Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[reproduced] PowerDVD 10 Ultra Not Working with Windows 7 WMC
Rob Z [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2010 20:41 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I'm experiencing the same problem again. Double clicking the MCL file or the three files that you listed only temporarily solves the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25. 2011 21:13

Jakobkraft1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2010 10:11 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, this only fixes it for a short while. I didn't even restart, just kept working on other stuff, and a few hours later when I tried to watch a blu ray in WMC, I got the same problem. Double clicking the MCL file fixes it every time, but again, it's only a TEMPORARY fix...
jkwaterman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2011 19:17 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I am now getting unsupported disk in drive D: in cinema mode for blu-ray disks. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to the latest patch. I am using virtual clone drive with WMC.
jkwaterman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2011 19:17 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I uninstalled the patch and reinstalled the original version of power dvd 10 ultra and I now can play blu-ray disks again. How can you install the patch and ensure that it doesn't downgrade you to a non-ultra version. At least with power dvd 8 and 9 you could re-enter the activation code to get your privs back
Beachman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 09:31 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Yes, this only fixes it for a short while. I didn't even restart, just kept working on other stuff, and a few hours later when I tried to watch a blu ray in WMC, I got the same problem. Double clicking the MCL file fixes it every time, but again, it's only a TEMPORARY fix...

Hi!
I am having the exactly same problem!
1. When I start PowerDVD with a blu ray within MCE the powerDVD animation-logo starts
2. Then screen flickers(I think its when turning aero off).
3. Then the screen turns totally blue.
4. After that the MCE volume popup-screen appears in right upper corner, the bluray spinns for a while... (When clicking on MCL file, the popup normally shows "SPDIF" and the PowerDVD logo is still in the background)
5. Then screen flickers again (I think aero switching on again) and the screen is just blue forever.
6. If I then click back-button on the remote a popup window appear with the message "Koan box stopped working, You will return to media center"

The fix clicking on the MCL-file only temporarly solves it, after a while, or when computer return from hibernate mode the problem comes back!

Is there a solution for this problem??

I have recently installed IE9 if that mathers...

The application only "freezes/turns blue" within mce, starting powerdvd (both cinema mode and normal mode) outside mce always work!
I have a new clean w7 home premium x64 swedish install with all latest windows updates (nothing else is installed on my computer), powerdvd 10 ultra mk2, latest patch from Mars.
My hardware is a stock Asrock ION 330 HT-BD HDMI-led LCD screen, using optical SPDIF out to my receiver.

I am using my HTPC in the living room so there is a "NO option" to start powerdvd without the MCE remote!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2011 04:39

Paul1212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2010 12:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem. The only way I can fix it permanently is to uninstall Internet explorer 9 by going into the control panel. It worked correctly before I installed Internet explorer 9 and after it was uninstalled.

For those that do not know how to uninstall Internet explorer nine, go to the control panel, go to uninstall a program, select view installed updates, scroll down until you see Internet explorer nine, select it, click uninstall. You will revert back to Internet explorer eight.

Also please note, trying the work arounds were also only temporary as stated by others.
Beachman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 09:31 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I had the same problem. The only way I can fix it permanently is to uninstall Internet explorer 9 by going into the control panel. It worked correctly before I installed Internet explorer 9 and after it was uninstalled.

Thanks for your reply!

For all CyberLink guys: Is this bug confirmed from your side, and will there be a fix for this soon???

It surely just a mather of time when IE9 will automaticly install through windows update, and then a huge group of guys will have problem with PowerDVD!!!

/Erik
[Post New]
Yes, I too have the same issue with WMC SP1 and IE9 installed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2011 17:50

Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
I had it working something with IE9. I went ahead and uninstalled IE9 and so far it seems to be loading every time. I think you might be right that IE9 is somehow causing a problem with PowerDVD WMC version.

Now the fun part will be figuring out why. I got a gut feeling it has something to do with koanbox not being proper html code.
Nebula1701 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 18, 2011 21:34 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
yeah it may well be a permissions issue.
Larry Patrick [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jul 11, 2007 14:21 Messages: 276 Offline
[Post New]
I got some bad news...
IE 9 is now being pushed out on Windows Update as 4/5/2011!

So far it is labeled and important update.

I do not get the feeling it is being forced on users just yet it seems to be a optional update so far, but i may be wrong.

I have started looking into the koanbox and the htm and javascript is not liked by IE9, but i didn't write this code so its a black box to me that i can point a finger at.
[Post New]
When I had IE9 beta 1-2 this wasn't a issue but that was also before W7SP1...lol.

I'm thinking about reverting to IE8 because I'm also now having playback issues with MKV files when using PDVD's file browser to play them. Windows explorer will play the same MKV files with PDVD.

All was fine prior to installing the final IE9 and Creator 2011 after SP1.
ormachea [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2006 12:12 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I too same problem with IE9 and windows 7 media center ...... problem Koan box Power Cinema in PowerDvD 10
Manoroid [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 10, 2010 23:07 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
I keep getting this same problem too. Come on cyberlink please fix these things! I too think ie 9 has something to do with this issue! Everything has stopped working with playback and such. I've got latest drivers on everything i can think of and still nothing, plus ie 9 has been unistalled as well.
beyond315 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2009 11:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I too have this issue. If I launch PowerDVD from within WMC, it crashes. If I launch it by double clicking on the PowerDVDCinema10 application or thePowerDVDCinema10.mcl file in the PowerDVD10\PowerDVD Cinema folder, it runs fine until I return to the WMC home screen. If I select PowerDVD again, it crashes. A fix would be nice as the whole point of investing in a HTPC is to not have to resort to clicking on shortcuts on the desktop but running all programs from the remote.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

we are working to deliver a solution for this IE9 related issue

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
kalarso [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2011 11:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am also having these issues. I hope the patch comes sooner than later!
kalarso [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 13, 2011 11:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have reverted back to ie8 and everything works correctly again.
Go to control panel->uninstall a program->view installed updates (upper left side of screen)
find IE9, highlight, right click and select uninstall. Restart the computer when it asks and everything back to normal.
Hope this helps. I am happy again
beyond315 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2009 11:41 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael--

Do you have an ETA on when the fix will be made available? Thank you
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

no ETA yet.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DiAngelo66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 16, 2011 21:13 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Add me to the list of of Power DVD users unsable to play Blu Ray in Media Center (IE 9 installed). Please fix this ASAP.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 17. 2011 13:50