Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector crashes during editing
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

The program is still crashing after downloading and installing the hot fix using the CAM.

Hello,

Another hotfix was released that includes the following updates:

- Fixes the issue that the program cannot correctly launch with specific Intel VGA drivers.
- Improves program stability when splitting video clips and then resizing in the preview window.
- Improves program stability when applying style effects and then moving clips to another track.

Please update and check if this finally fixes your crash issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

A hotfix was released via CAM for 365 subscribers to fix crash issues. Please update and check to see if it's resolved.

The perpetual hotfix should be available later today, or tomorrow. You can download it from the CL website when it's available:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

Today, tomorrow for perpetual hotfix, this post was a week ago. Did it not get posted or is it still in the works to properly correct the issue?

Jeff
victormoises321654 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2012 01:16 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]

Today, tomorrow for perpetual hotfix, this post was a week ago. Did it not get posted or is it still in the works to properly correct the issue?

Jeff
Here for me the update automatically appeared and changed to version v22.0.2118.0 but I didn't see any improvements here sometimes the program crashes. You have to go to settings and see if receiving automatic updates is enabled.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Here for me the update automatically appeared and changed to version v22.0.2118.0 but I didn't see any improvements here sometimes the program crashes. You have to go to settings and see if receiving automatic updates is enabled.

As stated, my question was for the perpetual version, I believe you might be referencing the subscription version which does not apply. There are currently no updates posted for the perpetual version either on the website or enabling automatic updates in the application.

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

- Fixes the issue that the program cannot correctly launch with specific Intel VGA drivers.
- Improves program stability when splitting video clips and then resizing in the preview window.
- Improves program stability when applying style effects and then moving clips to another track.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Suggest to put these kind of updates as a separate entry in the forum list, so that it can be found, please.
Chrissyc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 08, 2012 06:12 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Please could you explain how to update PD using the hotfix you mention. My updated 365 subscription PD crashes every few minutes, and is doing lots of weird things. I've clicked on the link ending with "action=dowload", but there doesn't appear to be anything to download.

Many thanks.
RobertCarpenter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2019 16:00 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]

Please could you explain how to update PD using the hotfix you mention. My updated 365 subscription PD crashes every few minutes, and is doing lots of weird things. I've clicked on the link ending with "action=dowload", but there doesn't appear to be anything to download.

Many thanks.

I have downloaded all of the updates via Cyberlink Application Manager. Under PowerDirector 365 it shows "Update."
victormoises321654 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 20, 2012 01:16 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Here with the latest update the program is crashing with GoPro video files, it is impossible to edit my bicycle pedal videos, the program simply crashes and the message appears that this program has stopped responding. What is your suggestion to update nvidia graphics drives? The previous version was working for me but after this update it became bad, how do I go back to the version before this update.
Ron T [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 04, 2015 13:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Maliek, Really glad to see your comment. Customer support has been telling me that it is my problem. I was right in the middle of a project when the update popped up. I downloaded and have not been able to open that project since. I have about 50 crashes to show. I have done several complete re-installs with no help. Can not even open projects that were completely finished months ago and have been burned to DVD and memory chips. Program seems to work up to about 10 minutes in length and then you will never open again. Would have my computer modified but everything looks like a software issue to me. I have tried many things like renaming media files and saying ignore, when the project looks for that media but it will still crash. I have cancelled my automatic renewal to hope to force some support but nothing so far. I wish us all well with this resolution.

Ron T.