Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 installation InstallShield Wizard error
puma99dk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2011 03:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
i am getting the error below when i try to install the newest version of PowerDVD12.

i have also reinstalled my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x86 today and after i accidentally used "system restore" i wanted to make a "system point" instead i started getting this error how can i fix this?

i got no problem installing PowerDVD 11.0.2408.53
[Thumb - InstallShield.Wizard.jpg]
 Filename
InstallShield.Wizard.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
17 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1713 time(s)
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
well i solved the problem, i just went to C:\Program Files\ and found the folder named InstallShield Installation Information and renamed it to InstallShield Installation Information.old and the PowerDVD12 installation just installed, no error no nuth just installed ^^
amjadm94 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2012 05:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Well this is quite interesting that you have to reinstall your Windows to fix this problem but the problem was something else anyways its good to know that you have resolved the issue.
puma99dk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Well this is quite interesting that you have to reinstall your Windows to fix this problem but the problem was something else anyways its good to know that you have resolved the issue.

no i had other problems, that's why i reinstalled and by accident ran system restore this happed but i fixed it.
EricBigEWilde [Avatar]
Newbie Location: US Joined: Feb 26, 2012 14:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with the 7z.exe error. I cannot get powerdvd 12 to finish the install. I am not able to find the location of the installshield installation information in program files or anywhere else for that matter. I just spent a bunch of money on this program and would appreciate any help to get it installed. I am running Windows 7 Professional.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please contact the technical support team about your issue.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AlanSilberlight [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New York Joined: Mar 23, 2009 22:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have been having the same problem--cannot install PowerDVD12. Same error message--7z.exe file is missing, So far, tech support had me update video driver--no success
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please check the uninstaller:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page#114431

it may help to solve the 7zip issue

please let me know your support case ID

br

Werde Facebook Fan
AlanSilberlight [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Michael,
I thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it very much. I ran the file that you told me to and PowerDVD 12 did install with no problems.

Just to mention--my original installation file, the one downloaded when I purchased the program, had a file size of 115,787. When I contacted tech support, they had me download another installation file. The size of this file is 116,292. I used the 2nd file to install the program after running the registry cleaner.
The names of the files are as follows:

CyberLink_PowerDVD12_Ultra_DVD110722-02
PowerDVD12_Ultra_1421_DVD120118-03.exe

Unfortunately, I now have another problem. The player will not play blu-ray discs. The error message says the following:

"This content is only available on a digital output. Ensure your display device uses a DVI, HDMI or DisplayPort connector. (Code = 0121) Run the BD Advisor tool for more information.

I ran the BD Advisor tool and it said that it failed because of Video Connection Type: Analog. I coonected an HDMI cable from the computer to the monitor but that did not help. The only thing that I could see was the desktop wallpaper, nothing else.

Is there anything else that I can do?

Again, thank you very much for your help.
Alan Silberlight
[Post New]
Hi,

pleae check tis thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21448.page

and provide more info or contact our technical support.

HDCP is mandatory you may also reduce the resolution to 1080p

br

Werde Facebook Fan
AlanSilberlight [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you again, Michael. I discovered that I do have Display Port connections on my tower and monitor. (Dell) Also, a Display Port to Display Port cable was included with the computer when I bought it two years ago.

As far as the problem re: only the wallpaper displayed--I changed a monitor setting and that cured that problem.

Two things--

1. When you recommended reducing the resolution to 1080p, I assume you were referring to the monitor. There is no 1080p setting on the monitor. Is this a setting on PowerDVD.

2. The registry cleaner that you had me download-that was the answer and eliminated the 7z.exe problem. I am wondering why Cyberlink's tech support did not know about this. Thankfully, you did and you were able to help me.

My thanks to you again.
Alan
[Post New]
Hi Alan,

please let me know the ID of your Case at our support, I want to check it to improve our support quality.

br

Werde Facebook Fan
AlanSilberlight [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

The 3 support IDs are as follows:

CS001126938

CS001127047

CS001128211

Also, when you recommended reducing the resolution to 1080p, I assume you were referring to the monitor. There is no 1080p setting on the monitor. Is this a setting on PowerDVD?

Thanks again.
Alan
ladydeth [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2012 21:38 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I got this same error when trying to upgrade 12 standard to ultra
I tried renaming the install shield folder as explained here, by user puma99dk|:
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160458

"well i got the problem solved, i simple went to C:\Program Files\ and find the folder called InstallShield Installation Information and renamed it to InstallShield Installation Information.old and than run the PowerDVD12 installation again and it just installed it no errors no nuth just installed it, so i just saved myself a reinstall ^^ "

To simplify, rename your C://Program Files (x86 for 64b)/Installshield Installation Information to C://Program Files (x86 for 64b)/Installshield Installation Information.old.

Install works great after it forces the windows installer to upgrade.

Thank you to puma!
Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2012 09:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the problem with the error message: Required installation files is missing (7z.exe). I'm trying to reinstall P2G 8 platinum on win7, 32bit computer. Worked fine once but had to go to restore and now it won't load though the Version 6 which I need as the 8 is an upgrade works fine. Also I downloaded the trial of P2G 9 and that installed and works fine. I wrote back in June but never heard though I saved the screen shot of the acknowledgement, so I wrote again today. I really hate the thought of doing a total recovery. I only have Installshield not the InstallShield Installation Information and I tried to rename that .old but it didn't help.