Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector Express NE will not open
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I have passed it on.

Dafydd
C [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2008 16:34 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the help.
I have not heard back from Cyberlink but JVC sent me an updated software disk. Power Director and Power Producer, and Power DVD are working in their updated versions but Power Cinema now crashes when I try to view a video. Any Ideas?
Regards,
Chris
Sean [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2008 23:13 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the exact same problem...

After months of emails back and forth with Cyberlink... the best they can offer me is an upgrade to the "better" software for $70. Are you kidding me??? The software that came with my $900 camcorder doesn't work and I am supposed to be willing to shell out another $70 to get one that works?

If someone can provide a solution, I would be extremely grateful, other wise I have a $900 paperweight.

My problem is that I can double click the icon all day and nothing happens. It refuses to open. It should be noted that for a year or so the program worked flawlessly, just stopped working all of a sudden.

My version 3.20.0.2225
frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2008 03:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem!
Software came with camera and i installed it on USB Harddrive...all worked but powerDirector 5.
Uninstalled everything and reinstalled to C drive. Same thing..powerDirector won't open. Uninstalled, cleaned registry completely and reinstalled...not working.
Installed on other PC...works with no problem...so it's not a faulty CD.

I found one way around to open it, but it's annoying...right click any powerDirector icon and choose run as: The following user: pick your username and password and click OK.
Workes for me on windowsXP SP3.
I'd rather had it fixed though..

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 07. 2009 00:00

frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2008 03:48 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Fixed it!
I had to reinstall windows...after that...no problems to install director.
Shashi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2009 13:06 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director will not open by double-clicking on the short cut icon on the desk top.

I did what Dafydd has advised earlier in this forum word for word. But after the re-installation, it still fails to open.

The only way it does seem to work is what frank has suggested earlier here. Thank you frank for the tip.
1. Right click on the PowerDirector shortcut icon on the desktop.
2. Select Run As...
3. Select the radio button The following user
4. Fill in the user name and password. Make sure that you use the user name and password that you want to work in, because, access to files in other user's profile will be denied.

I will be glad to furnish any additoinal information to anybody who can advise me to get back to the normal way of opening the software.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2009 07:25