Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tools removed or not
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Updated PD365, in addition to increasing the number of clicks to access tools, I think some have been removed in video editing.
1 – Opacity line in video clips, photos, etc.

2 – Video filter, “Edge Enhancement

3 - “Apply to all” button

4 - Quick view button (>>) Now (Ctrl + F)
They will be greatly missed at my work.
Am I mistaken or is that just it?

In the absence of the Apply All button, we can use Copy / Paste Attributes, it works for one video at a time, not for several selected videos.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2023 21:12

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Updated PD365, in addition to increasing the number of clicks to access tools, I think some have been removed in video editing.

Opacity line appears removed from easy timeline adjustment and view as you note, it appears only control is in the menus

Edge Enhancement is now part of "Color", click Edit above timeline and then Keyframes tab and look in the Color Adjustment area or click Keyframes above timeline and look in the Color Adjustment area. However, once applied, if you select it in the timeline for a easy edit of settings, the proper area is not brought up so one needs to fish through the menus again.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

Opacity line appears removed from easy timeline adjustment and view as you note, it appears only control is in the menus

Edge Enhancement is now part of "Color", click Edit above timeline and then Keyframes tab and look in the Color Adjustment area or click Keyframes above timeline and look in the Color Adjustment area. However, once applied, if you select it in the timeline for a easy edit of settings, the proper area is not brought up so one needs to fish through the menus again.

Jeff

Thank you JL JL

I found Edge Enhancement.
Apply all, button still searching. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Philkon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2018 10:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Updated PD365, in addition to increasing the number of clicks to access tools, I think some have been removed in video editing.

I cannot find the Motion Tracker. And the adjustable controls for the fade-in, fade-our section do not appear in the timeline, or in the editing box.

Very frustrating.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]

I cannot find the Motion Tracker. And the adjustable controls for the fade-in, fade-our section do not appear in the timeline, or in the editing box.

Very frustrating.

Right click on the video clip, in the menu that appears, Edit Video, Motion Tracker
Open the tool XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Philkon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2018 10:46 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]

Right click on the video clip, in the menu that appears, Edit Video, Motion Tracker
Open the tool

Thank you very much.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Apply all, button still searching.

The apply to all button has been replaced by right clicking on the effect (transition, LUTS and the like) and selecting Apply to all.....
Or go to the menu that sits behind the ... in the right hand top corner of a number of rooms.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The apply to all button has been replaced by right clicking on the effect (transition, LUTS and the like) and selecting Apply to all.....
Or go to the menu that sits behind the ... in the right hand top corner of a number of rooms.

Transitions, LUTS,... and the like had the right click options previous, nothing new there. How do you "apply to all" for like Edge Enhancement, Color Enhancement, White Balance,..... and that whole group of features, could you attach a picture?

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
How do you "apply to all" for like Edge Enhancement, Color Enhancement, White Balance,..... and that whole group of features, could you attach a picture?
Jeff

You can't, at least I have not found it, see my other post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119406.page#449746
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You can't, at least I have not found it, see my other post: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/119406.page#449746

So many nice editing proficiency features are amongst the missing. Your other post, title and all, was modified after I posted inquiry to your "Apply all" comments being available.

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]

So many nice editing proficiency features are amongst the missing. Your other post, title and all, was modified after I posted inquiry to your "Apply all" comments being available.

Jeff

Indeed! Hence a strong appeal to Cyberlink to make things better.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2023 11:55

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Edge Enhancement is now part of "Color", click Edit above timeline and then Keyframes tab and look in the Color Adjustment area or click Keyframes above timeline and look in the Color Adjustment area. However, once applied, if you select it in the timeline for a easy edit of settings, the proper area is not brought up so one needs to fish through the menus again.

More than likely Edge Enhancement should be in this menu as shown in attached pic, like the other features. Using the Edge Enhancement quick edit shortcut from the timeline would then be functional like the other features.

My guess just another release bug. As it is, you can't entirely remove Edge Enhancement feature once applied.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD22_EdgeEnhancement.png]
 Filename
PD22_EdgeEnhancement.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
620 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
27 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2023 21:49

JohnRobinsonRC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2021 03:35 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]

For me number 1 (1 – Opacity line in video clips, photos, etc.) is the most used function and I have no idea why they would remove it. How Frustrating. Sometimes changing things for change sake is just ridiculous. Cancelled my subscription for now as I have 3 video tracks and various overlays that require constant changes.

Edit:

Well having now used the update for 5 minutes. I am going to look for an alternative. Why have you stopped the timeline line move to the start of the video or picture automatically when selecting it? Seems to add another unnecessary step. To get to the tools or colours feels like another 1 or 2 steps. I don't have time to go through all of these steps for every video speed adjustment or to edit the colour. And when I try and select a video clip I can no longer do so to easily edit the keyframes and video placement. Why have you removed it? This update clearly shows that you do not care about productivity. Removing most used functions and adding additional steps seems ridiculous. Thank god my subscription ends in 5 days.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2023 03:01

Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
I agree! I have a bit more time to look around for an alternative. Suggestions are welcome!
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
For some video filters, the enable/disable box was removed, this is terrible, we can't compare, with and without effect.
The Apply to all button has been removed.
The way is to click on the Color icon, added to the video, right click and select, Copy Keiframe Attributes, Select other videos, right click and select, Paste Keiframe Attributes

It works for one video at a time, not for several selected videos.
[Thumb - filter color.jpg]
 Filename
filter color.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
54 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 25. 2023 21:15

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
Mike Hall [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2018 19:37 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I agree! I have a bit more time to look around for an alternative. Suggestions are welcome!

Is there a way of rolling back to the previous (and much better) version?
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Apparantly you can add Content Aware Editing to the removed features.

From Tech support: "After further checking with our product team, the legacy Content Aware Edit tool has ceased in the new version of PowerDirector 365. That is why you do not see the feature entry in the current version of PowerDirector".

For me, this is enough to cancel my subscription and go back to my version 21. Which brings up a major, (at least in my opinion) reason to not use the subscription model.... they remove a feature and there is no way to get it back.
Barry
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Apparantly you can add Content Aware Editing to the removed features.

From Tech support: "After further checking with our product team, the legacy Content Aware Edit tool has ceased in the new version of PowerDirector 365. That is why you do not see the feature entry in the current version of PowerDirector".

For me, this is enough to cancel my subscription and go back to my version 21. Which brings up a major, (at least in my opinion) reason to not use the subscription model.... they remove a feature and there is no way to get it back.
Barry

Too funny, seems like they thought it was there as it's in the PD24 Help system as current docs show. Appears they moved the feature from the old "Tools" menu to More features icon, but it's not there. Who’s on first?

Jeff
[Thumb - PD24_Content_Aware.PNG]
 Filename
PD24_Content_Aware.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
826 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2023 20:51

organicap [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2018 17:12 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I too found this update unuseable. What a mess. The missing opacity display was a game ender. And the pointless (and uncustomizable) color coding, and the ...

I reverted to the previous version. But I had to do so via a restore point, after cyberlink's response to my request for help in reverting was not helpful - They ignored my question completely and instead answered one that they wished I had asked.

I have downgraded my subscription from Auto Renew to Manual, with no interest in touching this 2024 version, and the assumption that I will let it expire.
BKatay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2015 04:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you JL JL

I found Edge Enhancement.
Apply all, button still searching.

I still can't find the Edge Enhancement. Neither in Edit > Video > Tools, nor in the Color tab. Disappointing. Can anyone help, please?

(PowerDirector team: you might need a feature search feature like in Office nowadays...)