Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can not recognize my NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M
Jhay-r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 03, 2011 11:20 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
290.53 is the latest and still no optimus for gt540m...
been thru 290.36 also and still nothing...

not even 3d via hdmi is working...
though gt540m states it support 3d displays yet, not detecting my lg 3d tv connected via hdmi...

and powerdvd still runs via onboard intel hd graphics....

i also informed nvidia with this matter and their answer to this is, that nvidia optimus is software dependent trigger thus powerdvd is the software concerns that's why it doesn't trigger optimus to run on nvidia graphics....

even tried to turn off any power saving and still nothing...
Marek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2012 06:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
same problem here. Win7 64bit, GF 540M (MSI GE620 notebook), PowerDVD11 trial, NVIDIA 290.36. Cannot choose the default VGA neither for PowerDVD, nor for WinDVD...

Hopefully you will fix it, this is the only issue setting me back from buying PowerDVD
Clauds [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2012 05:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Same problem here.
Win7 64bit, GF 550M (Asus N53S laptop), PowerDVD11 trial, NVIDIA drivers etc ...
I hope that someone will resolve this situation soon pls

Thanks
mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2009 15:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i have just bought a lenovo Z370 which will not output to my onkyo 607 returning an hdcp error my old Acer has no such problem with PowerDVD 9 ultra please advise
Clauds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello @Mark
I think that your problem it's not related to this topic.
Maybe you will find the answer on another topic/area on this forum.
My opinion ...
mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 27, 2009 15:19 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
My apologies the key common thing is I am using optimus tech as well but getting the HDCP issue on top of the intel only, however I do occasionally get the option to switch to trutheatre & then select cuda which does not work
Clauds [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anyway ... as far as i know - until now there is no answer/solution for our problem (aka: PowerDVD does NOT work with Nvidia card in any Optimus (Nvidia&Intel) systems/configurations)
Clauds [Avatar]
[Post New]
So ... I just install the new PowerDVD 12.
The issue still persist. The player use only intel graphic card from an Nvidia Optimus configuration (Nvidia + Intel).

Please people ... please do something !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Whay on earth it's so hard to make this player to use Nvidia graphic card ????????????
Really ... I don't understant ?!!!!!!!!

Even VLC player run on Nvidia graphic card on Optimus systems ... and it's a free player without any specials claims and such high price like Power DVD.

So ... really ... what it's the problem ???
Can we expect to some miracles in the future or it's a lost cause ?
BeeVee [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2012 03:38 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I want to show a BluRay to my class and I bought PowerDVD 12 to be able to do so, only I can't connect my laptop to the projector via VGA to do so, and since my laptop has an HDMI port that is only used by the NVidia card in the machine I didn't think it would be a problem if I bought an HDMI cable. How wrong I was. PowerDVD will still only use the integrated graphics and so can't use HDMI. I've now spent €110 and still can't show the disc, none of which would have been a problem had I just pirated the film as everyone told me to do...

Is this issue going to be resolved soon, or should I just ask for a refund of PowerDVD since it is not fit for purpose?

B
Clauds [Avatar]
[Post New]
My advise is to ask for refund !
As past time shows: Cyberlink doesn't do anything to resolve this issue in the last versions of PowerDVD ... so I strongly advise you to ask for refund !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 09. 2012 06:20

BeeVee [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will.

B
BeeVee [Avatar]
[Post New]
I sent an email yesterday and received a reply today agreeing to a refund. Thank you Cyberlink, that was swift and agreeable support.

B
amauricio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 03, 2013 20:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
same problem here also true theater not work for better quality in hd