Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not recognize my NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M
shotgun8888 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nil Joined: May 24, 2011 08:28 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
My notebook has nvidia optimus function , which determine to use intel intergrate display card or gt 540m , no
matter how i try , it can't work with GT 540M , no nvidia logo on startup pdvd11

my notebook is asus k73sv

Processor Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM
Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
Chipset Intel® HM65 Express Chipset
Memory DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM,2 x SO-DIMM socket for expansion up to 8 G SDRAM
Display 17.3" 16:9 HD (1366x76 LED backlit
Graphic NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 1GB/2GB DDR3 VRAM
Storage 2.5" SATA
750GB 5400rpm/7200rpm

thx yr help no
[Post New]
Hi

Could you update your GPU driver to 265.xx or later?
shotgun8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
driver : 266.86
and i can watch 3D bluray on my 3DTV but only can decoded by intel clearvideo , eventhough , i already using right click to
choosing high performance nvidia graphics
thx no
[Post New]
Yes PowerDVD is always using your default GPU. Glad to hear that your issue is fixed.
shotgun8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
SORRY, MAY BE MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD, it's not yet fixed, i can watch BD 3D but only decoded by intel intergrated display card not gt540M
and i already update my display card driver to ver. 270.61 no
[Post New]
Sorry, double confirm that does this also happen after you set NV gt540M as your default GPU?
shotgun8888 [Avatar]
[Post New]
yes ! already set NV gt540M as my default GPU , but still only work with intel integrated display card.... no
RogueAce [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2011 21:29 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I too have an Optimus system and am having trouble. Nearly all bluray discs I have cause the program to lockup. I have been going in circles with support as they claim first that I need to disable my onboard graphics (impossible in optimus) then that my drivers are outdated (according to Dell's website for the integrated and Nvidia's for the card, not true).

For some reason, PowerDVD will not allow you to select the Nvidia card no matter what you do. It's the only program on my system where this isn't an option. I suspect that the software is not properly handling Optimus but so far the reps are refusing to acknowledge it. In my case, all blurays are failing, not 3D, so I believe even my integrated chip should be just fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2011 21:37

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please update your DXDIAG here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

please send two

1. with NV as acticated VGA
2. with Intel as activated VGA

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
BJ12 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Arizon USA Joined: Aug 11, 2011 13:40 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

What is the status here? Has their been any resolution? I'm experiencing the same problem with PDVD9.6 which comes with the new Dell XPS Sandy Bridge laptops.

There is no way to enable PDVD to use the GT540M (Nvidia) GPU. The Optimus software will not allow it to switch from the basic Intel GPU. I have all the latest drivers from Dell and their vendors. Do I need to upgrade to PDVD11 or something?
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please post at least:

1. complete PowerDVD Versin
2. the SR code (not the CD key!!)

thanks

Werde Facebook Fan
Joseph [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2011 22:59 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I just purchased an Asus K53SV-XR1 with an Intel i7 and an Nvidia 540M with their Optimus technology. I downloaded a trial of PowerDVD11, and the trial DOES NOT recognize that I have the 540M...it only recognizes Intel Integrated Graphics (boo). I tried changing the Video Adapter to the 540m in the Nvidia Control Panel's "Change 3d Settings" section,however it will not let me change from "Integrated Graphics". I can change the setting for all other programs except Power DVD 11...what gives?
[Post New]
Hi there

We have a known issue that Optimus users (with an integrated Intel graphic chip) cannot select NVDIA card even it's default.

We are co-working with NVIDIA to get this fixed. Stay tune and sorry for the inconvenience.
Jhay-r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2011 11:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
any news with this???
[Post New]
Hi Jhay-r

It should get fixed in the coming patch, they are testing the beta driver.
Jhay-r [Avatar]
[Post New]
Any news now????
Using 285.62 now and still optimus is not supported...
[Post New]
Hi,

sorry maybe I should be more specific - it shoud be 29x

BR

Werde Facebook Fan
TEKHD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2011 08:03 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Confirmed working on NVIDIA Beta Drivers 290.36-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta... (Using GEFORCE GT555M with Optimus)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2011 23:35

pezza [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 30, 2011 10:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Just tried the 290.53 beta driver on my laptop which is a dell l502x (gt540m) and with both powerdvd 9.6 and the free 11 trial it will not allow me to choose nvidia (it just stays greyed out in nv control panel). Just thought I would update this.
Jhay-r [Avatar]
[Post New]
290.53 is the latest and still no optimus for gt540m...
been thru 290.36 also and still nothing...

not even 3d via hdmi is working...
though gt540m states it support 3d displays yet, not detecting my lg 3d tv connected via hdmi...

and powerdvd still runs via onboard intel hd graphics....

i also informed nvidia with this matter and their answer to this is, that nvidia optimus is software dependent trigger thus powerdvd is the software concerns that's why it doesn't trigger optimus to run on nvidia graphics....

even tried to turn off any power saving and still nothing...