Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Having trouble with PD10 importing a VOB file and splitting
Videogalnc [Avatar]
Newbie Location: North Carolina Joined: Nov 29, 2011 19:01 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I have a client that wants me to rip video from dvd and edit out some footage before putting back on dvd. So I've been trying to do a test run. I have tried importing directly from DVD drive while in PD and that didn't work. I also converted VOB to mpg2 file then imported into PD. Seems it gets bogged down....I'm not able to easily slide thru the video without it getting hung up and waiting 30-60 seconds before you can split and move the slider again. It also crashes on me many times. What am I doing wrong?
I'm trying to get this figured out before tomorrow morning when my client comes with her disc. A little help please?

Barb Barb

HP h8-1080t i7CPU 950@3.07 GHZ
10GB Ram, Nvidia Geforce-550Ti
1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
How long and what is the file size? Is the the largest file you have tried using in PD?

Sounds like you computer is having a hard time with the sheer volume of the file. I normally do not have any problem with vob files... the one shown in the pic is 1.4 gig..... from a commercial video....

May be time to attach your Dxdiag so we can see it.... here part B

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page

[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
23 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1511 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 13. 2012 14:48

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
Copy DVD (files, VOB) to the HD, then add the. VOB to PD10, the timeline avoid dragging the slider, go jumping or play fast to get to the cutting position.
Adjust the preview for Hight or Normal.
this will not solve, but it should help until they appear better solution
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
If you are trying to preview in high def.... try it at a lower rez...

That is a common complaint in here... still a computer issue.... not PD...

[Thumb - Clipboard02.jpg]
 Filename
Clipboard02.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
16 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1513 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2012 18:22

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I never use vobs, EVER.
Before using a vob, I convert to anything other than a vob.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Barb: I will echo what Bubba has said. I just worked last week on a .VOB file and had no problems whatsoever with PD10. It sounds to me like your computer is struggling. A dxdiag file will help us to determine if your computer is up to the task you are assigning to it. Video editing is very, VERY resource-intensive.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The dxdiag file is important to diagnose what MIGHT be an issue, mostly, but not limited to hardware.
I stand by my VOB work-flow, however, as in the past, I have had VOBs where I cut out a part of the file but still hear the audio from it whilst playing a totally different part of the same VOB. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
WOW! You guys are great to respond to my SOS. I've been busy with a shoot this w/e so couldn't respond til now. As it turned out, my client postponed our edit session (and I was ever so glad). I never did get the VOB to work right but can't imagine not having enough computer power. What is a dxdiag file? I'll have to put that on my list of things I have to learn about this program.

Barb Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
Bubba in TX
[Post New]
Part B
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link
Videogalnc [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was having issues with importing VOB files into PD10 (previous post) and was advised to submit a DXDIG. I finally got that done in a zipped file. Following the newbie instructions, I also tried to Do Part C (PD uninstall/re-install with the CCLCleaner Tools but my browser restricted the site and when I said to allow and yes, run active an error message comes back "failed to redirect". I've put the VOB problem on the back burner right now so I can start learning how to edit this wedding I just shot.....Hopefully, upload will help with future issues I come across in the days ahead. Please advise if I'm not doing this right

Tks
Barb
 Filename
PrestwoodVideogalDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
DXDIAG Zip Folder
 Filesize
14 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
405 time(s)
Barb

1.5 T & 500GB HD
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Power Director 10 Deluxe
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Barb: The only issue that I see from your dxdiag file is that your video driver is a bit old. You should go to the nvidia site and download the latest video driver. Otherwise, your computer should be able to handle PD10 with grace.

If you have Hardware Acceleration turned on, try turning it off. Also, you should have the latest QuickTime installed - PD10 relies on it.

Hope this helps a little. Have a great day, Barb.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor
Videogalnc [Avatar]