Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Resizing Color (Colour) Boards
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using Power Director 16/17/19/21 for some years and have a number of ingrained habits. Today I tried to resize a colour (color) board something I have done many times before. Couldn't do it. Unless I'm doing something wrong the "handles" appear to be missing from the edges. See attached image.
[Thumb - ColorBoard2024.jpg]
 Filename
ColorBoard2024.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Color Board Missing Handles
 Filesize
786 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes they've clearly changed the behavior. While you can easily change the size, the aspect ratio seems to be fixed to that of the project (eg 16:9 or 1:1).

However it's fairly simple to change that by holding down the Shift key and dragging one of the corners to change the height and/or width of that corner relative to the other sides. Once you release the Shift key and try dragging any corner again, the board will scale in the new aspect ratio. You're also free to use the Shift key again to freely resize the board.
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes they've clearly changed the behavior. While you can easily change the size, the aspect ratio seems to be fixed to that of the project (eg 16:9 or 1:1).

However it's fairly simple to change that by holding down the Shift key and dragging one of the corners to change the height and/or width of that corner relative to the other sides. Once you release the Shift key and try dragging any corner again, the board will scale in the new aspect ratio. You're also free to use the Shift key again to freely resize the board.

There is an Maintain Aspect Ratio tick box in the object settings tab, untick it and you can alter the aspect ratio. Doh..