Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Canon .m2ts files imported with Pixela as well as GoPro .MP4 files
[Post New]
NEW TOPIC CREATED FOR HASSE

Well, sorry for not posting a diagnostic file before. Here it is. Though I don't understand why I would have to start a new thread? Obviously, I share the same experiences with chuckpuckett and tbrady. I also have a support ticket, taking ages to get replied to. ID CS000974116 it is, complete with all diagostics asked for.

I have found that version 9.0.0.2330 is actually much more stable than 2504, even if it is still pretty shaky. With 2504 I can not do any editing at all. Just one clip and try to split that and mark the part not automaticly highlighted after a split makes the HDD start chewing endlessly and it's not possible to do anything in PD9 for at least a couple of minutes. With 2330, it's at least possible to make short videos and I can actually work for a couple of hours before any crash or freeze. It is still a serious issue, since after the first crash or freeze, the project is actually more unstable and saving it as a new project will not solve the issues.

I am using Canon .m2ts files imported with Pixela as well as GoPro .MP4 files. The Canon files are 1440x1080 and the GoPro files are 1280x720 50 fps and for a while, I thougt that the difference in size and fps would be the problem, though I am stille experiencing both freezes and crashes even when using just one kind of input.

Hasse
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
609 time(s)
[Post New]
Hasse;
To avoid KNOWN issues. Please, update your video drivers to AT LEAST 260.99:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver-all.html

Nvidia drivers are constantly being updated to a new version (new version in BETA as we speak). This will significantly reduce the crashes, pauses and freezes you are experiencing.
[Post New]
Hasse;
Nice video:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/preList/16189/80022.page

Please update your video drivers and let us know if this changes your problem.

Since you use sounds and music, I also recommend that you attempt an update of your AUDIO drivers:
(VIA High Definition Audio)
Your version:
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7500 (English)
Current release:
http://www.via.com.tw/en/support/tech_faq.jsp#win7

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 01. 2011 13:52

Glastarflyer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 06, 2009 17:30 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, it was a no go. I installed the Nvidia driver, though I had no luck with the VIA site, it's down. However, I ran a few edits and it worked, so I risked upgrading to build 2504, which was a huge mistake.

- Started new project
- Imported one clip (MP4 - GoPro)
- Maked and split the clip att approximately 3 minutes of video
- Clicked on the first part of the video to mark it for deletion
- PD9 frooze solid.
- Task manager says not responding...

I am now uninstalling to revert to build 2330. I never did get 2504 to work with Windows 7 64-bit.

Hasse
Glastarflyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
How very not cool.
Build 2330 is not even starting, after reinstalling. It crashes on the opening screen.
From bad to worse, I am afraid.

Oh well.
[Post New]
Ok..so the video driver made 2330a WORK, but 2504 did not.
EDIT: (IMPORTANT: With your Nvidia Card...you should be running at least 2330a)...2330 reportedly crashes on startup with some Nvidia cards

Now, I need a short clip from each camera. Just a couple of seconds long EACH!

Do not process them with pixela or anything. Shoot a couple of short shots and post them here, please.
NOTE: I use native files (MTS) from a Canon Vixia HF11 without issue in 2504.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2011 17:14

Glastarflyer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, no problems. Here are two short clips.
 Filename
GOPR0105.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
GoPro
 Filesize
6793 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
388 time(s)
 Filename
00014.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Native Canon
 Filesize
4386 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
374 time(s)
[Post New]
OK, I am downloading the files..Let me chew on them in PD9 for a while. I will get back to you after I test a little.

Since they are in PAL format, I will have to let PD9 convert themto NTSC. Maybe some PAL users can download and see if they have issues similar to those reported above.

So far they appear fine in PD9 for me. More to follow tomorrow (when you wake up).
A couple of things that I notice right off the bat:
1. The perspective of the two clips is different
2. The FPS for the two clips is different.

Hopefully, this is enough information to get the Advanced Video Editors looking at this???!!!
 Filename
Untitled-2.png
[Disk]
 Description
Clip properties of MTS and MP4 clips
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
220 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2011 17:49

[Post New]
I might not have an answer for this one...both clips worked fine on my machine. ANYONE got a SOUND answer out there????

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2011 13:26

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fred and Hasse,
I've download the files. duplicated them and don't have a problem.

I use 1080p 30fps, and I have used 720p 60 and 30fps mp4 files. My system has had problems in the past with 1080p 60fps - just short of power. 720p 50 - should be no problem.

OK, the only issue which has a recurring theme on the forum is when mixed 1440x1080 footage is used with other full size footage. When mixed footage is used editing problems appear to happen.

I don't have a problem with the footage in PD9 - but I only have multiple 5 seconds of each.

Dafydd

Filename
hf11.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Canon HF11
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
384 time(s)
 Filename
gopro.txt