Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power DVD 12 spawns a Rouge Process
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tbessie2,
suggest you contact our technical support - the support does not monitor this forum

greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
tbessie2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2011 01:52 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi tbessie2,
suggest you contact our technical support - the support does not monitor this forum

greetings
Michael

Given prior reports on the unresponsiveness/unhelpfulness of Cyberlink support, I don't have much hope, but I'll contact them. Thanks much.

- Tim
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tim,
the reason why forwarding you to the support is to get a trackable request for this item.
Only if it is in our system we can start internal dicussion if it makes sense to wok on it (based on the number of users complaining).

I can already confirm that we work on some improvements regarding Library and DLNA - whereas it would be too early to go into detail.

greetings and thanks for your understanding
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Phillip [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2010 18:51 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
To help cut down on your general stress it would be best to keep it all simple. Only do a full powerdvd install. Once you don any upgrade you just broke you own install and that is when the hell starts. And yes it will take top control of your but you will be fine if you don't brake your full install. Hope this helps.
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: To help cut down on your general stress it would be best to keep it all simple. Only do a full powerdvd install. Once you don any upgrade you just broke you own install and that is when the hell starts. And yes it will take top control of your but you will be fine if you don't brake your full install. Hope this helps.

Well me, I did I full install, so that's not the problem. :

- Tim
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
If you rename/delete the other running proccesses that PowerDVD start when you play a movie (they are in the powerdvd folder), the media server prompt will disappear. I think I wrote a better guide in one of the other threads, but the basic principle is that just powerdvd and powerdvd12 needs to be running for it to work. The other processes should all be called something along the lines of pdvd or powerdvd.
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: If you rename/delete the other running proccesses that PowerDVD start when you play a movie (they are in the powerdvd folder), the media server prompt will disappear. I think I wrote a better guide in one of the other threads, but the basic principle is that just powerdvd and powerdvd12 needs to be running for it to work. The other processes should all be called something along the lines of pdvd or powerdvd.

I pretty much disabled everything but PowerDVD12; no other processes are started up. I will take another look and report back, but I believe I got them all.

- Tim
peterpondus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2012 02:34 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
They get started by the powerdvd process. You need to check taskmanager for the filenames. Then go into the correct place in the file system and rename/delete those files. That will remove the media error prompt. The refresh rate prompt still needs to be fixed by cyberlink, but fortunately that doesn't appear every time I insert a movie.
tbessie2 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: They get started by the powerdvd process. You need to check taskmanager for the filenames. Then go into the correct place in the file system and rename/delete those files. That will remove the media error prompt. The refresh rate prompt still needs to be fixed by cyberlink, but fortunately that doesn't appear every time I insert a movie.

Thanks for the tips! Much appreciated!

- Tim
MKANET [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2008 13:26 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Are there any cyberlink-related services or processes (besides PowerDVD12Agent.exe) that I can remove without getting that error message when starting the application?

I seem to get that error message even if I disable DNLA server and to collected media.

I only use PowerDVD 12 for 2D/3D Bluray Movies only.
[Post New]
Quote:
Note: If you do the same thing that I did in Services.msc, then you will receive the following message every single time you start PowerDVD 12:

All I have do to is either press Esc, press Enter, click Yes, or click the little 'x', and then I'm good to go. I prefer pressing Esc or Enter because it's faster than using the mouse.

Remember: all I use PowerDVD 12 for is DVD playback, and it is not affected by making these changes!

I have this problem too, but I didn't anything like configuring services and stuff, just used the settings of PDVD12.
So I ask people here: what to do to stop this annoying warning? TIA.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 05. 2012 14:20

[Post New]
I switched to Corel WinDVD 11, and I don't miss all the nonsense and irritations of PowerDVD one bit.

I recommend that everyone else do the same (if you can).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2012 02:52

[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Note: If you do the same thing that I did in Services.msc, then you will receive the following message every single time you start PowerDVD 12:

All I have do to is either press Esc, press Enter, click Yes, or click the little 'x', and then I'm good to go. I prefer pressing Esc or Enter because it's faster than using the mouse.

Remember: all I use PowerDVD 12 for is DVD playback, and it is not affected by making these changes!

I have this problem too, but I didn't anything like configuring services and stuff, just used the settings of PDVD12.
So I ask people here: what to do to stop this annoying warning? TIA.

Hi,
do you use some kind of Firewall or Parental control Software on your Machine?
We have seen similar symptoms on platform using strict Parental Control SW

Michael
[Post New]
Quote:
Hi,
do you use some kind of Firewall or Parental control Software on your Machine?
We have seen similar symptoms on platform using strict Parental Control SW

Michael

No, only the Windows 7 firewall with its default settings and Microsoft Security Essentials–and no parental control software.
Richard2 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 19, 2010 12:16 Messages: 73 Offline
[Post New]
Peterpondus had the answer a few posts back. Not sure why you are getting the error without having disabled anything. Firewall maybe? If you do as he suggests it should work. Worked for me anyway. After PDVD is running you can see the EXE files it starts. Right click and open file location and rename two of the EXE files. You should end up here: “C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD12”

For me it was “PowerDVD12Agent.exe” and “PowerDVD12ML.exe” witch I renamed to “PowerDVD12Agent.exeStopMediaServerError” and “PowerDVD12ML.exeStopMediaServerError”

No more popup.

Never mind, while it gets rid of the popup I can no longer play a movie. The select movie source in the lower left is blank.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 24. 2012 18:45