Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding a New Tag
DanH84 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 09:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having an issue with adding new tags. I like for all of my footage to be separated into different tags. Example would be, Tag 1 would have multiple cameras of XYZ footage. Tag 2 would have multiple cameras of ABC footage. Now, when I'm adding tags and trying to import media, it is saying "You haven't added this tag to any templates." and it is not allowing me to import media into the tags. This never happened in the previous version of the software, I could always add tags and put the footage in the tag that I wanted.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm having an issue with adding new tags. I like for all of my footage to be separated into different tags. Example would be, Tag 1 would have multiple cameras of XYZ footage. Tag 2 would have multiple cameras of ABC footage. Now, when I'm adding tags and trying to import media, it is saying "You haven't added this tag to any templates." and it is not allowing me to import media into the tags. This never happened in the previous version of the software, I could always add tags and put the footage in the tag that I wanted.

Appears they have made it more inconvenient than prior release. One option, after you create your tag, import your media in the main media room and then select individual or multiple files and right mouse click and "Add to Custom Tag" should do it.

If your files are already saved in isolated folders correctly, maybe import folder might be an option.

Jeff

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 01. 2023 10:37

DanH84 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 01, 2023 09:50 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Creating the tag, importing to the main media room and then dragging the files over worked! Thank you smile

Appears they have made it more inconvenient than prior release. One option, after you create your tag, import your media in the main media room and then select individual or multiple files and right mouse click and "Add to Custom Tag" should do it.

If your files are already saved in isolated folders correctly, maybe import folder might be an option.

Jeff
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Creating the tag, importing to the main media room and then dragging the files over worked! Thank you smile

Or use "Create a Folder" option for isolating files if you like a clean Media Room. Since a tag, deleting from Media Room would remove from tag folder too.

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
With some testing with the tagging I see the same:
Once a tag has been defined AND at least one file from the “general” media room has been assigned to this tag, new files can directly be added to this tag.
As you say, it does not appear to be possible to add media directly into a tag with no media in it.
Also any media added to a tag that is already in the media room either tagged or not, will not be added to the selected tag. Media can be tagged in more than one tag.

Maybe submit a suggestion to (reinstate or repair) the adding of media in empty tags?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Once a tag has been defined AND at least one file from the “general” media room has been assigned to this tag, new files can directly be added to this tag.

Prior release allowed one to simply drag and drop from windows explorer window directly to tagged media rooms without going through the whole Import Media routine which made things very easy and convenient to populate the tags as desired. Just another missing/overlooked nice feature.

Jeff