Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD9 doesn't recognize my browser when downloading templates or signing into Director Zone
jd91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 05, 2011 12:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone had the same issue using the Chrome browser and been able to get it to work? I'm running Win 7 64 bit, have Power Director 9 and Chrome is my default browser.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Browser Tests (results here, at least)

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit - Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz - 8MB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Mozilla Firefox DZ downloads DZ Tutorials
Google Chrome DZ downloads DZ Tutorials
IE8 (32-bit) DZ downloads DZ Tutorials
IE8 (64-bit) DZ downloads DZ Tutorials

I have no idea why tutorials won't play using IE (64-bit), but it's been reported in forums a few times.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Try running IE8 in campatability mode?! There have been some new updates to IE lately...my sip home page requires a chrome fram now..
Jim Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!
lagunasurfer1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2011 19:14 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
This has got to be a PD bug.
I'm running Vista home premium.
Tried the Download icon with IE9, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Maxthon 3, SeaMonkey, Lunascape 6, Slimbrowser K-Meleon and Safari as default browser and none of them work. Don't ask; I've got a thing for browsers. lol

To use downloaded media:
For example:

1. Download a title from directorzone.com from any browser.
2. Install it by double-click from your download location.
3. In PD9, select EDIT on step bar
4. From the icons on the left side of the window, select "T" for "Title"
5. Select "Downloaded" from the drop-down menu under EDIT (see step 3 above for location of EDIT]

Note: the 4:3 aspect downloaded media will only show when your project is in that aspect, likewise
the 16:9 media will only show when project is in 16:9 media.

Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
I didn't know people still used Internet Explorer. They still make it? Been using Fire Fox since the first version, Opra before that. Never used IE because if it's limitations. I will go try it in IE if it will run....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2011 19:57

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Bubba: I am still using IE and always have. I was on IE8 and a week ago, downloaded IE9. On my 32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium, I can view DZ tutorials with both IE8 and IE9 (just tested it). Later today, I will have my Windows 7 HP x64 fired up (have some editing to do) and I will check out if I can view the DZ tutorials on it with IE9 to try to replicate Tony's finding that he couldn't play them on his computer. I suspect he might have been using IE8 at that time. I will post back with the results.

I am wondering if this is not a codec issue. Perhaps installing FFDshow, availabe for free on the web (just Google it) might solve the problem ... ?

My two cents. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
Just an update all. I fired up my Windows 7 Home Premium x64 with IE9. I was able to watch the two DZ tutorials I selected. Maybe an update to IE9 might help.

Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil
Rocket-Scientist
Senior Member Location: HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA Joined: Apr 23, 2010 10:14 Messages: 288 Offline
[Post New]
the IE problem seems to be related to which version you use 32 bit (works) and 64 bit (fails). PD9 uses your default broswer, if you make 32 bit default ... no problems. I would venture a guess it is because FLASH has no 64 bit version for IE. RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
(2 NVME 2TB, 1 SSD 2TB, 3SATA 18TB )
PD18 ULTIMATE 64bit
WINDOWS 10 PRO 64 BIT
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI MB
RYZEN 7 3700X 8-CORE , 64 GB DDR4
ORSAIR HX1050 watts PSU
jmoorejr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 17:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This is a PD problem!!!!! I get the same message for PD 10 and am running IE 9. All other programs recognize the browser, except PD 10. In fact, I'd like to purchase and activate this program, but can't because it can't see the Internet Explorer. Before telling me to change settings on other programs, why don't we "fix" PD 10.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I have IE9 installed (32-bit & 64-bit versions), but rarely use them.

I've just realised, when putting Rocket Scientist's suggestion to the test, that you cannot make IE9 (64-bit) the default browser.

jmoorejr - To my way of thinking, it's not a PD problem. It's a DZ problem. If I access DZ directly with a browser (PD is closed), I get the same results I described above.

Mozilla Firefox is my default browser & I have no issues with DZ, whether I access it through PD or directly in my browser.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jmoorejr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2012 17:36 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using a 32-bit. IE 9 IS, IS the default browser. I'll uninstall, then reinstall PD 10 and try again.
Gavin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 03, 2013 01:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys just wanted to say I'm running PowerDirector 10.0.2.2126 that came default with my new HP laptop and I get the same problem. My default browser is Chrome, and in fact, I have disabled Internet Explorer on this computer cause I have serious trust issues with IE. I got this message why clicking on a box suggesting I update to PD11.

Looks like they still have some bugs to iron out