Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Creating A Rotating Image Cube
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ed,

One thing I noticed is that this tool likes it when you have a plan, hahaha.

If one starts changing his mind and textures, an animation properties, then 3D Like Text room gets tired or something. And at some point, it just simply quits responding to the changes made, and I wind up with just a white/gray cube.

I then just close and start over, follow my plan an only make my adjustments and choose and image once, and it all works fine again.
It's only when I start to try and change a bunch of different things, that the 3D Like Text room starts to glitch on me.

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
MattTrain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2012 01:41 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hello all,
Does anyone know if you can use a tactic like this to put multiple images on a single rotating cube?
Thank you!
Matt
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Matt -

While there may be a way to do that - applying multiple images - it couldn't be done using the 3D rotating cube method in the tutorial. PD applies a single texture to the cube faces.

Using other software, it could be done (not that I've tried it!). If you discover how to do it, could you let us know?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
The baby face hides many secrets ! Well done Cranston

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2012 04:57

PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

MattTrain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 30, 2012 01:41 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
a belated thank you for taking the time to respond to that question. I appreciated the input!
[Post New]
Cubo, Here's the text ready to customize
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/7202425
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

A part 2 addition to the tutorial mentioned in the first post of this thread, is now available here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W150H-WXEE0

[Post New]
Show, very good

Show, very good
Michael8511
Contributor Location: U.S.A. Indiana Joined: Jan 14, 2012 16:12 Messages: 374 Offline
[Post New]
I played with part 2 Saturday. I did get a little of the red overlay in one cube. I went on a group ride Sunday and started editing the video yesterday and have used in on a few still pictures I took. Here I did Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG2vW0GE3zo&list=UUzDcl9HECTxu2mNPgXJUfeA&index=1&feature=plcp

Thanks PDtoots. Intel i7 5960X overclock to 4 Ghz 16 GB of ram.
GoPro 4
Canon VIXIA HF G10
Canon EOS Rebel T3
Canon EOS 70D
My Vimeo Channel http://vimeo.com/user3339631/videos
Cranston
[Post New]
Thanks playsound.

Looks good Michael. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Cooper44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2013 18:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
I've watched all the tutorials and I can't seem to find the 'Extrusion' tab. I'm in Title Designer but I don't get the Extrusion/Transparency screen. Help!
Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: I'm in Title Designer but I don't get the Extrusion/Transparency screen.

Hi Cooper44,

Are you using P10, or another version?
Are you sure you’ve chosen the “3D Like” templates section in Title Designer?
The “Extrusion” option is only available in the “3D Like” section.

_________________________________________________________________________________
[Thumb - Extr004.png]
 Filename
Extr004.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
511 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2013 00:36

Cooper44 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2013 18:19 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your help. There were 2 Default 3D titles I could choose from and I was picking the wrong one Thanks again, it works now and I have my 3D cube. This forum is awesome! Karen
Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you. . . it works now and I have my 3D cube.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2013 06:07

nalab1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 10, 2013 13:40 Messages: 54 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

Will this work in PD12?

Regards,

Alan Dell XPS One 2720 Core i7 4790S, 16GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2GB DDR5
2TB Hard Disk
Windows 10
PowerDirector 15 ultimate
Cranston
[Post New]
Quote: Will this work in PD12?

Yes it will.

_____________________________________________________________________________ Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips