Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems Authoring 3D Menus and Enabling Hardware Acceleration
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Wolfgang,
I have just used template 9* and have burnt a 3D-BD.

I see you mention reports on 9 & 10 "The authoring progress went wit that project to 77%, and then did not contiue" and "Using another 3D template, template 9, with the same result - beside the detail that it ended with 88%. "

Since the authoring process is the conversion of the media data prior to writing to disc, I wonder what you have that is causing the problem. I'll test the menu's first and see if 1012 is ok with my 3D mp4's. Then I'll go in and use your sample media (thank you for providing those) and replicate the template burns and see if I can duplicate the authoring issue..

*Template 9/10 are the default 3D menu template provided with PD10.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
So far I've had Template 10 fail twice at the Authoring stage at 92%. I'm trying a few checks to ensure my results hold.

Dafydd
relaxman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2011 03:20 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Please fix all the 3D-BD creating problems, and I (and definetly many people) will buy the soft :
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
The issue has been reported to CyberLink.

I have only found the issue with Template 10 (one of two default 3D templates in PD10) and Not with the 3D Custom Templates I made Pre 1012 and with 1012 build.

Dafydd
Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, have you used the TD10 footage that I have sent you?

I heard from Michael that you guys have been able to repro that - even here I understand that. Great. Hopefully it can be fixed. Kind regards,
Wolfgang
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Wolfgang,
I have indeed used your clips and have a Custom Template named "3DWolfgang001" in PD10 at this very moment.

Ahhh, yes Michael and I have been exchanging a few emails on the issue. Using your mts files I even noticed a so far unreported issue

I have successfully carried out the following:
Placed Wolfgang's 3 mts clips into Track 1
Replicated them twice to give a project just over 3 minutes in length
Using two mpo's recorded from Wolfgang's clips a Custom Template was created.
With the new "3DWolfgang001" Template, a 3D-BD was burnt.

Dafydd

tnw2933 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: United States Joined: Oct 15, 2011 17:11 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd,

I want to assure you that I have replicated the 3D authoring problem in PD10 even with custom menu templates that I created. I have previously reported this in this thread above in detail. As I reported above my first custom 3D menu always stopped authoring at 94%. The second custom menu I created authored and burned a 3D disk without any problems. The ONLY two differences in these two 3D menus that I created were: (1) the font style was different; (2) in the menu that failed I enabled the 3D depth button for the menu title text and for the Play button text. No other differences existed between the two created menus. Both used the same captured 3D still from my Sony HDR-TD10 footage.

I believe it is incorrect to believe there are no problem with creating 3D menus and that the only problem with authoring 3D menus lies with template 10 (the valentine 3D menu).

I understand that you have successfully authored at least two 3D menus, one of Wolfgang's TD10 clips, but I wonder if you enabled the 3D button and made any changes to the depth of text on either of the created 3D menus that you authored successfully? I believe that the problem arises from using the 3D depth slider with created menus and not with the menu style that is chosen, although I have not proved that.

Tom Mac Pro 8-Core 2.8 GHz
Windows 7 64-bit with Boot Camp
nVidia GTX285
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tom,
Darn, I forgot about the 3D Titles, though I have changed those in the Custom templates I previously created without hassle.

I'll redo a test, sorry I should have done that as well. I got sidetracked a few times

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26. 2011 12:05

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tom,
1. I have altered "Enable 3D depth" for the titles to 81%
2. Saved the new custom Template.
3. Using that template I then went to 3D burn.
4. At the Authoring stage I had a failure at 92%.

I have only carried out one test on the 3D depth issue but I carried out a number of tests previously and been in communication with Michael.

I have past the information on.

Sorry Tom, for not checking this important section earlier.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 26. 2011 12:21

tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

Please, no apologies are necessary , and I appreciate the fact that you are sticking with this and checking carefully before you report issues to Cyberlink.

I am very pleased to hear that you could reproduce the failure to complete authoring when the 3D depth slider was enabled and changes made to the depth of the tittle or button text. It is also interesting to note that you are experiencing failure of the authoring at almost the same percentage of completion as I did, i.e. 92% for your custom 3D menu with 3D depth enabled and 94% for my custom 3D menu with 3D enabled.

I can assure you that I have now found numerous instances of a failure to complete authoring of a 3D menu when the 3D depth slider is enabled. They are easily repeatedly and verifiable. I fully believe that the problem lies with something going on in the PD10 software when this 3D depth slider is changed from its default setting. I do hope that Cyberlink programmers will focus on this issue because I really do want to use PD10 for all my 3D editing and 3D disk creation needs.

Thank you.

nVidia GTX285
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tom,

The issue has been reported as an "eBug". In fact Michael was "hot on the trail" and had replicate the 3D depth before I did ... but I spotted another.

I'm sure CyberLink will deal with this matter asap.

Thank you for spotting and localising the cause... and of course posting it.

Dafydd
Wolfgang 1
[Post New]
Well, the most important point is that we can drillt the bug down to the cause - and if it is the adjustment of the 3D depth it is another learning. Fine for me. So we can hope that the next patch will cure that - what is great.

Please Dafydd, if possible at all try to ensure that we can fix the missing 720 50p template in the MVC encoder too. Would be great! Kind regards,
Wolfgang
tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd.

I truly appreciate your close attention to this problem and the fact that the problem has now been submitted to Cyberlink programmers. This is the kind of dedication in a software programming team that keeps me purchasing their applications.

I look forward to a future update to PD10 correcting this problem, and I appreciate all of your efforts and those of the programmers who work to solve the problem.

nVidia GTX285
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tom and Wolfgang,
This issue my ref 270 down as an ebug plus 272 SVRT as an ebug.

Also item 273 re mpo creation, the additional issue I spotted using Wolfgang's clips is also an ebug.

eBugs are basically issues confirmed and forwarded to R&D to resolve.

Dafydd
Wolfgang 1
[Post New]
Thank you Dafydd. Would be great that we have fixed the 3D menu issue, but also the 720 50p issue! Kind regards,
Wolfgang
tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

Many thanks for your conscientious reporting of this issue to Cyberlink. I hope to see it fixed in an update to PD10 in the near future. In the meanwhile, I am continuing to enjoy using this program for my 3D editing needs.

Tom
Mac Pro 8-Core 2.8 GHz
nVidia GTX285
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
hi Tom and Wolfgang,
I have items 270 and 273 down as being fixed in the Patch 1129a.

Wolfgang you should find item 272 the 720p 50fps SVRT issue has been fixed but I'd like that checked please.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 07. 2011 09:12

tnw2933 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd,

This is very good news indeed. I'll download and install the patch today and let you know if it solves the 3D menu authoring problems that I reported. It is very good to see that Cyberlink listens to its customers and works to address issues with their software.

And thank you for passing along the problems to Cyberlink.

nVidia GTX285