Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating A Rotating Image Cube
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

The addition of the “3D Like Text Template" to PD10 (and it’s associated options), adds some new possibilities beyond merely using this template for text.
So, I thought I’d share a little tip, for what it’s worth, with those of you who may not have already discovered the extra potential and possibilities, built into the “3D Like Text Template”.

A short video demo/tutorial, can be seen here…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDToL23h3c

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2015 07:58

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Bernd1948 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jul 10, 2008 10:18 Messages: 3930 Offline
[Post New]
Gruß Bernd
Technical support:
DE:
https://de.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Cranston,

That is one I will be using for sure.

As usual, a great job by the PDtoots team.

Hal
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Hi C,

broadening and widening possibilities; that's you!

"What can the software do for me?"
You ask: "What can I do with the software at hand?"

Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I'll betcha that the designers never even THOUGHT of that possibility! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Great tip thanks!

Can only get it to work with the default set of images at the moment; my textures come out grey when played though display correctly in the edit box?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 21. 2011 16:30

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Rick7 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Very cool! Thanks!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the kind replies guys and gal! Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
[Post New]
Even the TROLL says it is cool. Thanks Cranston!!
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
Very nice, but I have a question. In your tutorial you set the font size to like 127 or something fairly large.
Why is it that font size in my program only shows up to 72. What am I missing? Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: In your tutorial you set the font size to like 127 or something fairly large.
Why is it that font size in my program only shows up to 72. What am I missing?

Hi tcb,

You have to physically type and enter a higher value/size in the Font Size box and hit enter on your keyboard.
(Thanks to Bubba for that tip)

But I've found that the highest number (or max size), that one can enter in PD10's Font Size box, changes and depends on the particular (Square) font you choose to use. And I also noticed that on my 64bit laptop, the max size I could enter, was 127. But using the exact same (Square) font with PD10 on my 32bit desktop, the max size I could enter, was now 140. Don't know why.

Also, I made my own set of Square, Rectangular, and Circle fonts, that are natively slightly larger than the Webdings ones. So being at slightly larger native size, that may also effect the available max size that they can be set to in PD10.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 26. 2012 00:49

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
FRED!!!!!! Where did you get the picture of my sister?????? WOW.......

I am running 64bit also, but some of my wingding fonts I can set at 140 and others only 127....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 21. 2011 20:21

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Bubba will be here all week... HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks very much Cranston. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to make the font larger than 72. Very good tutorial.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2011 04:49

Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Can only get it to work with the default set of images at the moment; my textures come out grey when played though display correctly in the edit box?

Hi Ed -

I found the same thing initially, when using the "Add Texture" button Cranston used in his toot. Though it displayed correctly in Title Designer, it showed up as a grey scale cube in the timeline.

I thought it may have been the size of the imported image...

BUT later when I re-opened PD the second cube displayed correctly.

Another option is to prepare the .jpg file (I make mine 512x512 only because the default images are that size), rename them & drop them into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector10\Titles\Texture

I'm still investigating the possible causes of the grey scale display issue. I've since applied various sized images & PD just crops them if they're too elongated... making me rethink my original idea.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony;

Thanks for your input; experimenting with your ideas, randomly it would appear by repeating the procedure with a save in between seems to produce results; certainly managed to use two images tried last night; they are now successful!

Will keep experimenting

:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 22. 2011 15:53

Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: I've since applied various sized images & PD just crops them if they're too elongated...

That's why I made a series of square and rectangle (landscape and prortrait) font's, to better accomodate various sized and shaped images/pictures.

Cranston
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

One thing I noticed is that this tool likes it when you have a plan, hahaha.

If one starts changing his mind and textures, an animation properties, then 3D Like Text room gets tired or something. And at some point, it just simply quits responding to the changes made, and I wind up with just a white/gray cube.

I then just close and start over, follow my plan an only make my adjustments and choose and image once, and it all works fine again.
It's only when I start to try and change a bunch of different things, that the 3D Like Text room starts to glitch on me.