Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Deleted projects assets
[Post New]
Hello,

I clicked on My Projects to look at some past projects.

For some projects, some of the assets were deleted.

PD now hangs on this screen (see image)

There is not way to exit. So I have to kill the task and relaunch.

But how do I see the rest of the projects that have assets?

Thanks,

Veep0
[Thumb - pdprojecthang.png]
 Filename
pdprojecthang.png
[Disk]
 Description
hangs
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Thanks,

Veep0

If I understand correctly, on the PD home screen, resting the mouse on the project icon, it shows the path to where you saved it.

If you want to access the “autosave” projects.
Edit menu, Preferences, Project, Browse, shows the default folder or another. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

Thanks,

Veep0

Hi,
I haven't tested this exhaustively, and I don't use the My Projects route to look at past projects.

On my system, PDR found some past projects, including some with missing assets. There was a short delay whilst it searched, indexed and displayed the My Projects library, but that was for only 15 projects that it found. I don't know how PDR collated the contents of the My Projects library so.....? In subsequent openings of My Projects, ther was no delay really.

If I dragged a project with missing assets to the timeline, I got the usual Ignore, Ignore All or Browse Dialogue, which then worked as normal.

So, I wonder if the missing assets is the reason for your issue, or if the My Project library population process is at fault?

It would be a difficult one to troubleshoot, so unless anyone can confirm/duplicate the issue, I would recommend raising a ticket with support.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

If I understand correctly, on the PD home screen, resting the mouse on the project icon, it shows the path to where you saved it.

If you want to access the “autosave” projects.
Edit menu, Preferences, Project, Browse, shows the default folder or another.

When I open PD the new screen lists my projects, when I click on a project that has assets that were deleted it hangs. I thought it might say 'missing assets' and would open with what is left, but loading bar just hangs there. There is not exit option and it doesn't time out. So I have to quit PD with task manager.

Does that help?

Thanks for taking the time!