, like PD, to decode/encode.

Booth - do you have the codecs mentioned installed on your PC?

Cheers - Tony

Bubba - sorry for coming off like a dried up old school maam. 35 years of teaching is hard to shake off. My point was more about pots calling kettles black than it was about agreement of verbs.

Theshadowsback [Avatar]
[Post New]
Are you sure that you not trying to import High Definition TV program files, which in the case of the BBC are encrypted and therefore can not be copied?
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
Format Factory (free) will convert TS to any other format you want... Only thing I use now. __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link
rollem [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Land Down Under Joined: May 31, 2012 09:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
@ Booth : u can also check that the ts and codecs are ok by playing it in W7 Media Player ....

if u have troubles converting ts then just search around with Google until you u find a short video or demo avi or mpg , or maybe dload one thru Youtube ...

edit ... typo error ( 10 thumbs )

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 01. 2012 21:14

ynotfish
[Post New]
Onya rollem -

Sometimes, the codecs for PC media players are internal... i.e. accessed only by that software. WMP & VLC both install internal codecs. So - the video might play in WMP, but still not play in PD.

If it's a codec issue, the best thing to do is install the appropriate codecs... in this case, Haali Media Splitter &/or DVBPortal HDTV Pump Filter.

To me, that's a better option than conversion especially if those TS files are going to be used in PD regularly.

Cheers - Tony