Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible to move tracks?
Joeled [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2023 05:56 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Lets say i have a video 60min i have edited in alot of small pieces with sounds, music and text. If i want to add something lets say 5min into the video how can i move everything after 5min to the right and add new stuff in the space between? Is it possible to move all tracks from 5min in one move?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Lets say i have a video 60min i have edited in alot of small pieces with sounds, music and text. If i want to add something lets say 5min into the video how can i move everything after 5min to the right and add new stuff in the space between? Is it possible to move all tracks from 5min in one move?

Many ways to accomidate. If you don't have a defined media clip to add at the 5min mark but just want to open timeline space for many clips to add and edit, one would use the timeline selection box and select everything in all tracks to the right of the 5 min mark and simply slide right to create your timeline gap.

Jeff
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Lets say i have a video 60min i have edited in alot of small pieces with sounds, music and text. If i want to add something lets say 5min into the video how can i move everything after 5min to the right and add new stuff in the space between? Is it possible to move all tracks from 5min in one move?

The way I do it, if there is a coincidence between the videos at the 5 minute position, place the cursor on the clip on the right and click on Stop so that it is exactly in that position, drag a new video to this junction, in the menu that appears I select the insert and move all clips option.
Joeled [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks but how can i move everything on the right side like movie, music and text to fill the gap on the left side?

The way I do it, if there is a coincidence between the videos at the 5 minute position, place the cursor on the clip on the right and click on Stop so that it is exactly in that position, drag a new video to this junction, in the menu that appears I select the insert and move all clips option.
Joeled [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figured it out.