Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title effects not showing in production
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
You answered my question with your next post! I was curious if it was happening with other video clips and apparently it does.

If I can find it....I will have to dig...but I swear that someone had posted a similar problem....if not the exact same one...of the "eye" vanishing from the track. But I can't seem to find it using the search function. It might be buried in another topic.

KEvin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Also your video drivers are almost 2 years old. I would update them direct from Nvidia to get the latest version. My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
deklerkt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 13, 2011 06:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I'll have a look for newer NVDIA drivers, although I'm quite happy with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" attitude.
Fortunately I can restore a previous configuration if needed. It seems odd though that this one eye icon is affected by the drivers whilst others are not.

The mkv file doesn't have any subtitles of its own. But as I said later, any example movie shows the same problem. In fact opening PD9 without any movie initially on the timeline already shows the title track without eye/cross.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
If it were me I would uninstall PD9....then reinstall it to see if it corrects the problem.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Possibly the mkv is causing a problem.

PD9 requires the latest graphic drivers - this isn't a no do item, ensure you update through the Nvidia site.

If you had provide a 5 to 10 second sample we would have been able to replicate the issue. Unfortunately I see the video you have is a ripped commercial video.

Dafydd
deklerkt [Avatar]
[Post New]
No it is not a ripped commercial movie as it has not been released commercially - otherwise I'd have bought it (but I would still try to add the credit titles to it that seem to have gone lost in the film originals that remain). It is a HD TV broadcast.
The NVIDIA driver is on a OEM videocard GeForce GT230 that came as an "out of the box" media-pc that seems to have no update (as far as I could find sofar). GT230 is unknown to NVIDIA at least.

Re-installing might be a temporary solution but who guarantees that the same event won't happen again? You cannot keep reinstalling repeatedly to be taken seriously.

I could extract the movie from its mkv file as mt2s file (which is the only thing inside the mkv file) and see if it makes a difference. I was already pleasantly surprised that PD9 did recognize mkv. Unfortunately not my SD or HD .trp files from the satellite receiver. But that's another topic.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I don't intend arguing the point on this forum. "Thunderbirds are Go" is copyright commercially made video not intended for individuals to re-edit.

A simple looksee does reveal information:

Drivers: Google search

Thanks

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2011 09:58

Repelsteel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2011 15:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think the mkv causes the problem. I have the same problem and i can make the icon dissapear by only putting a jpg on the video track (see screenshot earlier in this thread).

Repel
deklerkt [Avatar]
[Post New]
Back to the main topic: I've found a OEM update of the NVIDIA drivers and installed it (see dxdiag - a difference with the earlier one shows changes only in the driver area). Then ran PD9 again and saw the eye briefly appeared in the title track (but perhaps it did before too, I didn't notice) but with only the provided files at installation, it disappeared again before one gets control.

I removed the program installation, rebooted and installed PD9 again. Starting it showed no change: a brief appearance of the eye but removal before you get control. Pity.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
60 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
235 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm tempted to er on the side of caution and lock this thread. CyberLink and members here should not be asked to explain or participate in actions which are contrary to the motion picture experts group's terms of use and which CyberLink belongs to.

Please test other video file formats and do a repeat test without using commercially made footage.

thanks

Dafydd

Edit: Thread edited with Theo's consent.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 13. 2011 10:00