Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This Won't Install Correctly?
Neeko64 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2011 15:56 Messages: 31 Offline
[Post New]
Solved

This has seriously gotten to a point where I am about to accept the loss of 90 bucks.

I bought the product just recently and when I tried to open it, it started installing it like normal. Then an error popped up and said, "You must install Cyberlink Power Director 9 before you install Cyberlink Power Director 9 Context Pack". Obviously I got nothing from this message.

Any help is appreciated,

-Nick

P.S. Next time please find someone that knows how to code before you release this for 90.00.

SOLVED

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2011 08:24

Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Really?!?

BUMP?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
If you purchased via download, PowerDirector is supplied in two parts, Program and Contents. You must install the Program Pack first.

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
where is the program pack located?
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
Who did you purchase the program from, if direct from CyberLink, you would have been provided 2 links for download, one for each part, check your confirmation email

Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My confirmation email doesn't provide me with 2 links to downloads. just 3 for tutorials?
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes for a measly response.
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I shouldn't have to wait 30 minutes for a measly response.

We here on the forum are not Cyberlink support or customer service. We are simply users of the software who help other users of the software.

As was mentioned in one of the above posts, you should have downloaded two if not three files after the purchase.

One file is the program file. It will have a name similar to this '1_PowerDirector9Ultra64_VDE100917-03.exe'
One is the content pack 'CyberLink_ContentPack_VDE100318-02.exe'
And there may have been a third free download included.

In order to install the software you must install the program file first. According to your first post it seems as though you tried to install the content pack first.

If you did not get the program file you will have to contact customer support to determine what the next step will be.

Hal OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
TexasCityDave#1
Newbie Location: Southeast TX Joined: Aug 08, 2011 22:58 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Neek,

The ladies/gents on this forum are a most valuable asset to us that use Cyberlink Powerdirector. They do it on their own time. Your impatience is embarrassing to say the least. I understand your frustration, but be patient and appreciative of the folks who are willing to help.

If you are willing to work with them, I'm sure you will come out the winner. WINDOWS 7 PRO 64 BIT [SP1]
ASUS P8P67LE MB
Intel Ci7 2600K 3.40 Ghz
2X 8GB 1600Mhz Dual BL
2X EVGA GTX460 1GB SC
120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
2X 1TB WD10000 SRTL Caviar Black
PD 9 Ultra 64
LG-12X Blu-Ray
Cameras: Canon 7D, Canon HF S21
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have 3 downloads in my email that are all free tutorials...
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't see that you answered the request on who you purchased from, if you purchased through CL I'd have them get you a new download. You will need to supply purchase proof and info. CL Tech support is at https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/contact-support.jsp

Jeff

rbowser [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Aug 08, 2011 16:48 Messages: 515 Offline
[Post New]
I registered my copy of PD9 just yesterday. I received 5 download links in my confirmation email. Each was plainly labeled. Obviously, the program itself needed to be downloaded and installed first, and then the rest of the content.

If you didn't get a similar (um--or identical) email - then it doesn't sound like you acquired the program through a legit source.--

rbowser
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
this is all i have.

Additional Product Information:
CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 - The download version of CyberLink PowerDirector 9 is comprised of two separate EXE files. The first is the PowerDirector9 program file. Then after it’s finished installation, install the ContentPack file to get all the effects, templates, and menus within the program.<br>

<font color=”#CC0000”> *A comprehensive User guide, Tutorial guide and multiple video tutorials are available for free: </font><br>

<a href="http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/userguide_en_US.html" target="_blank">Download FREE User Guide (PDF, 1.97 MB, 142pages)</a><br>

<a href="http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/events/enu/2011/Q1/pdr9-book/index.jsp" target="_blank">NEW! Download Free Tutorial eBook (PDF, 41.2MB, 270 pages) </a><br>

<a href="http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/tutorial/" target="_blank">Watch FREE Video Tutorials</a>

Support Information

RECEIVING YOUR PURCHASED PRODUCTS
Downloadable products may be accessed by looking up your order. In the order summary, click on the Download link next to the product name. For physical products, you will receive a seperate email notification when your products have shipped.

GOT A QUESTION ABOUT YOUR ORDER, PAYMENT OR DELIVERY?
Find answers to frequently asked questions and our contact information here:
https://store.cyberlink.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayHelpPage&SiteID=clinkus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE

LOOKING UP YOUR ORDER
1.Go to https://store.cyberlink.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayAccountOrderListPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=clinkus.
2. After landing, input your email, password and then click on login..

SEEKING TECHNICAL SUPPORT
If you have any technical questions about your purchased products, please contact us directly here:
http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html for technical support
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
OK, so what you've posted says to install the program first, but that link isn't in your copy and paste - all the extra material is listed. There has to be a link to the program itself.

rbowser
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There isn't.
rbowser [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: There isn't.

OK, well then if there's no link in the email to the actual program itself, I can't imagine that you bought it from either Cyberlink or one of the legitimate dealers. Like I said, I bought the program just yesterday, and in the confirmation email, at the top of the list, was the most important link--to the program.

rbowser
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Who did you purchase the program from, if direct from CyberLink, you would have been provided 2 links for download, one for each part, check your confirmation email

Robert

Who did you purchase the program from? Without going any further with this thread, please provide the name/company of where you purchased PD9 from? Web address etc.

A link to visit and information to read please: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18172.page

Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I bought it from this website.
Neeko64 [Avatar]
[Post New]
it does show this but no links to this
Please note using an automated download tool (e.g., FlashGet) may result in reaching your maximum download limit due to multiple download sessions. Once the maximum download limit has been reached, you will no longer be able to download the product.

Additional Product Information:
CyberLink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64 - The download version of CyberLink PowerDirector 9 is comprised of two separate EXE files. The first is the PowerDirector9 program file. Then after it’s finished installation, install the ContentPack file to get all the effects, templates, and menus within the program.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
OK,
Please contact CyberLink technical support: http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/contact-support.jsp

You will be required to provide Proof of Purchase, the Order Number of the transaction. Your full name and email address.

Please ensure you articulate the problem clearly with all the information you have given here.

There is nothing more that can be done for you on the forum. Please contact Customer Support.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2011 10:12