Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Images remain during playback after I delete
SurfDestin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 20:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I deleted several images, then replaced with a video clip. During playback my video showsin timeline but not in playback. However the deleted images that do NOT show in timeline do show in the playback

What am I missing to fully delete the images and have my video clip playback?

[EDIT] To add to my issue, I find if I add more video clips, I see more of the deleted images instead during playback. I guess I just need to discard my entire project (was nearly finished after too many hours] and create a new one with fresh video. Really odd as I can't see any images in the timeline yet they show in my playback

Thanks all

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2023 21:13

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I deleted several images, then replaced with a video clip. During playback my video showsin timeline but not in playback. However the deleted images that do NOT show in timeline do show in the playback

What am I missing to fully delete the images and have my video clip playback?

It's been an issue many users have reported with for multiple versions of PD, it never really gets resolved. Nothing you are really missing. If using shadow files, you might try deleting them in pref. You might try shutting down PD and reopening your project and see if that helps.

Jeff
SurfDestin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 20:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

It's been an issue many users have reported with for multiple versions of PD, it never really gets resolved. Nothing you are really missing. If using shadow files, you might try deleting them in pref. You might try shutting down PD and reopening your project and see if that helps.

Jeff

That helped! Here's what I did

located shadow files and removal process using this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_UIXd-Q4Ek.

Then I rebooted, did not resolve fully. So I navigated to the folder where PowerDirector states those shadow files are stored and deleted them (Have to shutdown PD). I then restarted PD which seems to cause the project to regenerate the shadow files for what is now in my timeline. Resolved

Thanks for the help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2023 08:34

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That helped! Here's what I did

located shadow files and removal process using this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_UIXd-Q4Ek.

Then I rebooted, did not resolve fully. So I navigated to the folder where PowerDirector states those shadow files are stored and deleted them (Have to shutdown PD). I then restarted PD which seems to cause the project to regenerate the shadow files for what is now in my timeline. Resolved

Thanks for the help

When you use the manual delete of shadow files in pref you have to do that with a clean session of PD so no shadow files are active. If any shadow files are part of current loaded project, they won't be deleted. When your real project is opened again, shadow files will be regenerated if they were set in pref.

Shadow files have been known to create lots of issues, you should review if you really need or want them active.

Jeff
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]

When you use the manual delete of shadow files in pref you have to do that with a clean session of PD so no shadow files are active. If any shadow files are part of current loaded project, they won't be deleted. When your real project is opened again, shadow files will be regenerated if they were set in pref.

Shadow files have been known to create lots of issues, you should review if you really need or want them active.

Jeff

Thanks for this response. I've had this problem too in the past and was wondering what caused it. Do we really need shadow files? They take up disc space as well!

Paul
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for this response. I've had this problem too in the past and was wondering what caused it. Do we really need shadow files? They take up disc space as well!

Paul

It depends how fast of a system you have, source video specs, and how fluid you like the timeline to playback. PD has very poor timeline playback fluidity vs other products so they have lots of crutches to assist, like: shadow files, shadow file resolution, non-real time, YUV/RGB display, Render Preview, hardware decoding, Preview Quality, ... to name a few.

I typically don't use shadow files on my higher end system, nice concept, however poor implementation and lack of corrective/debug actions have caused way too many issues over the years for me. But, if you always want the most fluid timeline playback to edit, they do help there with PD.

Jeff