Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3d project burning error while writing on blu ray!
ELINA [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 15:04 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
HI, everyone!

I wish i could finally say that i don't have any problems anymore and moved on to the next project already, but, unfortunately not! After i successfully burned my project and checked it on my 3D TV and it happen to be not really 3D, but just the menu was. I went back and made sure all my video clips were set up to 3D format, which normally the program detects it automatically, but i still did! And tried to burn it again, left overnight, came back in the morning and see it stuck at 22% again.....My frustration was limitless!!! i dont know what else to do!!!! HHHeeeeelllllpppppp!!!!!!!

P.S. Oh, and Jim, i tried to do what you told me: modify, 3d adjust, etc. but this is a little bit different thing, i think, i'm trying to make it a 3D BD format, which is better than red/cyan and side by side, this is full screen, full picture 3D movie. And when i went to modify, it didn't even give me that option to choose. I'm sorry, i might be wrong, but does that make any sense???? But thank you very much for trying to help me!!!! Like i said i would try anything anyone suggests to make it work, i'm determined!!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 10. 2012 14:13

Thank you,

Elina

PD 10 Ultra, Computer: HP Pavillion Elite HPE, AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 925 Processor 2.80 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Camera: HDR TD-10
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Elina,
When you select your 'timeline' video files, then modify and from the 'LighbulbArrow' enable 3D you should have the choice as to what format to use sid/Side, or red cyan? choose side by side for best results. Now when you goto to Create Disc module you have to choose the ' 3D disc tab' then choose best quality, and on the format choice choose "again side by side' choice.
Jim
p.s. There is a lot of choices in 3D production and you can burn to folder or straight to disk, but the disk choice for 3D may have to be BD disks as if you choose regular DVD's I beleive only Cyan/red is used (i could be wrong) Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ELINA [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI!

Thank you, Jim! I tried to choose side by side right from the beginning and burned it on BD disk, but when i play it on TV its still side by side, the whole screen is divided in two, which is not what i want. So when i go to 3D tab, and choose the best quality, on the format choice it gives me side by side and 3D BD formats only(and the 3D BD format is what i want). And i do use BD disk for project tries, but it is RW, so i'm not wasting a BD disk every time i'm trying to burn a project! So, i'm still confused! Thank you,

Elina

PD 10 Ultra, Computer: HP Pavillion Elite HPE, AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 925 Processor 2.80 Ghz, 8GB RAM, Windows 7, 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Elina,
Well I have run out of suggestions, as I don't have a 3D TV or monitor. I have done some small experiments that is all, sorry.
I am not sure on this 3D concept yet using the 3D campatable TV's it seems there is no standardization..since you are using rW Blu ray disk keep experimenting till you find the right one...use smaller projects to keep production time dwon till you find the right one.
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
ELINA [Avatar]
[Post New]
HI, Jim!

Thank you very much for trying to help me!! i really appreciate it!! And if i ever figure out what the problem was, i sure will post it and, hopefully, that will save other people time. ))) Thank you,

Elina

kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: HI!

Thank you, Jim! I tried to choose side by side right from the beginning and burned it on BD disk, but when i play it on TV its still side by side, the whole screen is divided in two, which is not what i want. So when i go to 3D tab, and choose the best quality, on the format choice it gives me side by side and 3D BD formats only(and the 3D BD format is what i want). And i do use BD disk for project tries, but it is RW, so i'm not wasting a BD disk every time i'm trying to burn a project! So, i'm still confused!

I downloaded your video clip, and inserted it in PD10. It was detected as a 3D video,( it also told me it was NTSC and my system is PAL) so no selection of the type of 3D was required. I then went straight to Create 3D disc and burned it to a BD-RE, as a 3D-BD. It burned perfectly and I then put it in my Sony 3DTV and it played..nearly perfectly and I suspect it was because it had been converted from NTSC to PAL, but it was in full screen 3D, not side by side.

So the question is,,,why do you need to select the 3D format when it should be automatically detected, and maybe this is upsetting it. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
GTX 680, 2 X Benq23 3D monitors,
6G DDR3, Win 7 64, Win 10 (Insider) 64
PCIE SSD, Intel Sata SSD 2 500 Gbyte Seagate,
Minoru 3D WebCam, NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready
ELINA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi!

@kingsmeadow. Have you tried to add a 3d menu from the template and then burning it??? Because I just edited a new 3d project about an hour long and chose a 3d menu from the templates that came with the program and it stopped at 22% again while authoring. Then I took the same project and selected No menu and it went thru successfully, played on my 3d tv, awesome quality!!! So, in really thinking my whole problem is all these menus!!! I could be wrong, but that what it seems like!! Thank you,

Elina

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
It's been awhile since I ran a test, but I seem to recall having to "force" my TV into side-by-side mode. The manufacturer (Panasonic) had previously told me that a lot of 3D footage doesn't have the format information necessary for automatic detection. That's certainly true for everything I've gotten from my cable company.

It might be that PD10 doesn't put that information in burnt disks either, or only does so with certain formats.

Just a thought... Jerry Schwartz
kingsmeadow
Senior Member Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Dec 06, 2011 11:52 Messages: 179 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: It's been awhile since I ran a test, but I seem to recall having to "force" my TV into side-by-side mode. The manufacturer (Panasonic) had previously told me that a lot of 3D footage doesn't have the format information necessary for automatic detection. That's certainly true for everything I've gotten from my cable company.

It might be that PD10 doesn't put that information in burnt disks either, or only does so with certain formats.

Just a thought...

You are correct in your thoughts. 3DTVs can only auto detect 3D if it's MVC encoded. If it's any other format, side by side or over and under, then the user needs to tell the TV what format and then the TV will fuse the two images together, otherwise the two images are displayed either side by side or over and under. PD10 produces MVC encoding when one selects 3D BluRay, 3D-BD. This is MVC encoded 3D and the TV will automatically detect and play. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote: Hi!

@kingsmeadow. Have you tried to add a 3d menu from the template and then burning it??? Because I just edited a new 3d project about an hour long and chose a 3d menu from the templates that came with the program and it stopped at 22% again while authoring. Then I took the same project and selected No menu and it went thru successfully, played on my 3d tv, awesome quality!!! So, in really thinking my whole problem is all these menus!!! I could be wrong, but that what it seems like!!

I just added a 3D menu which I downloaded from DZ, it was the first one on the 3D list. Inserted it in your 3D clip and it rendered and played perfectly ! Which 3D menu did you choose ? I will try the same one. Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,
ELINA [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:

@kingsmeadow. Have you tried to add a 3d menu from the template and then burning it??? Because I just edited a new 3d project about an hour long and chose a 3d menu from the templates that came with the program and it stopped at 22% again while authoring. Then I took the same project and selected No menu and it went thru successfully, played on my 3d tv, awesome quality!!! So, in really thinking my whole problem is all these menus!!! I could be wrong, but that what it seems like!!

I just added a 3D menu which I downloaded from DZ, it was the first one on the 3D list. Inserted it in your 3D clip and it rendered and played perfectly ! Which 3D menu did you choose ? I will try the same one.

Hi!

Well, the ones i tried were the Template 1(with like a monopoly game) and Template 3 (like a broadway sign).

Also, i just took my second project that i've been trying to make and put Template 7 (Children's theme) and it went thru perfectly, just checked it on my 3d tv and everything is perfect, the menu is full screen awesome 3d and the actual movie as well this time! So, now, i guess i just have to take my first project and keep trying menus and find the one that will work for it and wont stop at 22%.
I also thought may be my project is too long (about 73 min), but then when i look at the disk availability, which in my case is 25gb, its only half way full. And, there is an option of 50 gb disk in the drop down box, so, that means the movie could be 2 and 3 hours long, or even 2 or 3 projects in one disk under one menu. Thats why the thoguht that the problem is that the movie is too long is out of the question then. So, im really thinking its has something to do with the menus. I just don't know why! Thank you,

Elina

kingsmeadow
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Hi!

Well, the ones i tried were the Template 1(with like a monopoly game) and Template 3 (like a broadway sign).

!

I tried several, including those and sometimes 2 !, without any problems, don't have the answer, but it does seem that some folk just have problems when adding menus...mystery Intel Core i7 3770K 3.6 Ghz,