Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Tools is missing.
Wikkyd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 01, 2017 22:55 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hey can anyone help. I have watched some of the tutorials on how to pan and zoom. And people are clicking on a video clip, then going to "tools" and then "pan and zoom"

However on my powerdirector 365, the "Tools" drop down is missing. All I have is a "marker" icon, a scissors icon, Edit, Keyframes, and a hamburger menu. There are no tools.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey can anyone help. I have watched some of the tutorials on how to pan and zoom. And people are clicking on a video clip, then going to "tools" and then "pan and zoom"

However on my powerdirector 365, the "Tools" drop down is missing. All I have is a "marker" icon, a scissors icon, Edit, Keyframes, and a hamburger menu. There are no tools.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi,

Now under the Edit button.

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/365/win/enu/09_03_01_panzoomcrop.html?q=pan+zoom

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
keglined [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 12, 2013 15:39 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hey can anyone help. I have watched some of the tutorials on how to pan and zoom. And people are clicking on a video clip, then going to "tools" and then "pan and zoom"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

I found Tools in 'Edit' but they are not nearly as workable as previous versions. Crop, for example, is a disaster . . . you can only crop the beginning frame of a clip; you can no longer navigate the clip to find out where the best crop is.

It's mind blowing when software makers turn their product into something worse when they build new versions. Very disappointing.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Crop, for example, is a disaster . . . you can only crop the beginning frame of a clip; you can no longer navigate the clip to find out where the best crop is.

Place the scrubber anywhere you want and click on the Add Keyframe button, then resize the frame as desired.

That's how it's worked since at least PD13, so I'm not sure what you were expecting
Yeldud11115434 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2020 04:27 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

It would be super helpful if Cyberlink made the relavent change to their help page:

Customer Support - How do I change the speed of a video or audio clip in CyberLink PowerDirector 10? Can I shorten or extend the length of a media clip by dragging it? | CyberLink