Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Strange picture distortion - Star Wars blu ray
dmast123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2011 14:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I uninstalled the security update and downloaded the latest PDVD11 update, and still have problems. The picture breaks up periodically, sometimes right away, sometimes later in the playing of the movie. I have only tried it on Star Wars Blu Rays at this point. I have a Windows 7, Intel i5 2500k unlocked running at 3.3 ghz per core. I have an nvidea gtx 460 video card. 4 gB of ram as well. Should be enough player I would think.
II M0Z II [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:49 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Only just got around to testing this, works fine at my end all problems resolved as far as I can tell.

Thank you for listening and for the fix cyberlink. Intel Q8400 Quad-core CPU
ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
4 GB Corsair Ram
Samsung HD103SJ Blu Ray drive
Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard
Windows 7 64 Bit
HDMI connection to Samsung 42” HD Flat Panel
dmast123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2011 14:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Just to confirm, despite others finding that PDVD11 is playing STAR WARS BluRay perfectly, now, mine is indeed not. Perhaps to clarify, I am running my system at 23.976 frame rate, which in theory means that I am passing the native 1080p24 signal directly to my projector. I have not tried it at 30 hz framerates because I want to avoid the 3:2 pulldown negative effects.

My failure modes include random pixeling, random juddering, and at times the judder starts to repeat every 3-4 seconds instead of being random, and does not correct itself.

This seems like a sure PDVD11 problem given that out of desperation, I implemented the free Home Cinema HD player and bought the BluRay Pass Key that unlocks the hideous BluRay HDCP, and it plays perfectly at 23.976 hz. No judder, no pixeling, no instability whatsoever.

For what its worth.....
Legolas13 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bucharest Joined: Mar 19, 2012 05:26 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone ! I am also having this issue but with Warner Bros titles !

STAR WARS And X-Men First CLass work like a charm, but the Batman Anthology, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight have the issue. I tried Green Lantern, but it does not have this issue. The Batman blu-rays, however, have it and it's BIG.

http://attachments.techguy.org/attachments/199528d1319751375/p2223_27-10-11.jpg

Observe at 0:45 and 1:25

I have a AMD Phenom II 2 550 @ 3,10 Ghz
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 x64 (I need RAM for my job)
ASUS BR-04B2T BD Player
2x BenQ G2420HDB displays @ 1920x1080
NVidia Geforce 9600 GT 512 MB GDDR3
PowerDVD 11

I tried updating the BD player firmware, tried playing discs in another software except PowerDVD, tried chaging the SATA connections, tried cleaning the discs, updating graphics drivers, disabled Aero before playback, NOTHING WORKS.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 19. 2012 05:34

DeKorsey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2006 20:42 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
That's the copy protection kicking in. From what I understand the video is encoded on the disc that way, and there are supposed to be reference files the player looks at to descramble the video once all the requirements are met. Thing is sometimes those reference files get corrupted. Some people have reported using a third party program fixing this problem, circumventing the copy protection and reconstructing the reference files. I haven't tried this option yet, since it seems to be apparent on only one movie combo set, so I'll just not buy combo sets from now on. Why PowerDVD can't resolve this on it's own is beyond me. If it becomes a bigger problem I'll just purchase a standalone player.
Legolas13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
But why now ? The discs are original, bought from Amazon UK and the first time I played them after buying them they did not have the problem. I don't know how to go with third party stuff, don't understand very well what that means or how it works. Thank you for the feedback, hopefully someone at Cyberlink will look into it.
Legolas13 [Avatar]
[Post New]
But why now ? The discs are original, bought from Amazon UK and the first time I played them after buying them they did not have the problem. I don't know how to go with third party stuff, don't understand very well what that means or how it works. Thank you for the feedback, hopefully someone at Cyberlink will look into it.