Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot remove empty track
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
@ Adrian,
You're welcome!
In fact, I've never used custom names for the tracks, therefore my primary "playing with numbers" - but probably working with more complex projects than I do can make it necessary.

@ EXR.
It seems that you came across a principle of PD by chance, but as soon as you remove an empty track from position "2", it becomes removeable again. - Luckily!

Michael.
RobertCarpenter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2019 16:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I found a solution. The solution is this. When you add a new track in between #1 and #2, that means you select add tracks and under the position you select "above track 2." A new track 2 will be added and the original #2 will shift down to #3. We all know this. When you need to remove this new #2 track, you cannot do it by simply right click and select "remove empty track." What i did was, i right click and select "move to" and then moved it to the most bottom track. From there, i'm able to "remove empty track."

This almost did the trick for me. I had track 1, 2, & 3. I synchronized the audio and PD created tracks 4, 5, & 6. I removed content from tracks 1, 2, & 3 and removed empty tracks - thus removing track 3, leaving tracks 1 & 2 (as mentioned above). I was able to move track 2 to the end of the pile and was also able to remove that track. But I am left with an empty track 1 that I can't remove and the "Move Track Content to..." is grayed out. I am stuck with an empty track 1. I will "Add Timeline Marker" for each of two tracks so I don't loose syncronization of the audio, move the content to a lower numbered track, then I should be able to remove my highest number track.

Thanks for the help
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure why having an empty track is a problem. PD doesn't care, and if it's Track 1, you can simply scroll the timeline scroll bar down one row to hide it.

If you really want to get rid of an empty track, make sure the project is saved then click anywhere on the timeline and type Ctrl+A to select all timeline objects, then Ctrl+C to copy everything to the clipboard. Next go to File | New Workspace and paste the entire project on the new timeline. Everything will be there and the content will start on Track 1.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Cranston, I'm aware that any extra track that has been added, can be removed. And it can be removed by simply just right click and select "remove empty track." I done that and it can be removed. Not sure what happen, this time i can't. I have a total of track #1,#2,#3 and #4. During the production, i wanted to add one more track in between #1 and #2. And as you said, now #2 has become #3. And i have a new #2 track. So now #2 track i don't need anymore and there are nothing on #2 track. And i can't remove it by using right click and select "remove empty track."

I found a solution. The solution is this. When you add a new track in between #1 and #2, that means you select add tracks and under the position you select "above track 2." A new track 2 will be added and the original #2 will shift down to #3. We all know this. When you need to remove this new #2 track, you cannot do it by simply right click and select "remove empty track." What i did was, i right click and select "move to" and then moved it to the most bottom track. From there, i'm able to "remove empty track."

I have the EXACT same problem in PD 365 and the above solution to move the track(s) to the bottom and then remove selected, works perfectly! No more wasted space in my projects. Thanks!!! (even 10 years later, same problem, same solution.....wow...)