Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not uploading video even though it says it has.
afinepoint4u [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2011 16:32 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Trial Version of Powerdirector9. Computer running XP Home.

I have successfully uploaded one video. The sofrware will not upload any others. I have tried three times to upload others. Each time after hours of chugging along it says it has produced and uploaded successfully. No video is uploaded. It says upload complete each time but nothing makes it to youtube. I am selecting Mpeg4 format.

Also why is the current date 9/7/2011 in this forum??

The company help areas are useless. I can not submit a question, my question is not in the FAQ and I will never pay for help especially for issues with a company's product.
KenJ [Avatar]
Newbie Location: South Carolina Joined: May 21, 2011 20:28 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Can you produce for example a WMV file then upload that to YouTube manually, outside of PowerDirector?

Dd/mm/yyyy

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2011 19:32

afinepoint4u [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll try with the WMV file. I am still curious as to why I was able to successfuly upload the first and why PD is saying videos have been uploaded when not. Could it be the trial version?

Day/month/year. Got it. Sorry shift work - working 12 hour nights.

Thanks for help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2011 21:48

KenJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Would not think the cause would be trial vs full version. It certainly should not report success when it was not, nor should it take that long. How long/big was the video that failed to upload?

Making it a 2-step process might help pinpoint if the problem is in the production or upload phase. (Or maybe provide a temporary workaround if the cause cannot be quickly identified.)

It would not have to be a wmv file. MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 would also be acceptable. Start with a short 1 min clip and if that is smooth and reliable, try it with a longer video.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2011 23:08

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Depending on your system specs I would imagine your running windows 32bit with 4Gb memry, which isn't enough to do any serious work in PD. That is my opinion only. Video editing take a lot of Memry and cpu power.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
afinepoint4u [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's the files:

First file: Original specs: 3.21GB, 1280x960, 37 min. This file was split into two projects to be able to fit the 15 min youtube requirement.

First project was slightly under 15 minutes finished and uploaded without issue. The second, made from the same file, was 12 minutes and would not upload despite the green check and PD assurances.

Second file: Original specs: 2.43 GB, 1280x960, 23 min.

This file was reduced to a 14 video which also did not upload despite PD saying so.

James, you're right the system is lacking. The CPU is a Pentium 4 2.6GHz, 2.0 GB RAM. I do what I can with what I've got. We plan to pickup an I7 Samsung laptop but I have to be convinced that PD will work properly before doing so.

Kenj, I don't know how to create a WMV file in PD. If I do it outside of PD how does the file get edited?

Thanks all for the help.

KenJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Go ahead an edit a test file in PD, then Click PRODUCE, click the FILE tab (instead of the YouTube tab), then click the .WMV tab. Select a profile type of "Windows Media Video 9 DVD Quality (3000 Kbps)". Designate an output folder on your hard drive to received the rendered file. Then click Start.

When it finishes rendering, double click the .wmv file in Windows Explorer and it should play ok on your computer.

Now, quit PD and access your YouTube channel. (This is the part I meant for you to do outside of PD.) Use the YouTube web page to upload the .wmv file just created on your hard drive.

If it is easier for you, produce a .MP4 or .MPG file instead of .WMV. Doesn't matter - YouTube accepts any of these.

I agree with James1 above. I'm running 32 bit with 4 GB RAM, and everything functions well, but I'm only doing SD stuff, not HD. You might need more machine for what you are doing. Probably you should start with shorter, lower resolution videos and sneak up to HD to see what your machine can handle.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2011 09:12

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Youtube has a 2 GB file size limit as well as a 15 minute time limit.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57924

If your final video is greater than 2 GB, Youtube may reject the upload.

You need to produce your video and check the file size and be sure it is less then 2 GB.
WMV is a good compression, so that may be the best format to reduce the file size.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 10. 2011 10:00

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
In some circumstances the 2Gb, 15min limit can be exceeded :
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/17963.page#91972

However, my YT experiment was only partially successful !!, I'm not sure I'll try it again but others might.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
In some circumstances the 2Gb, 15min limit can be exceeded

To... 20GB

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=185316

[Thumb - YT Limit002.png]
 Filename
YT Limit002.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Online
[Post New]
Purely for research purposes, I uploaded (outside PD) a 45 min 2.8Gb file last night and it loaded and processed OK and is available this morning.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
Isn't there something with youtube where in you only get the extra size after you have uploaded "x" number of videos? Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Not that I know off....I uploaded one large file 2.4 GB movie to demonstrate to a friend..it was Hi def 1920X1080, but I don't know is YT remuxed it to there specs.
JIm Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Kevin R.
Contributor Location: Deep in the Heart of Texas Joined: Aug 17, 2010 15:58 Messages: 320 Offline
[Post New]
I just know that after uploading several videos I got a message stating I can now upload videos of a larger size and duration. I'm not sure what all that is actually about.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2011 10:13

Saving the world, one goofy video and meme at a time.
James1
[Post New]
Yes I think that message is cause the larger uploads is a 'beta' thingy...just my opinion..the menu for that is on the right somewhere
Jim

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2011 11:09

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

afinepoint4u [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update:

Two videos have been manually uploaded to youtube.

First: WMV file created from the PD "Produce" page. File was saved in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos then uploaded from there.

Second: File in "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\9.0". This file was created and saved by PD along with the others produced by PD. These were the files PD said were "successfully" uploaded. They are labeled Produce, Produce_0, Produce_1, Produce_2, Produce_3. I renamed the Produce_2 file and uploaded it.

Somethng else I found interesting. PD has also saved another copy of the videos in the same \9.0 folder. These have a file strip and camera icon and are labeled as I had saved them. When these files are clicked on PD opens and plays them. When the files labeled Produce_x are cliked on Windows Media opens and plays.

Since the videos are successfully produced by PD and manually uploaded by Youtube I'd say the issue lies in the auto-upload process. Why PD says it has successfully uploaded is a mystery.

The great inconvenience is the fact that I can't produce with youtube as the target. I have to return (after hours) find and rename the file if necessary, log onto youtube and upload.

Ideas?

Thanks for all of the help thus far. My trial period ends in two days. If I can't solve this by then there is no way I'll buy on hope.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 11. 2011 14:42

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The great inconvenience is the fact that I can't produce with youtube as the target. I have to return (after hours) find and rename the file if necessary, log onto youtube and upload.

Ideas?

I would set my export folder to where "I" want to save the Videos.

You can create a folder named something like "Youtube Upload". PD needs the folder to exist when you change the location in the Export Folder.
The Export Folder is in preferences.

I would also give a proper name to the Video file that I produce. You can do that in the Produce Output folder text box. Just change the name from "Produce" to whatever name you wish.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 11. 2011 16:54

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

vn800rider
[Post New]
If I can't solve this by then there is no way I'll buy on hope.

My opinion only.
I rarely use the YT upload in PD - probably historic as I preferred to set my own parameters for YT in times past. As Carsten indicates
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/17963.page#91980
there are not so many real advantages to using the auto upload - even if you do the registry hack etc etc.

For me it wouldn't be a make or break decision for using PD - there are many more issues that I experience that are more important........ but each to their own so to speak.

Cheers
Adrian
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
KenJ [Avatar]
[Post New]
Plus, there is a chance that it might work better in the latest 2930 release. My PD9 did straighten up a bit when I installed it. But with a workaround, admittedly a less than optimum workaround, even if it didn't, it wouldn't break the deal for me. Just my opinion.
afinepoint4u [Avatar]
[Post New]
At least the PD9 works with my computer - albeit lethargicly.

However Powerdirector customer help seems nonexistent. Thank goodness for this forum.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 12. 2011 05:49