Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Avatar Collectors Edition kicks Power DVD 9 into AACS update loop and will not play.
Keven55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2009 05:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I had this problem in June and Michael's solution worked prefectly.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15/8830.page#53544

I cannot get this fix to work with this version of Avatar. It does the same thing with Build 2320 with or without patch 2528. I have gone back to patch 2201 following Michaels fix and now all my blurays play again except Avatar. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Thanks
Keven55 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just a quick update. After the latest patch did not work, Cyberlink support recommended I install Version 10 trial edition. What a mistake, this just goes straight into the update loop, many others are complaining about and will not play anything. The irony is that Version 9 still worked just fine for all Blu Rays except Avatar. The quest for a version of Power DVD which delivers on the company's claims and is stable in use continues...........
I just wish Microsoft would pay the royalties or whatever to Sony and build blu ray functionality into Media Player. We can dream...............
Keven55 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Problem solved. UPdated graphics card to ATI 5670 from 2600XT and that was it. Question is why did Cyberlink support not suggest this or indeed know that Dell XPS 420 with factory fit and 2600 has problems with bluray?????