Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[TIP] Creating Watermark Title Templates
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Post 1 of 4

Customized Watermarks are easily located and saved for use in PD6 and later versions. By default customized Titles are located in My Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\6.0\MyTitles.
Placing watermarks on your video, tells others that you made it and who you are.

My thanks go to Dafydd, without whose help, making this would not have been possible

STEP 1

Create an image (picture or text) which can have a transparent background, in your image editor and save as a .png file

STEP2

1. Open Power Director
2. Click on Title icon
3. Select default title and drag to time-line
4.Open in Title Designer
5.Click on image import icon
6. Select your image which must be a *.png file
IMPORTANT- remember where your image is located
7. Place image in the Title Designer
Note position of sliders
8. Click the save icon and name the title
Note position of slider
9. Click green tick
10. Close Power Director

Filename
TitleTemplate1.gif
[Disk]
 Description
PD6 Title Designer
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
62 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2007 07:55

Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Post 2 of 4

STEP3

Open My Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\6.0\MyTitles

1. Select the last saved Custom Title folder, which is Title_0** where ** represents numbers.
2. Change the name of the folder to your name, ie. the name you want the folder to have.
3. Open folder
4. Right click on Title Template XML Document and open with Notepad (untick always open with)
5. Change Type ="CUSTOM" to Type ="PRESET"
6. If you want to create a special folder to keep your new templates, enter a name between the " " of CATEGORY=
7. Save file and exit Notepad

Filename
TitleTemplate2.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Title Template XML
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Post 3 of 4

STEP 4

1. Right click on Title Template CLT file and open with Notepad (untick always open with)
2. Click on Edit, then Find and enter .png
It is very important that you change the address to the image, this ensures that all the information is located in the same place.
3. No matter what Filename is shown, CHANGE to Filename=".\****.png
(where **** is the exact name of your image
4. Save file and exit Notepad
 Filename
TitleTemplate3.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Title Template CLT
 Filesize
69 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
32 time(s)

PDtoots
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Post 4 of 4

Open My Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\6.0\MyTitles

Open your new folder
Locate your .png image and drag it into the folder
Exit My Documents

Open Power Director 6
Click on the Title icon, your new title will appear together with the other Cyberlink titles.
If you created your own folder name for your new titles, this will also appear if you click on the down arrow of the box above the templates
 Filename
TitleTemplate4.gif
[Disk]
 Description
PD6 Title Room
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2007 05:02

PDtoots
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Super write up, excellent.

Your write up of what to do to create a permanent Watermark with all information contained within one enclosed folder should be read by ALL PowerDirector users.

I thoroughly enjoyed our Skype conversations as we spotted a few things that needed tweaking.

Robert, I look forward to the video with your logo in it - since this is how it all started

For those who want to have a giggle and see the logo I created.... it was easy peasy http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/55/oooooooooo-/

Remember to become a member of SeeMyWorldOnVideo and the EXTRAS for editors available free - we add more each week.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 18. 2007 05:14

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert,

Which shall we have a go at next... PiP Objects, DVD Menu's or the Slideshows seeing as we've done the Titles and they're easy peasy stuff for us now?

I think the next lot should be added to the SeeMyWorldOnVideo.com Extras' page for members to download, as they'll have to be made and then installed directly into PD6.

Extras for Editors - visit:
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/pages/extras.html

Dafydd
[Moderator]

Violet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2009 13:24 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a Watermark. But I am having trouble. I am on Step 4. I right click on the Title Template CLT file but there is no option to "open with... notepad"

Can someone please help me?