Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
video is watermarked during capture
Cookie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2007 16:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
how come when i import a video it has the format of the video and www.p**********ing.com in text over the video? how can i get rid of this?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 30. 2007 11:24

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
It's called a watermark. My guess is you're importing a video someone else has made as a demo/sample. The video has been watermarked to prevent you copying or using others work without payment.

Watermarking is a method ALL video editors should use on their own work.

Robert has written up how to watermark in PD6 with a transferable (to later versions) a Title. http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/1945.page

Dafydd
Cookie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2007 16:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
thanks, but what im not understanding is its my own video straight from my SD card...any help?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
What is the source (camera) of the video? This is a rhetorical question.

Have you checked with your camera supplier that they have removed any image or pre-stalled programmed instruction? Do so.

Your problem is not related to PowerDirector software.

Best of luck.

Dafydd
Deshpak [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2007 00:25 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know if you found a solution to the watermark problem yet but I had the same issue with video that I captured on an ATC2000 action camera. The camera used a compression codec that was somehow removed from my computer so any files that ended up in that codec wound up with the watermark on them.

There is a simple fix but I don't recall the detailed steps. What I did was googled the url that is appearing in the watermark with the words "remove watermark" This brought up a bunch of sites that had solutions. In my case I ended up going to the site shown in the watermark and in the support section of their website I was able to find the steps to fix the problem. Deshpak (a.k.a Thundercat98 on Livevideo)