Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 freezes- help needed
Jerryapp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2011 18:10 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have been struggling with PD9 for a while with little success. I recently reinstalled according to tech support instructions. All drivers are up to date and Quicktime is the default MOV player. The movies I edit are from a Kodak PlaySport (MOV files) and a Panasonic Lumix (AVCHD lite).

I have noticed that I can render movies only if I do NO enhancements. If I do any editing it freezes the computer when I try and render. I have mainly been trying to make MPEG4 files. I am thoroughly frustrated with this program.

I have several questions I hope a member can answer.
1.- Could my Radeon HD5400 card be a problem?
2.- How important is it to have codecs not loaded by programs?
3.- How important is it to have the proper file associations, i.e MOV with
Quicktime?

The processing is very slow and the screen video quality is poor. The program is much slower then other video editing software. Can anybody provide any suggestions as I have exhausted technical support.

Thanks in advance.
 Filename
Jerryapp.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagtxt file
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
254 time(s)
cbidnick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2011 13:06 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have the latest Quicktime? I bought this program less than a week ago and was having a lot of freezing as well. It resolved after I downloaded Quicktime, hope this helps.
Jerryapp [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I have the latest Quicktime. That does solve some problems when working with MOV files. You also have to make sure that Quicktime is your default viewer. I had VLC as the viewer and that caused problems. That is why I am asking about file associations.

The latest problems involved processing the AVCHD lite files from the Panasonic.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Jerryapp [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have tried again to produce a movie this morning from the same MTS clips, about 5 minutes worth. This time I tried to render an AVC file. After about 15 minutes of rendering the elapsed time counter continued and the rendering stopped at 40%. It always stops at 40%. I cancel rendering but the producing screen continues and I cannot close the program. A ctrl-alt-del is the only way out.

Windows Media Player is the default MTS player. Perhaps I will assign another program and see what happens.

This program is not for anybody that does not have a lot of time on their hands.

Screen capture attached.
 Filename
Capture JerryApp.MHT
[Disk]
 Description
screen capture
 Filesize
881 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
346 time(s)
Jerryapp [Avatar]
[Post New]
I again removed the hardware decoding option and was able to produce the AVC file. The quality was not the best however. This program requires a lot of trial-and-error to get a decent video. I am puzzled as to why this program gets such high ratings in the online reviews.
Randy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2011 13:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem. Sometimes it freezes at the same spot but not always. Have tried rendering in different formats but have not been able to get through to the end.
mamethot@hotmail.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 02, 2011 13:22 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem using MTS files from my JVC Everio camera. Files are MTS, 24mbps. I never had a problem to produce a movie until I moved to HD...