Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
MP3 Misbehaviour
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Forum -

I made a comment here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16466.page#81794 about the pattern of behaviour of MP3 files in PD9 (Build 2702), which seemed to go unnoticed.

Today, building a menu from scratch, I attempted to use an MP3 for the menu background loop. It played in Menu Preview just as previous MP3s had done... pitched dropped (a bright bubbly tune became the theme from a horror movie), distorted & demolished. The same music, played in iTunes, PowerDVD & WMP played fine... & in PD7 & 8 timelines & menus, & two other NLEs, might I add. I tried other MP3 files and there was consistent misbehaviour!

N.B. Even though the MP3s play in Media Library, volume is about 50% of the WAV version.

Yeh, yeh - I know. I converted it to .WAV & all was well. Simple enough way around it, BUT! The supported formats page clearly says that MP3 is OK http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/devices-formats_en_US.html

Have I missed something? Has this issue already been reported to CL? or is it only an issue for a few people? I can't see any pattern in the MP3 problems that have been reported except PD9 + MP3 = BAD NEWS.

Please put me out of my misery.

Cheers - Tony

Filename
PD9_MP3.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2015 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
368 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2011 14:02

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Excellent attachment Tony! Perfectly illustrates / demonstrates the issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2011 08:43

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
1Nina
Senior Contributor Location: Norway, 50km southwest of Oslo Joined: Oct 08, 2008 04:12 Messages: 1070 Offline
[Post New]
Oh yeah,
I remember well, and don't we all?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16163.page#79633

This mega-thread ended, if I recall right, in a
photo-app (russian?) conflicting ?

Don't know about the reports to CL. I didn't stay long enough in 2702 to use mp3's, too much other stuff happening. In my 2330 mp3's are playing ok where I use them, but- I havn't been using menues at all so far in PD9.
Enjoyed your attachment, Tony!
Just something.
https://www.petitpoisvideo.com
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
You know? Sometimes I really hate my computer, especially when after 15 times (including burning 15 DVD's) and creating 15 different menus each time using different mp3 files I cannot duplicate problems some have. I had no difference between the creating the menu or the rendered/burned version. And I usually have audio problems from time to time because I have the USB Creative Xfi.

I have included a screen capture of the DVD menu playing, I am still having problems getting MS Impressions configured for good play back. I have another screen capture that works a lot better, but because I have the USB sound card, it will not record sound even though it says it does.....

Filename
ScreenCapture_4-1-2011 8.07.11 AM.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4084 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
577 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 01. 2011 11:25

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link