Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Frozen scenes in PD10 file
[Post New]
I am a newbie to PD, love its features, just need help with one thing:

I have a video that was created in PD9, I got the upgrade to PD10, opened and created my video in .avi format. The .avi creates fine, but, always has a few random scenes that are frozen - I can hear the volume behind the clip, but, the image is frozen. I have tried editing/removing the frozen scenes, but, since they are random, it doesnt make a difference. When previewing the timeline or media viewer it will freeze randomly as well, even when in the low res version. PD9 worked out just fine for me, this just happened with the most recent upgrade.

What I have tried:
Creating an .mp4 instead of .avi
Turning off shadow files in case they were randomly corrupted
Disable preview during production
Downloaded and installed divx codecs
Checked/Unchecked OpenCL and hardware decoding
Turn off fast video rendering
Turn off all other processes
Rebooted, reloaded project

All these do not seem to make a difference.

Here are details of my info:
PD Version: 10.0.0.1012
Win7, 64bit, 9GB RAM
SR: VDE110926-01
Source video: .mov

Anyone have any ideas?
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
45 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
350 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag64.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
289 time(s)
AB
1newbiemoviemaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2011 16:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
posting in reply because I'm having similar problems:
1. Vista Home, Dell Inspiron 1545 Pentium Dual Core CPU T4200 2 GHz ,32 bit, 3 GB RAM
2. PD10.0.1005
3. SR# VDE-110927
4. Mp4 taken with an HD Flip Camera
5. I produced one short video without major problems, though when trying to produce in some formats it froze on a random frame while audio continued in some places, I finally succeeded on this 6 minute piece in mp4 format. Whole process of editing was difficult because while previewing the video was constantly freezing on a frame while the audio continued, or the video would be delayed and jumpy. When I produced a longer 30 minute piece using the mp4 format and SVRT most of it was ok, but one clip the video froze on the first frame of the clip while the audio played. Another section which consisted of an mp4 clip which itself was edited/produced on PD10 was very glitchy with jerkiness and audio distortion and it seemed like general reduced video quality. Is this a no-no, to import a clip from something produced in PD10 to use in another PD10 production?
6. Norton 360
7. Codecs? I don’t know how to find out and couldn’t locate ‘readme’ file
8. Flipshare and AVS4You are installed
9. Nero Kwik media (CD burning software) though I haven’t tried burning a CD yet
10. n/a
11. background? Norton 360, don’t know of others
mishka77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2011 09:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problems - frozen scenes and frozen rendering.
Produce MP4 and H264, the same problem
Win7 32 bit, 8GB RAM, i920. SSD Raid1, Norton 360
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I've had the same experience with MOV and MP4 video in h.264/avc format from the Kodak Playtouch and Kodak Zi8. 1920x1080p 30 and 1280x720p 30.

I may have 5 to 60 minutes of video to process. When I Produce to MPEG-2 (DVD HD), The video is frozen in some places on the first frame of a clip for several seconds.

If I Produce to AVC using SVRT and there are transitions between clips, the transitions are jittery.

After converting my MOV and MP4 video to AVCHD (.m2ts) and using those clips instead, the results are perfect. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.
hogbinj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2011 01:45 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Exactly the same thing, no matter what I set the MPEG4 settings to I get random freezes
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/19664.page

Likewise Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
[Post New]
Glad to hear it's not just me. Does Cyberlink even look at this forum? AB
Stew911 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Top Secret Joined: Oct 27, 2011 16:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem and I'm running an intel i5 3.3 ghz quad core, 8GB of DDR3 ram, and the Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 256 bit video card. Also I'm running Win7 64 bit OS. I submited a complaint/issue and hopefully we will get a fix to the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2011 21:20

1newbiemoviemaker [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2011 16:49 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Weird that no one seems to have any kind of answer for those of us who are having these problems. I understand that maybe my computer is under equipped, but if so, I'd like to hear it--maybe I can get my money back from the seller. I've tried disabling Norton, turning off my wireless, producing using what seem to be less intensive formats like mpeg 4 at 'standard quality' which process pretty quickly but still had random frozen scenes (freezes on first frame while audio runs in the background.
All vodi
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Aug 21, 2009 11:24 Messages: 1431 Offline
[Post New]
Be patient. PFD10 is very new so it's only a matter of time before a pattern becomes obvious. I do not have any issues with PD10 but our PC'a are not identical. Win 10, i7
Hanh [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2011 04:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've experienced frozen frames and lagging audio with a very simple video clip (basically just trimming bits off an original footage). This problem occured with both Windows XP and Windows 7.
I start to think PD10 is not for me.
Hanh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Forgot to mention that the problem of frozen frame and lagging audio occured with preview. I'm not sure if the final product will be OK. The problem is I can't finish editing the piece if the problem persists.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
HanH,
what you get for a preview is a little different than the completed file you intend to make. You can lower the quality of the preview by clicking on the boxy icon under that preview (you'll need to have at least 1 video file in the timeline for the quality controller button to work). Lowering the quality of the preview will make it easier for your computer to cope, a real-time preview is very stressful for computers.
Last, did you post a DXDIAG for us to look at? The DXDIAG is a peek inside your machine to see what kind of horsies you have to edit video. Look at the links uptop the PD10 forum page, and follow part B.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Hanh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you BarryTheCrab.
Lower the preview quality did help but the picture is so coarse that it will take me some time to get used to. I will persevere a bit longer.
H
Hanh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi BarryTheCrab,

My system:
1. Windows 7 Professional
2. Processor: Pentium (R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.7GHz, 800FSB, 2MB
3. Installed memory (RAM): 3GB (2+1 DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz Memory
4. System type: 64-bit Operating System
5. Integrated Intel (R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3100

I don't understand "Look at the links uptop the PD10 forum page, and follow part B. " Please be patient.

Reducing preview quality plus shrinking preview window helps a bit, but audio is still lagging behind. Occasionally/frequently PD10 froze on me. Perhaps my PC is too underpowered for this kind of work. Everyone told me that Mac OS is better for this. Do you have advice on PD10 on Mac?

Regards,
Hanh
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Stew911 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Top Secret Joined: Oct 27, 2011 16:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
window 7 64 bit OS
Intel i5 3.3 ghz quadcore processor
8GB DDR3 1600 ram
Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 video card

..... and I am getting frozen scenes on both the preview and production. Something is not right!!!!
davidKos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2010 12:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am a PD user, 7,8 and now 10:

like M Abbarnes...

I got the upgrade to PD10 yesterday, opened my video in MPEG2 format. The MPEG2 in DVD HQ creates fine, but if The MPEG2 in blu ray creates fine, but, always has a few random scenes that are frozen - I can hear the volume behind the clip, but, the image is frozen few second.
The time for create the blu-ray is x4 with pd10? 4h04 (1h13 with pd for 1h video in MT2S.
nota
The MPEG2 in DVD HQ creates fine, and the time is correct 0h50 (0h56 with pd for 1h video in MT2S.

Here are details of my info:
PD Version: 10.0.0.1005 SR: VDE110929-04
quad Q9300 ATI HD3800 vista 32bit, 4GB RAM
Source video: .M2TS (1440x1080) canon HF100
avast

Anyone have any ideas?
Hanh [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've got a helpful reply from Chetan of Cyberlink Tech Support (see below - after my comment). Thanks Chetan.

The problem I experienced (frozen frames, lagging audio in preview) has been solved. I did all that Chetan suggested and found his suggestion No 2 seems the most effective. Once the color depth was adjusted to 16 bit, and resolution to 1152x864 pixels (I had to adjust it by trial and error to avoid distortion on my 20" monitor), the preview improved even with 'normal preview resolution'. This gives me a very workable resolution on the preview screen (ie. enough visual details, legible text. etc). I'm happy with what I've seen so far. Let's hope this will work for you too.

Chetan's suggestions:
In regards to your issue related with CyberLink PowerDirector 10 software, I would like to inform you that in every Video editing software, when you insert a picture or a video in a set of aligned videos in the time-line, then, the new added media files always disturbs the alignment and synchronization of the video along with the audio.

Therefore, I would like to inform you that you need to make them in synchronization again by manually adjusting the video and the audio. Also, if it gets you to delete some files and insert it again, then, you have to do it.

Also, please try following the instructions given below to resolve your issue.

1. Please update your VGA card driver, sound card driver and capture card drivers. Please contact your vendor or visit the manufacturer's web-site for the updated drivers.

2. Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024*768, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

3. To avoid any compatibility issues, please close all other software and utility applications including virus scans, screen saver and instant messaging software before you launch PowerDirector.

4. Increase Virtual memory:

a. Right click on "My Computer"
b. Select Properties -> Advance
c. Click on "settings” under Performance.
d. Select "Advance"
e. Click on "change" under Virtual memory.
f. Select "Custom" and enter initial value as "512" and Max value as "1024".

5. Please click on the link below to update 'Direct X' drivers:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

6. Empty the contents of the C:\Windows\temp folder and C:\temp folder, if you have one. Then empty Recycle Bin.

Now, check and see if the program is working properly. However, if the issue persists, please provide me the following information so that I may better assist you.

1. Serial number of the PowerDirector 10 Ultra software that you are using. SR should be like "SR_No=XXXXXX_XX".

Please follow the link given below to know how to find the serial number:

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=2615

2. Your system information file (DxDiag.txt). You can use the steps that follow to create this file:

Start --> Search --> Run --> dxdiag --> Save All Information --> a DxDiag.txt file created.

3. Screenshot of the error message you are getting (if any). To take screenshot, please follow the steps given below :

a. Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard when the error appears on your screen.
b. Click on Start -> Programs-> Accessories-> Paint.
c. Paste the screen capture there by pressing Ctrl+V
d. Save the file with the extension name .jpg and then send to CyberLink Support for analysis.

4. Your system Event Logs. To generate Event Logs, please refer to the link below and follow the instructions.

How to generate Event Logs?
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/faq-content.do?id=10449

Please revert using the following reference:

>>https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/support-login.jsp<<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.

Thanks and Regards

Chetan
CyberLink Technical Support
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately this thread is mainly about "Frozen scenes in PD10 file," which has yet to be solved. Gateway DX4380, AMD A8-5500 Quad Core 3.2GHz with ATI Radeon HD 7560D; 16GB RAM; 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM; Windows 8 Pro 64-bit; PDR11, PDVD12.