Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 doesn't recognize my browser when downloading templates or signing into Director Zone
[Post New]
I did the trail version of PD8 and didn't have any problems using these functions, but for some reason now I do in PD9. The error states:

"You are trying to use a feature that requires a web browser on this sytem. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again."

Ummmm...I'm using my browser right now

What do I need to do to get PD9 to recognize my browser and allow me the functionality to:
1) Sign into Director Zone from within the software.
2) Download templates when I push the PD9 icon to do so.

Thanks!! "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." ~ Unknown
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
And the browser would be?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2010 16:40

[Post New]
Windows Internet Explorer 8.

Since writing earlier today, I've discovered that I can hit the "D" key for the Director Zone and get to the on-line info that way. It's the "Download More Templates" icon that continues to error out. "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." ~ Unknown
floridagator
Newbie Location: Florida Joined: Nov 23, 2010 07:27 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem with my PD9.
Using IE8 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
AMD Phenom ll X4 Processor 3.2ghz (4 CPUs)
ATI Radeon HD5670 1gb
8.00 gb Memory
jameshorsley1976 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2008 20:53 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I just downloaded the trial and have the same issue. Any suggestions would be helpful
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem when I first installed PD9 with some other issues. I ended up re-installing Windows 7 64 bit and now everything works normally, I think some of the files in my Windows were corrupted. Before I re-installed Windows I removed PD8 & PD9 from my computer and reinstalled after re-installing Windows 7.
I tried everything before reinstalling> i also had some issues with the quality of the video. After re-installing everything works perfectly. I did not do a clean install(removed everything) but re-installed saving my files. Hope this helps. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Before reinstalling WINDOWS... A lot of IE8 issues are solve Reseting, Restoring defaults and clearing IE8 temps. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Reset-Internet-Explorer-8-settings
[Post New]
Thanks
I tried the suggestion above with no luck so I uninstalled and reinstalled internet explorer with no luck either. Really like the program although I have using a couple of other editing programs but like what I see here. Hopefully can resolve this issue so I can see what else is available. Any other suggestions out there. I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit if that helps.
I now realiize that I can click on the Hellojames link next to the sign up button and it links me to the website. This is a little strange since it opens from one part of the program but not another.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2010 14:22

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
If you go to Accessories -> System Tools, there's an option for loading IE with no add-ins. Try that, we might learn something. Jerry Schwartz
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Aleluya Jerry,
(warning: aleluya is not a slang like LOL, its a perfect word to describe nice jerrys avatar that always have the picture of the answer. http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleluya) L.O.L.
eddie2197 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2010 14:24 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issue. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Has there been any solutions to this issue??
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Its not a Cl PD problem. Its a Windows IE problem. Do you try to reset IE8 seetings?. Do you try to use another browser?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 29. 2010 19:16

[Post New]
Tried other browsers as well reseting everything in Explorer. Nothing works although as I said earlier I can access the templates etc through the sign in at the top.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Sorry i cant help you. Maybe other members on the forum can. It was more complicate to solve my 4 years kid to solve a match problem that this one. Sorry

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 29. 2010 20:09

[Post New]
Thanx anyway. I can still try the program. So far fairly impressed except for this issue. Maybe someone else has an idea. I am probably going to try to put the trial on my old laptop and see of that solves the issue. Thanks again for your effort. It is probably something real simple and I just do not see it.
twincitybulldog
Senior Member Location: Winter Haven, Florida "Home of Legoland" Joined: Aug 03, 2009 14:59 Messages: 159 Offline
[Post New]
When I first loaded PD9 on my computer, I had this problem and also had problems with the quality of my video in the preview mode and after rendering the video. The video was very poor and had a lot of noise. I had the exact same problem you described with browser.
This was on my desktop running Windows 7 64 bit. I then installed the program(PD9) on my laptop and it worked perfectly running Windows 7 32bit. So I new that the problem was with my desktop computer.
I re-installed Windows 7 64bit OS and Cyberlink PD9 on another hard drive on my desktop and everything worked perfectly.
In conclusion, I realized that some of the Windows files were corrupted on my desktop. I tried everything that I new to fix the problem before re-installing Windows 7 ( i.e. new drivers and another video card.)
I would think that you could reinstall Windows 7 and keep your files rather that do a clean install wiping out your files. If you do this I would recommend you back up your data first and un-install Cyberlink and then re-install after Windows 7 install.
I am now using PD9 and I am very happy with the way it performs. Windows 8 Pro 64bit
Cameras. Panasonic AG-HMC40, GoPro Hero 3 Black
Edition.
ironben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2010 15:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
well same problem here. windows 7 64 bit.
demo and now purchased version show the same error.
tried safari browser than back to IE8.00 and now downloaded 9.0 still problem.
if only reinstalling window fix the issue for the other guy, than this has to be registry problem.
hopefuly they will respand to my trouble ticket
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Try Mozilla Firefox, works for me.
Dafydd
ironben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 13, 2010 15:20 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
thanks dafydd
got it to work
installed FireFox, had it check and updated all the add-on and pd9 work perfect in FireFox.
went back to the IE9.0 and works as well so registry got updated or it was something with java.
but it works in any browser now! yeah

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2010 16:34

jd91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2011 12:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone had the same issue using the Chrome browser and been able to get it to work? I'm running Win 7 64 bit, have Power Director 9 and Chrome is my default browser.