Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create DVD does not work
Willem12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2023 05:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I used to be able to create DVD's with Power Director 12 on my previous laptop.

However since I re-installed it on a new laptop, it doesn't work anymore. The option "Write to Disk" is greyed out and does not respond.

Any idea what I need to do to make this work?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know, some PD12 functions including disc creations were reported to be non functional in Windows 10 after an upgrade from Win 7 nine years ago. Users had to upgrade to PD13 or later versions.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As far as I know, some PD12 functions including disc creations were reported to be non functional in Windows 10 after an upgrade from Win 7 nine years ago. Users had to upgrade to PD13 or later versions.

Mine appears to be fine on both a Win7 upgrade platform and a Win10 native platform.

Willem12, can you post a screen grab of the issue? I'm not sure where your quoted "Write to Disk" is located. Is it the "Burn to disc" shown in my screen grab? If that is greyed out, any chance you only have a DVD player/reader and not a writer in your new laptop? Is the "Create a folder" option selectable? If so, you could use that and burn to DVD on another viable computer.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD12_BurntoDisc.png]
 Filename
PD12_BurntoDisc.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
650 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Willem12 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Mine appears to be fine on both a Win7 upgrade platform and a Win10 native platform.

Willem12, can you post a screen grab of the issue? I'm not sure where your quoted "Write to Disk" is located. Is it the "Burn to disc" shown in my screen grab? If that is greyed out, any chance you only have a DVD player/reader and not a writer in your new laptop? Is the "Create a folder" option selectable? If so, you could use that and burn to DVD on another viable computer.

Jeff

Hello JL-JL, please find a screen shot enclosed of the main page. It is the "Schijf maken" (Burn to disk) menu, next to "Produceren" (produce).

I'm using an external DVD writer with USB.

How can I find the "create folder" option?

Thanks!
[Thumb - 20230522_184750.jpg]
 Filename
20230522_184750.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Screen shot
 Filesize
300 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello JL-JL, please find a screen shot enclosed of the main page. It is the "Schijf maken" (Burn to disk) menu, next to "Produceren" (produce).

I'm using an external DVD writer with USB.

How can I find the "create folder" option?

Thanks!

I've never seen that menu option being greyed out in the Ultimate or Ultra release of PD12. I've only seen it unavailable in like the HE3D, DE, LE versions of PD12, which exact PD12 version do you have (Click Movie Camera in upper left of PD12 session)?

The "Create a folder" is a option once you can open "Schijf maken", the Create disc tab.

Jeff
Willem12 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I've never seen that menu option being greyed out in the Ultimate or Ultra release of PD12. I've only seen it unavailable in like the HE3D, DE, LE versions of PD12, which exact PD12 version do you have (Click Movie Camera in upper left of PD12 session)?

The "Create a folder" is a option once you can open "Schijf maken", the Create disc tab.

Jeff

It is mentioning PowerDirector LE 12.0.3617.0, does it mean I have an incomplete version?
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It is mentioning PowerDirector LE 12.0.3617.0, does it mean I have an incomplete version?

The LE is a very limited edition, usually provided free or with a purchase of hardware like a portable DVD drive and it does not contain the ability to create a DVD. That functionality has been blocked as well as so many other features in this LE version compared to say the purchased PD12 Ultimate version.

The inability to access the "Schijf maken", Create disc tab is because of the extremely limited PD12 you have installed. If your old laptop could create a DVD with PD12, it was not using this very limited LE version.

Jeff