Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installing PowerDirector 8 on Windows 7 64 bit computer
Bob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2010 18:08 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
When I try to install subject software, I get an error "Error applying transforms. Verify that the specified transform paths are valid.
C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\pft3062.tmp\1033.mst"

Prior to reaching the above error message, I get a question "This setup will perform an upgrade of '. Do you want to continue?" When I say yes, I will then proceed until I get to the the error given above.

I found a "1033.mst" file elsewhere and put a copy in the directory where PowerDirector was looking for it, but it did not help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Take this issue to CyberLink Tech Support please.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/index.do

I will make some enquiries (with CyberLink), this issue has been posted on the forum previously.

Dafydd

Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for responding Dafydd. I have submitted an email explaining my problem to Tech Support and I will keep you informed. I have not had an answer yet.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Bob,
The issue is caused (maybe) by an incomplete download or insufficient space on your hard drive.

I would firstly clean up your system and empty the Temp files etc.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART P
Clean up tool

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/
Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Run the program and the install PD

I use CCleaner.

Let us know how you get on. I have also sent you a PM.

Dafydd
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you, I have run the Dxdiag utility and saved the text file. Tech support responded with a request for my proof of purchase. I sent it to him. I think he is going to ask me to download it again. I told him I have downloaded it twice but still can not install it. I looked at the comments by people who have used Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and it sounds pretty dangerous. I have not used it.
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello Dafydd,

In order to update you on my progress with Tech Support, I send you a copy of what I wrote to my Support Technician (Gaurav).

"Hello Gaurav,
You are asking me for a receipt or invoice. I do not have one because I purchased it online and then downloaded it online. I installed it on one of my computers which is currently under repair and not usable. I called Herman Street and they said there was not reason I could not also install on another of my computers. The first installation was successful on a Sony VAIO desktop running Windows XP 32 bit. I think my problem is caused by your software not installing on a 64 bit laptop running Windows 7. If you plan to have me download the software again and then try to install it, be aware that I have already tried that twice.

Regards,
Bob Graves"

I would say I am DIW (Dead-in-the-Water)
Shelby [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Nashville, TN Joined: Jun 24, 2010 21:50 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Bob and Dafydd -

I am DIW too, and a newbie to boot. The tech guy had me uninstall three sorts of uninstaller files, remove program and then download along with content pack. Didn't work. Did a system recovery and then a new download, no change. Now he hasn't responded for 2 days.

I have only 6 tracks in the window, one of which is Pip. Some of the commands and options don't work. Now can't even open the program because it doesn't recognize my screen resolution as the right one, after numerous resetting of my resolution to the specs. Am thinking I am just going to have to ask for refund and use something else. Too bad since have started some projects in PD8.
Shelby [Avatar]
[Post New]
Also - went to download the Microsoft file Dayffd recommended and they say they no longer offer it because other problems in office software.

Bob - I got mine from Herman Street but found an email they had sent me as a receipt with a link to the key. Good luck.
Bob [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Also - went to download the Microsoft file Dayffd recommended and they say they no longer offer it because other problems in office software.

Bob - I got mine from Herman Street but found an email they had sent me as a receipt with a link to the key. Good luck.

Shelby, sounds like we have similar experiences. I found the email from Herman Street and sent it to the Tech Support guy and his response was to provide him the receipt or invoice before he could do anything for me. Now I am wondering if the software has a block to prevent it from being installed more than once. I installed on a Sony running XP, that computer broke, so I used the same key to install it on my laptop. I'm thinking the key can only be used once, that sucks.
Shelby [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well, my tech guy accepted my verification after I first went to Herman Street website link that was in their email, then entered my order number, then got the activation code, and then sent it to the tech guy along with a copy of the email receipt from Herman Street. I did all this with copy and paste. Then The tech guy sent me links to reload it, but you are going to need a password from your tech guy and also you are going to need that activation code. I bet you could even reload it by going straight through Herman Street process.
I have learned how to fix my initial problem so it was my ignorance. Remains to be seen how well PD will work. I read on PC mag blog that ULead has a good product, but we'll see. Hope you get that activation code!

I'
griffinftw
Newbie Location: Fort Worth, TX Joined: Sep 22, 2010 13:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, just purchased PD 8 Ultra about a week ago and it installed and started fine. However, when I attempted to install the content packs I get the attached error. I opened a support ticket and fully described the issue and the tech support guy, Gaurav, had me download and install "CLCleaner-PDR7.0-90.exe" which made no difference in the install problem. He then had me download the program and content pack form an ftp site and reinstall. Of course I uninstalled the original and reinstalled the new downloads and got the second error message (attached: failure 2). His latest attempt to solve the problem was to have me turn off UAC (which I did immediatly after I installed WIN 7) & turn off all start up programs. This made no difference as well. Well here I am and I have not heard from Cyberlink tech support in over three days now, so I guess I've been abandoned. I can't say that I'm very impressed with Cyberlink tech support. It really "urks" me that they want to charge $30 for phone support on a product that I have already spen $100 on.

Anybody have any ideas. If not I will simply ask for a refund and move on to find another editing program that works.
[Thumb - Failure 2.GIF]
 Filename
Failure 2.GIF
[Disk]
 Description
Second error message
 Filesize
178 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
444 time(s)
[Thumb - Content Pack Error.GIF]
 Filename
Content Pack Error.GIF
[Disk]
 Description
First error message
 Filesize
125 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
425 time(s)
F.R.O.G.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Both the executables you've downloaded are compressed files and need to unpack. If you use winRar and extract the files you can create a new folder for each, in the "same location" as you have them shown in the images. Once these new folders with their content have been extracted successfully you can then look for the setup.exe in both program and contents packs to install correctly.

WinRar is a 30 day prog (like winzip etc). Google the name I think it's by Rarlab, I did correspond with the developer before he died some years ago. Good bit of software.

I would also clean up your temp files (looks to me you have a corrupt file.

I would also use a software called Free Download Manager to download both the exe's. Again just google the name. Watch out for the FDM addons it'll ask to install.

the cleaner tool provided just ensures a smooth installation.

I don't give support to either of the products I've mentioned but I do use them.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

PS griffinftw. You should have posted under a new thread.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 23. 2010 12:59

Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 27, 2009 13:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had problems installing PD 8 on my laptop, running Win 7, until I set the screen resolution back to 100% on Display page, on 'make text larger and easier to read' page.

I usually have my screens set at 150% and found several multi-media programs unable to install, unable to recognize real screen resolution. Re-setting to 100% solved all my issues.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
PM sent to griffinftw.

Dafydd
griffinftw
Newbie Location: Fort Worth, TX Joined: Sep 22, 2010 13:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd

Attached is the file you requested.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Diagnostic File
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
372 time(s)
F.R.O.G.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you David, I forwarded all the info to CyberLink.

I believe you should have had a reply to your online support question (contacted by CyberLink).

Thanks

Dafydd
dl_unlimited [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2010 04:28 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys sorry to dig up an older thread but i am also having issues getting the PowerDirector8_ContentPack to install.

I have contacted tech support with no feedback as yet.

My issue is that i install "PowerDirector8Program_3022_VDE091014-01" which works fine.
I then restart my machine.
I go to install the "PowerDirector8_ContentPack" but upon finishing installing when my only option is to click "finish" it not responds and returns with an error (see attachments).

I have tried re-downloading the packs, clearing all registry entries for any related cyberlink or powerdirector files.

I also have attached a DXdiag system output.

PLEASE HELP!
[Thumb - CS000932376-1288698331728-0.jpg]
 Filename
CS000932376-1288698331728-0.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen 1
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
299 time(s)
[Thumb - CS000932376-1288698334338-2.jpg]
 Filename
CS000932376-1288698334338-2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen 2
 Filesize
161 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
322 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag output
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
273 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Content Pack.

Right click on the exe and select Properties. Please provide the version details.

I note the content pack exe's name has been shortened. What's the source for your file download for that data please?

Possible solutions.
Clean up your temp directory - you've got all the junk of a partial/full unpack install in there which needs cleaning out.
C:\Users\PCNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Temp
Use WinRAR to unpack the exe to a directory and from the resulting directory install using the setup.exe.

Looks to me that the Install Shield software on your system is having problems unpacking/installing.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2010 06:51

dl_unlimited [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dafydd Bevan,

Since posting this i have read your very insightful post on cleaning up.

I have since Run CCleaner and cleared a heap of junk.

The Content Pack is file version 4.0.100.1190

I have extracted all the PowerDirector exe's using WinRar and will attempt to install again.

Appreciate your help very much!

OK SO UPDATE
I tried as you suggested and cleared all temp files.

I then proceeded to extract both the Power Director and Content packs into folders using WINRAR.
I Ran the setup exe for PowerDirector exe which installed fine.
I Restarted
I then ran the setup exe for the ContentPack, which got to 95% done and returned with a NEW error which i have attached as ERROR 3.jpeg
[Thumb - Error 3.jpg]
 Filename
Error 3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Error 3
 Filesize
57 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
301 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2010 07:21

dl_unlimited [Avatar]
[Post New]
After closing the application it finished installing,up to diag box where "Finish" is the only option.

It then proceeded to crash as per original posts and print screens.