Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tools removed or not
BKatay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 27, 2015 04:33 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you JL JL

I found Edge Enhancement.
Apply all, button still searching.

I still can't find the Edge Enhancement. Neither in Edit > Video > Tools, nor in the Color tab. Disappointing. Can anyone help, please?

(PowerDirector team: you might need a feature search feature like in Office nowadays...)
paulsw212 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 30, 2023 19:21 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]

I still can't find the Edge Enhancement. Neither in Edit > Video > Tools, nor in the Color tab. Disappointing. Can anyone help, please?

(PowerDirector team: you might need a feature search feature like in Office nowadays...)

Edge enhancement is still there, but they're removed the toggle button in editing. So now you have to take the long way round and do it via keyframe settings:
right click - edit clip keyframe - adjustment
The option is there under 'white balance'. If you add a single keyframe and enter the degree of enhancement that should set it for the whole clip.

Paul
chanzilla [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2016 21:31 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Edge Enhancement is a tool I use very regularly to clean up smartphone camera videos in poor lighting situations. Not sure why it's buried under "Color". I can see the benefit of making it keyframe-specific, but for my workflow, the old way was just fast and effective. The downside to keyframe-based use is that if I'm clicking around for reference points and make any adjustments to the setting, that adjustment only applies to that keyframe going forward, when I want it to apply to the whole clip. While I do appreciate the other improvements with the latest version, it would be a time-save for me to switch back to the prior version just to quickly use this feature regularly.

Same with the video opacity. It was super-easy to create opacity keyframes on-the-fly along the timeline, and having the line along the track made it easier to keep up with what's going on when editing multiple tracks. In my case, each track is a different angle of the same event. Not having that visual reference right in front of me makes multi-cam editing very daunting.

I wish the Audio Sync feature worked in the main timeline, rather than encapsulated within a plugin window. I have several clips of the same event from different angles, and I want to be able to punch-in/out and PIP between them, and apply color corrections and effects per clip to better match different source cameras, and I can't do it in that editor. So what I've been doing is running the Audio Sync, jot down the start times of each clip relative to the main clip, escape out and on the main editor, drop and nudge the clips to their synced start times. It's a workaround, but an odd "extra" step for a program that's otherwise very intuitive. In fairness, I have yet to work with this in the latest release. My comments are about the prior version.

Opacity line appears removed from easy timeline adjustment and view as you note, it appears only control is in the menus

Edge Enhancement is now part of "Color", click Edit above timeline and then Keyframes tab and look in the Color Adjustment area or click Keyframes above timeline and look in the Color Adjustment area. However, once applied, if you select it in the timeline for a easy edit of settings, the proper area is not brought up so one needs to fish through the menus again.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]

1 Select the video
2 Edit, button
3 keyframes, button
4 Menu function
3 Control adjustment
See attached image
Without the on/off filter box, it is difficult to get a before and after view.

[Thumb - edge enh....jpg]
 Filename
edge enh....jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
114 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2023 14:14

MarkB777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 17:56 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
When i go to the effects tab i cannot find the light leaks that used to be in the previous versions. I had a LOT of light leaks. Are they still there?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When i go to the effects tab i cannot find the light leaks that used to be in the previous versions. I had a LOT of light leaks. Are they still there?

Once in the Effect tab, click on "Blending Effect" and then use the search bar and type leak and see if any of the found items are the ones you used. Unfortunately, mine are scattered in the various effect tabs. What an absolute mess, no one could have reviewed this prior to release, such a disappointment.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
I recently noticed that the heart, which is marked, turns red and adds the effect to the default folder, My Favorites.
Another way is to create new Favorites folders.
To add, right-click on the effect and select the folder name.

[Thumb - Favorites.png]
 Filename
Favorites.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
320 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 01. 2023 09:06

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB