Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Ultra Build 2408.53 Lagging Blu-ray playback
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff R 1.

can you please post what happens when the "jerky" issue happens:

- CPU load
- running processes
- any Antivirus or scheduled tasks taking over?

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Jeff R 1 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 09, 2010 14:05 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the answer, I am still trying to figure that out, no time to watch anything until Friday.
It's not Anti_Virus though as there is none installed, I disabled Windows Defender and Firewall too.

It has been suggested on another thread to disable NAS process ?? Here are his instructions :

I've seen network monitor apps for things like multiple drive data syncing that run in 20 minute intervals interrupting data throughput. They could be disabled directly from the NAS control panel rather than in Windows on the local system.

Before further hunting I'd do a simple test to confirm/deny it's network related. Move a copy of the rip to the local hard drive, physically unplug the test system from the network, and see if the 20 minute crazy persists.

And another members explanation of what NAS stands for :

NAS stands for Network Attached Storage and is a device that host hard disks that you can access remotely using standard Ethernet network (Qnap is an example of such a brand amongst others)

Back to Google, I think it may have something to do with my secondary hard drive _ maybe...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 11. 2012 12:10

jkosharek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2011 10:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am running PowerDVD 11 Ultra Build 2408.53 and consistently see the sluggish/choppy video and audio. It only happens in cinema mode and for me has never happened in classis mode. I am playing Blu-ray rips on windows 7 media centers(64bit and 32bit versions) (Intel Core i5-2500k, 8GB RAM, 120 GB SSD) from a Window Server 2008 r2 (Intel Core i7-2600k, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD, 16TB raid5 storage) across an enterprise grade gigabit network. Also happens when the file are on the local SSD and it’s even worse when played from the original Blu-ray disc. CPU load is about 5%

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 12. 2012 13:09

Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jkosharek,

please post your DXDIAG log file (32Bit Version) here.

Did you try to change the BD "Aero" option (available in the 2ft UI settings)?

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
PJay [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 09, 2009 13:53 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Don't waste you time. I was using v10 but v11 gets so buggy and laggy.
They won't fix anything at all. That's why I left it, also poor CPU playback quality.
Now I just use Power2Go 8.

Really poor support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2012 11:46

[Post New]
Hi P.J.

your statement is not correct. We would need to reproduce the issue first and then we can investigate to find whats wrong.

my guess is that this is an platform related issue because we can not see it so far.

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
PJay [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 09, 2009 13:53 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
Platform, drivers... believe or not, the problem is your software!
The problem is making money and it's not only CyberLink.
I spent a lot of my time with ticket-support to explain the way to fix a small problem.
But I knew later that I was talking with... Those solutions are dead.

Let's fix your problems or you'll lose your customers.
We're here to help the team but seems useless.

Anyway, I can report most of the problems if you really want to fix them.
Let me say more more time that I like CyberLink and that's why I said them.
For example, Power2Go 8 works very fast, lightweight but PowerDVD 11.
You have good partners, so keep it #1
jkosharek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2011 10:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Here is my DirectX log from a media center that exhibits the problem. I see the lagging playback wither the option to disable aero is enabled or disabled. Current setting is set to allow PowerDVD to disable Aero.
Is there any difference in the codecs used in the media center interface vs. the full application when playing blu-ray? I have only seen it while using the media center interface.

What do the CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Monitor Service and CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Service do?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
376 time(s)