Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink support staff quality poor on PowerDVD problem
PowerBR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2010 09:30 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I've been contacting Cyberlink support several times by now because PowerDVD plays poor sound on my Intel DG45ID mainboard computer. (I'm running the latest PowerDVD patch and have re-installed the whole system, incl. Windows 7/64 with latest drivers several times by now.)

All I received from support staff on this case so far is useless responses (see below for my response on the latest).

I more and more get the impression that the support staff at Cyberlink seems to be mentally disabled . Is this assumption true?

-------------
Hi Saba,

did you read my response?

It's all in Ticket ID #CS000958313. You can find all the required information there, including the DxDiag.txt file.

Regarding your other question:

• You requested a screenshot... What for? This is an AUDIO problem. There is no "error message".

Frankly, in the course of this issue I got a lot of stupid responses from Cyberlink, but not a single helpful response yet.

I hope YOU will meet the bar this time.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
I feel your pain with the Cyberlink Technical Support group. I know exactly what you are talking about. You are not alone in the way you get treated and your thoughts about the people providing TS.
[Post New]
I worked in customer and technical support for 12 years and every support rep I've dealt with at CyberLink would have been fired if they provided that type of support at my previous employers. I have submitted many incidents since PowerDVD 8 3 years ago and my most recent incidents have gotten worse which is sad because things are getting more complex all around.

I honestly wonder if when we send the initial request, it's actually answered by some support BOT than a human being. I sometimes wonder that on follow ups too because their responses, as you already mentioned, are not helpful and show that no one has actually read what you took time to write in detail. It can be very frustrating and it's made worse by the fact that they respond slowly.

Customer service/sales is even worse. You'd think they'd want to make the sale. A couple months ago I was considering buying some of their other tools like PowerDirector and so on, but their sales staff took over two weeks to answer two simple questions I had. Over one week on one question and one week on another. They lost the sale. mobo: ASUS P5-QLE
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
video: Sapphire HD 7750 PCIe 1GB DDR5
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I've been contacting Cyberlink support several times by now because PowerDVD plays poor sound on my Intel DG45ID mainboard computer. (I'm running the latest PowerDVD patch and have re-installed the whole system, incl. Windows 7/64 with latest drivers several times by now.)

All I received from support staff on this case so far is useless responses (see below for my response on the latest).

Hello,
you may post your issue here - maybe this forum can help you.
Please check this posting first:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8449.page

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
PowerBR [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Michael,

thanks for trying to help.

Attached please find the necessary DxDiag file, containing any necessary information.

I'm using the full version of PowerDVD on Windows 7/64 (hardware, see first posting and DxDiag file).

Details are fully given in first posting above. Sound played with PowerDVD sounds like played in 4 bit quality. Hardware is fine, any other program plays fine, latest drivers, latest program patch. It's apparently a genuine PowerDVD problem with this board.

Here's the original thread of the problem in this forum, it's in German.

Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX Diagnostic file
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
292 time(s)
 Filename
Alien³.wma
[Disk]
 Description
Example of bad sound quality
 Filesize
745 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
370 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2011 12:58

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

the issue you report for your system seems to be a single issue. Please help to post:

- BDAdvisor Log file
- the detail settings of your audio in OS
- the detail settings of the PowerDVD audio settings
- the PowerDVD SR and TR (not CD-KEy)

Please also check your drivers and BIOS as far as I can see from INTEL website there are at least updated audio and updated BIOS Versions available

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
PowerBR [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Please help to post:

- BDAdvisor Log file

Where can I find that file?

Quote: - the detail settings of your audio in OS
- the detail settings of the PowerDVD audio settings

There are no extraordinary settings, neither in the OS, the IDT driver nor PowerDVD. Please refer to screenshots attached.

Quote: - the PowerDVD SR and TR (not CD-KEy)

Where can I find those? Is it ensured that this data doesn't reveil any personal data? I mean, what do they tell? Will others be able to register with this information?

Quote: Please also check your drivers and BIOS as far as I can see from INTEL website there are at least updated audio and updated BIOS Versions available

I already checked the Intel website for latest drivers. I do this on a regular basis. As I already wrote above, I have the latest drivers installed. The latest drivers provided are dated: end of 2010.
 Filename
Sound Screenshots.zip
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
858 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
416 time(s)