Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Disc page freezes at 70% and needs to be shutdown
holstmedia1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2011 01:04 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
As requested

Filename
Oliver HMP DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
308 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2011 23:13

I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.
CubbyHouseFilms
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 14, 2009 04:23 Messages: 2208 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I understand your frustration.

Your subject header "PD9 is crap" really doesn't shed any light on the problems you are experiencing - can you be more specific.

In the meantime ensure graphic drivers are up to date and Quicktime is installed and the latest version - a quick look at your DxDiag shows a C drive with only 51.4 GB of space.

Is PD9 installed on this drive?

If so, uninstall etc and install on a primary drive that has at least 100GB of free space.

I'm sure one of the more tech savvy members here can offer further assistance on the set-up area
Happing editing

Best Regards

Neil
CubbyHouseFilms

My Youtube Channel
My Vimeo Channel
PD3.5, 5, 6 & 7. Computer: Dell Dimension 5150, Intel Pen. 2.80 GHz, 2GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, Windows XP Pro!!
PD8 Ultra v3022. Computer: Dell Studio 1747, Intel, i7 Q740 1.73 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 560v 1GB, Windows 7 Ult. 64
PD10 Ultra v2023. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD12 Ultra v2930. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD13 Ultim v3516. Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 8GB RAM, ATI Mob. Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
PD16 Live v2101 Computer: HP Pavilion dv7, Intel, i7 2630 2.00 GHz, 16GB RAM, ATI Mob.Radeon HD 6770 2GB, Windows 7 Pre. 64
Director Suite 6: PowerDirector 16 Live, PhotoDirector 9, ColorDirector 6, AudioDirector 8

Cameras: Sony(s) HXR-NX5P, HXR-NX70P, NEX-VG10E, a6300 4k, HDR TG5E, GoPro 4 Black, Canon 6D DSLR

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
- PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!

[Post New]
holstmedia1;
Ok is this a post to discuss a specific problem, the PD9 Program in general or just an ongoing rant (based on your other posts) about CL tech support??? I am lost!!!

1. We are NOT Cyberlink technical support. Just users and editors with experience (both bad and good). If you have an issue with Cyberlink, please open a support ticket with them.
2. Your C: drive is VERY limited on space..free up some space on this critical resource. This partition size is too small for the main OS, I suggest you need to repartition to have a larger C: partition. PD9 is not a big program so moving it to another drive will probably not free enough space.
3. Click on the word POWERDIRECTOR inside the program and tell us the build you have installed (Mine is Ultra64 9.0.0.2930
4. Explain your issue or specific question.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 09. 2011 19:43

holstmedia1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay...

Thanks for replying...

Problems:
1. Preview screen on Editing page is VERY pixelated.
2. When trying to get to the Create Disc page it gets to 70% freezes and needs to be shutdown.

The techs have been more than useless.

I have the latest patch. I have uninstalled and re-installed. I have used the recommended cleaner.

My build is the same as your Chubbyhousefilms Powerdirector ultra64 9.0.0.2930. And there is plenty of room on the PC - all programs are stored on the E drive. I have several drives.

I hate this program and it should not be this hard!

Thanks for all your input.

Oliver from HMP I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.
Nathan H [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 17, 2011 21:00 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Most people on here have probably been frustrated at some part of PD9 at some time but there are a few relatively simple things that can help relieve that frustration.

Drivers should always be up to date and as has been said your C: drive has 54Gb of free space and is only 99Gb in total size. PD9 recommends 100Gb of free space. It does not matter where you have installed PD9 it uses the C: drive to write temporary files where producing/creating discs. You can not change where the temporary files are written so getting a larger C: drive will help you.

You say the preview on the editing screen is very pixalated, what resolution do you have the preview set to? What resolution is the footage you are editing? Is there a mismatch between these two?

You can search the forums and find some recent post by me where I too was frustrated but the very kind community on this forum helped me diagnose the problem and fix it. I am sure they will do the same for you if you can be specific.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09. 2011 21:36

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Oliver,
Thank you for the attachment. I have further requests which will give us more information to work on AND to help you.

Editors here have all pointed out a deficiency in your Video Editing Computer which you need to address just by having the Diagnostic file.

Please take on board what I wrote to you (PM's yesterday).

two other important "bits of information are now required.
1. A sample from the camera (state make and model) of 5 to 10 seconds in length. Point and record anything. We're after the file. The sample I took was of a bridge, a salmon river underneath, just to be an impressive 5 seconds Yours could just as easily be a blank wall or door... please make us smile with an interesting 5 to 10 second video.
2. A screenshot of what you have in the timeline. Have a read of Part e & F, that should help you with screenshots.

Please attach both to your reply.

Select Post Reply or the link here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/reply/0/18925.page

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Topic Title is NOT acceptable and Oliver you could have used a different descriptive narrative without needing to write such as you have.

This thread's title will be edited. Do not use such language on this public forum again.

Forum Moderator
holstmedia1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
So by Dafydd request I am not loading up screen shots.

So far I have the same problem and no solutions to the problem

Again thank you all - I just desperately need a simple fix or I'll give up on this bucket of a program.

Regards,

Oliver
[Thumb - Screenshot 2 Crash.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2 Crash.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
312 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
139 time(s)
I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.
holstmedia1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Next screen shot as requested...
[Thumb - Screenshot 1.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
387 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Oliver,
Please can you just try something for me.

I'd like you to Export your project to a new location. The aim is to gather all your files into one place and then open PD and select Create Disc.
File>Export>Pack project Materials

OK, you have noted the lack of HDD space on C drive comment haven't you?

I look forward to the sample files, please.

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, I've thought out a few things which may isolate the cause. I am really concerned about the HDD space.

I would like you to use File > Save project as and then save at least 4 pds files. make sure you label them clearly and retain one as an untouched fall back copy.

Right I want you to split your project into three parts.
001 = the first third
002 = the 2nd third
003 = the last third

The aim then is to test each third to send to Create Disc and to see which falls over/triggers the PD shut down process. My guess is you have a corrupt file - just a guess. If it's the lack of processing space then you might need to go to Produce and render the project first before going to Create Disc.

We're attempting to isolate the one with the issue which might be the 003.pds

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Oliver, Following our PMs I'm going to presume you have uninstall/reinstalled PD9. The only other concern I then have is if you've been using other media software which might have corrupted something.

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Drive: C:
Free Space: 51.4 GB
Total Space: 99.9 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST31000524AS ATA Device

Very plain!

You do not have enough Hard drive space on the C: drive. If you are trying to make a DVD from HD files, you just do not have enough space on the C: drive to render.

I am surprised you got to 70% with that little space.

Do something about your C: drive, replace with a larger drive or re-partition to a minimum of 200 GB for the OS and Programs.

Then see what happens after you have re-installed everything.
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Max23 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2011 16:00 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]

Drivers should always be up to date and as has been said your C: drive has 54Gb of free space and is only 99Gb in total size. PD9 recommends 100Gb of free space. It does not matter where you have installed PD9 it uses the C: drive to write temporary files where producing/creating discs. You can not change where the temporary files are written so getting a larger C: drive will help you.

Even if you install PD on a bigger drive it still uses the C Drive (I guess because of Windows) to generate the files? Is it just me or does that seem like a bug? Why would it not use the drive its installed on?
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The C drive is where PD does it's brainstorming. It's not a bug. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
holstmedia1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey,

I do not have corrupt files as I have many projects currently running and even just on opening an empty PD9 and going to Create Disc I get this error. I have also tried this with and without rendered projects - same same.

Drivers are all up to date.

Prior to intsalling PD9 I made I created a disc for my son to watch (on PD6 Create Disc), because the creating a disc on PD8 wasn't fantastic either (it has many bugs). So I know that all worked fine on my PC (bugged or otherwise) until I installed PD9. While creating discs with PD8 was difficult and was bugged at least it worked.

So here I am again or still with a worthlest, useless version of PD9 ad still no word from the tech guys.

I hear yo all talking about the C drive and it doesn't sound like an easy fix - try and remember I had this PC built especially for editing and using this bucket of a program. I would hate to invest more time, money and energy into this (C drive wise) and still have the same issue.

Crying

Oliver

[Post New]
Oliver;
EDIT- Removed a comment I made here...that I felt was unnecessary!

Here is your situation:
1. If someone built this system for you to do video editing, they did you a disservice and you should take it up with them. WINDOWS uses the C: drive to create LARGE temporary files for major processes and requires LOTS of space. They should have given you a larger partition on the C:, and they should have known that.
2. AGAIN related to the system builders, they should have given you MUCH MORE RAM. Your mother board supports up to 24GB. AGAIN, they should have addressed that for you, if they knew you were focused on doing Video Editing.
3. PD9 is MUCH different than the other versions of Powerdirector and you can not compare performance or operation to older PD programs. This 64BIT program uses memory and resources very differently.
4. Your "preview screen pixelation issue" can be corrected by adjusting the preview resolution using the button under the preview screen.
5. Your burning failure MAY be corrected by adjustments to the burning speed inside the PD9 program. Or may not disappear until you correct number 1 & 2 above.

I support PD9 users because I like to, and I like the program, so, please keep your "worthless, useless, bucket, hateful, etc." comments to yourself!! Stay focused on the issue and you won't feel obligated to retract your statements later.

Quote: I want to complain that their tech support is less than useless, but I want it to get to someone who actually CARES.

We are here BECAUSE we care. We are not Cyberlink and your opinions about their support has been previously stated here by many users. Your rants and attacks on them (in other messages you have posted here and your "signature") are counter-productive. It is not relative to finding a solution for you, so give that part of the rant a rest, if you expect continued participation by the editors here.

Please, read 1-5 above and understand that you may NOT get a fix until you resolve the issues with your hardware. After looking at your desktop (with the snapshot you posted), I see that you are using many different formats/aspects of files, music, transitions, Effects, etc. in your project. All of this contributes to the amount of space and memory needed during rendering AND Burning. You need more RAM and more HDD space.

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2011 21:09

[Post New]
Oliver has reported that the pixelation is fixed (in a PM) and that he will discuss the HDD and Memory issues with the vendor.

Oliver;
Might I suggest that you go to the first post (the one where you attached the DXDIAG file). When you click the edit button for that box (on the upper right) you should be able to change the name of the thread. Might I suggest a more fitting title like:
Create Disc page freezes at 70% and needs to be shutdown.

to allow users a better chance at understanding the reason for your thread....just a suggestion.

Let us know if the hardware changes fix the other issue. I recommend that you follow Dafydd's suggestion and split the project...to see if some specific file in the production is causing the failure

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 10. 2011 21:04